23. THEIR Passion

4 months later,

"Ritika...yaar please na..." Aarush pleaded looking at the pout face of his wife on video call.

"It's our first Karwa chauth Senior...Let me come..." She pleaded again.

"Are you crazy??? The next day you have an exam...How do you even think to travel...??" He scolded and she sighed saying "Atleast aap jao na..."

"I have already told you Ritika...My assignments are pending...Please try to understand..." He said in a helpless tone and she was ready to cry and so he hung up the call.

"Is he coming??" Nandini asked when she came to her room and Ritika nodded in a no sadly.

She sighed and said "It's okay beta...Sad nahi hote...Come on..."

On the day of karwachauth,

She did all the rituals but when her stomach growled in the afternoon, she thought "Vrat rakh ke bhi kya faida when the one who has to be there isn't here..."

She tossed an apple and was about to take a bite but stopped remembering the elders saying its for husband's well being.

She twitched her lips and turned to the other side while Abhay made his entry to cheer her up till evening.

In the evening, Nandini and Nyonika guided her to do the pooja before moon arrived.

"Chalo....Chaand aa gaya..." Ritika said and checked for her mobile to video call Aarush.

When she couldn't find it, she asked "Can someone call him please...I can't find my mobile..."

"My phone got switched off" Manik said.

"Haan mera bhi charge pe hai..." Nandini said.

"Mera mobile update ho raha hai" Nyonika said making Ritika frown.

"My phone screen got broken" Raj said at last and she huffed searching her mobile.

She saw Abhay standing ideally and yelled "Bhayya...Help me out na...Call him... I'll die out of hunger..."

Abhay chuckled and called out "Aarush...Your wife is waiting bro..."

"What...!!!" She mouthed in confusion but soon turned into a big smile when Aarush stood before her.

"Happy???" He asked and she nodded with tears and then looked at her family asking "So you all knew about it??"

"Of course" They shrugged and she quickly started the pooja as per Nandini's instructions.

"Chalo ab pyr choo" She said and Ritika looked at Aarush who smirked and signalled with his eyes.

"Ache se chuo" He said and she bent to touch his feet and pinched on the other making him jump a little.

"Vrat kholo Aaru" Nandini said and Aarush made her drink water and fed her some sweet.

The elders went downstairs to check on the dinner arrangements and Ritika hugged Aarush tight saying "Thank you so much..."

"You fasted for me and can't I do this for you...!?" Aarush said hitting her head with his and she smiled.

"Chalo let's have dinner..." He said and they joined others to have dinner.

Once retired to their room, he pulled her into a kiss.

She smiled and unbuttoned his shirt but he stopped her saying "You have an exam tomorrow...Did you finish revising...!??"

She pouted and said "Thoda hai abhi...But please na senior...You came after 4 months...Thoda pyaar toh banta hai na..."

He chuckled and gave in to her wish of making love and helped her revise for some time.

"We will go for a dinner tomorrow..." She said closing her books and laid beside him.

He just smiled and took her into his embrace and let her sleep, but he was lost in his thoughts.

Next morning,

"Bye senior...You remember the plan right...?? Ready rehna aap..." She said while leaving to college.

"You didn't tell her??" Manik asked and Aarush nodded in a no.

By evening, Ritika came home rushing happily and said "Maa....Pa...Exam was good...Me and Aarush have a plan for dinner... Where is he...!? I'll check and cone...."

"Ready raho Nandu..." Manik whispered seeing Ritika rush to their room.

Ritika looked around and her smile dropped seeing it empty with a letter on her study table.

She understood what it is but took it slowly to read "I'm sorry Ritu...I didn't want to disturb your exam and that's why I didn't tell you that I'll have to leave...My visit was planned for a day because I have a surgery to assist...My first surgery and you know what that means to me...Hope you will understand and I'm sorry once again... -Your Senior"

She wiped her tears and sat silent for a while to compose herself and got freshen up.

Manik and Nandini looked at each other seeing her normal and she smiled saying "Don't worry... I'm fine...Haan thoda bura laga but I can understand Maa...He is going to attend his first surgery..."

Manik ruffled her hairs and she hugged him controlling her emotions as a matured adult.

The next day, Aarush video called excitingly to share his experience in the OT while Ritika too has a good news that she has got the internship in their university hospital.

"That was so cool Ritu..." He exclaimed happily and he started explaining the case that he handled and how the surgery went for hours.

Nandini made a face on hearing their talks and walked to the living room.

"Yaar yeh bache bhi na...They just talk about blood, body parts, knives and all aise hi..." Nandini said making Manik chuckle and he said "Doctors hai dhonon...What else they will talk...!? That too in long distance....Waise...My son is not as romantic as me..."

He pulled her towards him holding her waist making her blush even after all these years.

On the other hand,

"Ritu what are you doing...!!???" Aarush exclaimed, gulped and shifted in his place looking at his mobile screen as Ritika undressed herself.

"Changing...Waise What's there to hide from you...!!!?" She said casually and undid her inner hooks and put on her nightwear while Aarush gaped without a blink.

His throat went dry while she smirked getting him back to reality.

"I swear I'll show you what happens when you tease your husband..." He warned with a flushed face and getting ready for a cold shower to calm his nerves.

She chuckled and said "And for that to happen Mr.Patidev...You have to come here..."

"Haslo haslo....Just 4 months left to finish my course..." He said taking the towel while she smiled and cut the call thinking "4 more months..."

Ignore mistakes...