Coming Home

It had been six days Liam knew it was time he had to go home. He put things away, collected up his stuff including the money. He'd picked up some padlocks and things he locked up the back rooms and sealed the windows. He walked out the door secured it and started to head home, he really wasn't sure how far away from home he was, he didn't really even know where he was he hadn't really been taking noticed when he walked out of his flat. Eventually he got home, put the key in the lock. He hadn't even got through the door when Dave appeared "Liam oh my god where have you been? I've been worried sick" Liam shut the door and walked past him, took his coat off and sat down "Liam I said where have you been?" "I needed some time alone I just went somewhere to chill, don't worry I'm fine" Liam couldn't be bothered to argue but knew Dave wouldn't leave it "Liam I was worried sick, I didn't know what to do" Liam looked up at him "please Liam don't do that again" "look Dave I needed time alone and I knew I wouldn't get it here, I needed to be away from the phone" "ok well maybe next time take the phone off the hook and don't answer the door" "but people will keep knocking" "then just tell them to go away" Liam was getting angry "fucking hell dave you never go away when I tell you too, you won't listen and you'll just use your key" "fine tell you what we'll make a code word so when you say that I'll leave but you have to promise not to use it all the time" "fine whatever how about I just say I'm reading" "fine sounds good anyway I'll go now, leave you to sort yourself out and we'll have to look into getting you some bedroom furniture" Dave left so Liam sat down after a while he got up he decided to take a look at the state of his bedroom he pushed open the door Dave had obviously tried to tidy up a bit he'd put the broken furniture in a pile, turned the mattress and made the bed. So it didn't look as bad as he remembered he went and got a beer, sat down and began to wish he was back at the cafe suddenly the phone rang "what?" "Sorry Liam forgot to remind you of the one off gig and interview tomorrow and the instore gig plus Q&A day after" "oh right thanx" "I'll pick you up at one" Dave hung up quickly Liam wondered if he was worried that he'd get pissed off if he tried to chat he was right he would have. Fucking hell he couldn't be arsed with interviews, the gig he could deal with, the stupid Q&A things were even worse people always asked stupid or pointless questions, random irrelevant crap and it all just seemed a waste of time. The instore shows were often acoustic which he hated, if they were normal the sound was usually shit and they were often expected to sit down. He decided maybe he should try to get some sleep so finished off his beer and headed to the bedroom, he threw a blanket over the broken furniture so he didn't have to think about it, threw his clothes in another pile, set the alarm and crawled into bed.
His alarm went off at 9am he reached over and hit snooze, just ten more minutes he thought, it went off the second time he turned it off and slowly sat up, looking around he remembered the trashed room ugh he had to go furniture shopping soon. He got up took his pills, had coffee and toast. He had decided today he was going to be spot on, today was gonna be great. Back in the bedroom he looked through the clothes Dave had folded up, he pulled out some black jeans and a blue check shirt, made sure he had clean socks and underpants, grabbed a towel and went in the shower. As he reached for the shampoo he noticed the scars on his arms, both of his arms were a complete mess, he'd just have to keep his shirt sleeves down, his knuckles were pretty much healed back to normal but it was easy to brush any of that off by saying he had gotten into a fight, half the time that was true anyway. He went through to the kitchen to make more coffee his hair dripping water as he went he took the towel from round his waste quickly rubbed it through his hair then put it back round, he didn't fancy spilling a hot drink on his exposed bits. He put his clothes on, did his hair, got his watch and rings out, checked himself in the mirror, sat down and lit a cigarette and waited for Dave. Dave was stuck in traffic, he'd set off early to make sure he was on time but still traffic was making him late, he hated London walking was quicker than driving but sadly he had no choice, if Liam walked anywhere the press would follow and end up getting pissed off. Eventually he began to move and once he got out of the main bit of the city and into the housing estates it was plain sailing. He hoped Liam was in a good mood and the break, well disappearance did him good. He pulled up outside and beeped his horn, hopefully he wouldn't have to knock on the door. Liam heard Dave's horn and got up, all he needed was to get his coat, he headed out the door smiling and confident, got into the car "hey Dave how ya doing?" "Oh I'm cool just annoyed with London traffic as usual" he laughed the drive was nice they chatted about football, films and music. They pulled up at what looked like a office building though it didn't have any signs on it. Dave pulled into the car park just as bonehead was getting out of his car, Liam hoped out before Dave had turned the engine off "hey hey you doing ok?" "Aye doing great you?" "Top" they walked in together laughing once they got inside Liam worked out they must be in the select magazine offices the walls were lined with what they considered their best covers, only half of them were actually impressive. They were taken up to a forth floor office and offered coffee both said yes and sat down, through a window Liam could see Noel in the office next door, the interviews would be done separately and printed together in the magazine, select knew how wrong it could go interviewing the brothers together. Noel was obviously being interviewed first, he was deep in conversation Liam wished he could hear what was being said but also glad he couldn't so nothing would give him reason to go in and argue with him. The interview went off fine and they had a good laugh, bonehead and Liam nipped to the bar in the hotel next door before heading to the venue. Noel seemed in a good mood he didn't have a go at Liam and things seemed good, after the sound check they sat in the dressing room chilling the support band had started and they crowd seemed into them. Liam got some beers out and passed them round, Noel went in his pocket and got out some coke, Liam was shocked it was very rare Noel got his out but he wasn't gonna argue. Before long the support band finished and things were set up for oasis, the band went on and began to play Columbia after a bit Liam walked on to massive screams, he felt like the king of the world, after that it was straight into rock and roll star during the guitar solo Liam looked over at Noel, he looked back and it was a perfect moment between brothers, Liam felt like he was home, that this was where he was meant to be, on stage with the band, with Noel. He forgot the cafe, the need to run away, he wanted to be here, he was home. The rest of the set was great, no incident's just fun. After the set they went to the dressing room, had a few more beers and few more lines before heading out to meet some fans after signing some autographs and taking some photos they headed to the hotel bar next door, after the bar closed they all headed home or to hotels. Dave dropped Liam off and told him to get some sleep and he'd pick him up at 11am tomorrow. Liam couldn't sleep he was too happy, he looked round and kept thinking I'm home, I can stay here, I've got a good life. All the bad thoughts had gone, all the thoughts of wanting to be alone, of hurting himself had just disappeared. He was home.