16. HER First Support

Ritika was the first one to open her eyes after their passionate night of love making and looked at Aarush who was holding her in his arms as she laid on his chest. She smiled remembering the night and sat straight slowly making sure that his sleep won't get disturbed. She sat holding the quilt to her chest and Aarush opened his eyes to see her in deep thoughts.

He smiled and kissed her arm bringing her back from her thoughts and looked at him saying "Good morning and...happy birthday..."

He sat straight with a smile and took her into his embrace saying "Indeed the best birthday..." and kissed on side of her head.

"Oye...All okay...!?" He asked seeing her stay silent and she smiled nodding her head.

"Before anyone comes to your room, I'll go to my room..." She said taking her top from the floor and he chuckled saying "It's okay...Just take a shower here...I'll get your dress from your room in the meanwhile..."

Before she could say anything, he scooped her in his arms and dropped near the washroom and pecked her lips before she went in. He smiled and went to her room to get her clothes and once she came back from shower, he went to get ready for his day.

At the breakfast table, Aarush joined his family and got seated after taking blessings from elders.

"Ritika beta...Kya hua...!? You look so worried...!?" Manik asked seeing her silent unlike other days and Aarush instantly looked at her while she covered it with a smile and nodded in no.

"Aarush...Your friends will be joining na for the party in the evening...!?" Manik asked and Aarush nodded with a smile.

Aarush observed Ritika being silent and lost in thoughts and whenever someone asked her, she just brushed it off with a smile.

In the evening, everyone got ready for the party and Manik and Nandini were receiving the guests. Aarush looked at his girl who was wearing a sea blue gown and looked elegant but her smile was missing. He looked around and pulled her towards the adjacent room to which she whispered "Senior...What are you doing...!?"

"You tell me first...What's wrong with you...!? Subah se dekh raha hoon...You look so lost...What happened...!?" He asked cupping her cheek and she sighed saying "Aisi koi baat nai hai Senior...I'm fine..."

Aarush sighed and asked "Ritika...We both know that you are lying...By any chance, are you regretting last night...!?"

Ritika looked at him with wide eyes and bent her head to which he cupped her face and asked "Bolo Ritu...Do you regret what happened between us last night...!?"

She bit her lower lip to control her tears but gave in looking at his eyes and said "I don't know...Really I don't know Senior...I'm confused...I mean...definitely I'm not regretting it...There's no way that I'll regret the most beautiful night of our lives..."

"Toh phir baat kya hai...!?" He asked wiping her tears and she replied "I feel like...we misused our freedom...Amma, Appa trust us a lot...and I feel like we did something that we shouldn't...Did we take advantage of their trust...!?"

"Ritu...listen to me...I understand what you are feeling and I just can't say anything about what has already happened...But I promise...We'll not do this or anything for that matter that will make us feel guilty or think that we have misused their trust...Now please just let it go and smile...It's my birthday Ritu please..." He said trying to convince her.

She quickly wiped her tears and said "I'm so sorry...I didn't mean to spoil your day...And I really mean it when I say that I don't regret our night...It was the happiest moment of my life..."

He kissed on her forehead and they joined the party with a smile.

Two days later,

"Appa...See na..." Ritika came whining and sat beside Manik who smiled and asked "What happened bacha...!?"