Take Me Away

Liam sat there. Kelly had walked out, Dave had probably left with her so now all he was doing was waiting for the men in white coats to come and take him away, though he was going to do everything he could to fight it. He lay down and must have dozed off as the next thing he knew Lisa was telling him it was time to go.
"Liam Dr Barns will be here in a few minutes to sort you out. I'm gonna miss you"
"Nah you'll be glad to be rid of me"
He laughed
"No I will, you've been a interesting person to get to know, anyway I've got to get your paperwork so just chill for a bit"
She left him alone again. He knew he had to formulate a plan, a way to get out of this. He could try to argue but that was unlikely to work so he would probably have to resort to violence. He put his bag on the bed and sat beside it.
Lisa was sorting things out at the nurses station when Dr Barns walked up.
"Hi Lisa. Is Liam ready?"
"As ready as he'll ever be, he still doesn't want to go. He's probably gonna be on edge too he had an argument with Kelly and she walked out."
"I knew he was never going to accept going, I knew it was going to be hard. We can deal with the Kelly thing when we're at the unit."
Lisa had only just noticed how many orderlies Dr Barns had with him, he had six normally he only had four.
"What's with the extra orderlies?"
"Liam can be unpredictable, he's known to get violent, especially when someone is trying to make him do something he doesn't want to do. I brought the extra to cover things, make sure everyone is safe, including Liam"
They began to head towards Liam's room, Lisa knew how hard this was going to be. Liam was outnumbered he was going to hate that. Lisa felt so sorry for him, he was alone and cornered.
When they walked in Liam was sitting on the bed, he looked quite calm. Dr Barns approached him.
"Hello Liam. How are you feeling today?"
"Pretty fucking shit"
"Well we're here to take you to the unit, maybe we can help with that when we get there"
For the first time Liam looked up, Dr Barns looked at his eyes, in them he saw anger and defiance he realised this wasn't going to go easy.
"Right come on then, Danny here will get your bag. The transport is downstairs"
Liam didn't move. He looked around, sizing up the orderlies, which one's would be easy to fight, which might cause a problem and which one may come at him first.
"Come on Liam, stand up. Please I want this to go as calmly as possible. You know you have no choice in this."
"I'm not fucking going. My bag is packed so I can go home, rejoin my band and get ready for tour"
"And you can do all that after your treatment. We won't keep you long if you cooperate. It would probably only be two weeks"
Liam stood up, picked up his bag and began to walk to the door.
"Where are you going?"
"I'm going to phone a taxi to take me home"
As he got to the door one of the orderlies stepped in front of him to stop him leaving
"What the fuck you doing"
He continued standing there but didn't acknowledge Liam's comment.
Dr Barns put his hand on Liam's shoulder
"These guys can take you by force if necessary. They won't let you leave unless it's with me"
Liam dropped his bag back on the bed.
"I'm not going, go on try and make me. I'll take every fucking one of you"
The orderlies did there best but every time Liam went down he got straight back up. He just attacked anyone who went near him.
Dr Barns took Lisa to one side
"I think we need to use the sedative, restraints would be impossible he'd hurt himself or someone else. So I think the sedative is the best way to go, he hasn't taken any drugs or had any alcohol so no risk of interaction with them"
"Ok I'll get it sorted, be about ten minutes"
Lisa agreed completely, Liam was getting too violent and transporting him conscious could give him ideas as how to escape. She got everything sorted and headed back to Liam's room. She passed the syringe over to Dr Barns
"Ok guys back off, let Liam sit down, give him a chance to calm down"
When Liam had sat down Dr Barns sat beside him. He had to think of a way to administer the injection without causing any issues.
"Liam you've hurt your hands let me have a look"
"I'm fine, I'm used to it."
Liam laughed he couldn't do anything else.
Dr Barns noticed he had let his guard down and since Liam was only wearing a tshirt as long as he did it fast he should be able to inject him. He grabbed Liam's arm and within seconds he'd done it. Obviously the shock caused Liam to knock him off the bed then stand up and try to walk to the door, he didn't get far before he was knocked out. Everyone could relax now.
It didn't take long for them to get to the unit, Liam was still out cold so the just put him in the bed in his room and left him to come round.
Dr Barns approached the nurse attached to Liam, he'd decided that it was best to have a male nurse deal with Liam as he liked to flirt with the girls, he tried using his charm and good looks to get away with things, his reputation with girls were well known and pretty girls distracted him.
"Dean, Liam is in room four he's still out cold so can you keep an eye on him and when the sedative wears off give me a call. Here's his file so you can read up on his issues"
"Thanks. I'll give you a call as soon as he comes round."
Dean knew the best thing to do was actually him to help Liam pull himself together then to ring Dr Barns. It would be easier for Liam that way. After about half an hour Dean checked in.
Liam woke up and sat himself up once his eyes focused he looked around. He was in a different room, obviously they'd moved him when he was out cold. The room was pretty bare just a bed, a wardrobe with drawers and a bedside table. His bag was on the floor next to the bed he picked it up and began to go through it, he hoped it hadn't been searched thankfully it hadn't, the radio was still there as was his coke, he even found more coke that Dave must have slipped in. The remaining pills were also still in their hiding places. He wanted some lines but there wasn't a bathroom and the window on the door was clear glass it would be hard to find a place to hide. After thinking and looking around he realised the wardrobe was on the same wall as the door so if he opened its doors and used the flat bit separating it from the drawers he should be fine so he tried it, then quickly sat back on the bed.
The door opened and a guy walked in, he looked around the same age as Noel.
"Hi Liam, I'm Dean I'll be your nurse and your main point of call. I'll be here every day and am just here for you. I haven't called Dr Barns yet I wanted to give you a chance to pull yourself together. It can be pretty strange at first you know trying to get used to being here"
"Hi, I don't really want to pull myself together I just wanna get out of here"
"Most people do. But it's fine as long as you don't fight it and I see they only want you in for two weeks which is good since you've got a tour booked so my advice just cooperate with things and you'll be out in no time"
Liam knew he was right, he didn't want to admit it but it was sinking in that he had no choice and he was stuck here.
"Ok give me five to come round then call him"
Dean nodded and left Liam to it. Liam just sat there not quite sure what to do. It wasn't long before Dr Barns walked in.
"Hello Liam. How are you feeling? I hope the sedative hasn't given you too much of headache, we only gave you a small dose, just enough to get you here."
"I'm pissed off, yes I have a fucking headache and I want to go home but yes I know you're not gonna let me. So you might as well just tell me what I've gotta do and we can get it over and done with"
"Try to have a positive attitude Liam. There will be individual therapy, maybe group therapy, and medication"
"I'm not doing group therapy, no fucking way"
"Talking to people with similar problems, listening to other peoples stories etc can be really helpful but let's not worry about that right now. We're starting with individual therapy. But tonight I want you to get a good nights sleep and we'll start tomorrow"
Liam really hated this idea and didn't want to have a good nights sleep but he decided not to argue. When Dr Barns left Liam sat down and stared at the wall for a bit before Dean came in
"I've got your medication, there's a sleeping tablet so you should get a decent nights sleep"
"Thanks. Guess I don't have much choice right now. Any chance I could listen to the city game tomorrow?"
"Sorry Liam we don't have radios, tvs or anything. We don't even let the newspapers in but tell you what I will find out the score for you"
"Fucking stupid really I'm guessing that staring at walls is the pastime then. It be great if you could let me know"
Dean smiled, gave Liam his pills and some water and left. Liam took out the pills he had left and swallowed them at the same time as the others, not caring if they'd interact or anything. Not really caring if he woke up or not.
"Liam it's Dean, time to wake up."
Liam slowly opened his eyes to see Dean putting a coffee beside him.
"Right, ok. Can I have a smoke?"
"We've got a little outside place you can smoke I'll take you there when your ready and have had your medication"
Dean left Liam to get sorted. He drank his coffee, put some tracksuit bottoms and a tshirt on and got some coke out of its hiding place. He'd cut it close he'd only just hid it away again when Dean came in with his tablets.
"Come on then if you want a smoke"
They walked down a corridor with about 6 numbered rooms, Liam guessed they were patients rooms at the end was a barred and locked door which Dean opened, the stepped into a small garden area which looked nice if you didn't look at the high walls, wire roof and how the seats were bolted to the floor. There were two other people there another nurse and patient, both male Liam wondered if the place kept men and women separate.
"Hey Dean. This your new one? I'm sure I've seen him before is he a returning?"
Liam lit his cigarette and tried to hide his face.
"Morning Sean. Aye. Liam this is Sean, Sean this is Liam."
Sean smiled at Liam and said hi, Liam returned it. Dean had a quick chat with Sean's patient introducing him to Liam.
"No I definitely recognise you from somewhere just can't place it."
"Top of the pops, Glastonbury, the press"
Liam muttered under his breath
"What you say"
"Oh nothing"
Then Sean's patient spoke
"Oasis, he's the singer in oasis. I see him everyday on my sisters door"
No one really spoke after that no one really knew what to say. So they just stuck to goodbye when they went back in. It wasn't long before Dr Barns came to get Liam for his first therapy session.
Dave had dropped Kelly back at hers, they hadn't spoken in the car so he'd just left her but it was the day after now so he thought he'd go see her.
"Hi Kelly just thought I'd check how you are"
She let him in and they sat down
"I'm not good to be honest, he's a complete nightmare, he can't seem to decide on who he is, sometimes he's the sweetest, kindest guy around then he's nasty, only cares about himself etc I just don't understand. He's been nice about stuff, now he's angry. I'm beginning to wonder if he ever cared about me at all, if it was just an act."
"Kelly listen he does care, believe me. He's just not used to it, it's like normality crashing into the whole fame situation. His life isn't normal but having a girlfriend you love is so he's been trying to navigate that but then the baby happening has just thrown him he has no idea how to deal with that and he's scared"
"That doesn't mean he can shout at me, be horrible and treat me like shit people forget it's hard for me too, I've gotta get used to his situation, I've gotta learn to date someone who's famous and I was still finding my feet with that."
Dave sighed he knew this was what her and Liam needed to talk about but Liam wasn't good at talking or listening.
"You need to talk to him when he gets out of hospital there's about three days between him getting out and the tour so we'll sort it then"
"Well I've made a decision I'm keeping the baby and it's up to him on his involvement.
Dave could see it in her face, she had decided and nothing would change her decision so now Dave had to deal with whatever Liam decided, including sorting money and payments.
Dr Barns took Liam into a plain room that just had two chairs and a table, but luckily there was an ashtray.
"Sit down Liam, feel free to smoke."
Liam sat down and lit a cigarette he didn't say anything just waited for what was to come.
"So Liam I've looked at notes from other people you've seen and I've took my own notes on what I think are your main problems are. Like your relationship with your brother, your issues with fame, your issues with Kelly, your drug and alcohol problems, your up and down moods, and your self harm and suicide attempts. Does that sound right?"
"Sounds ok I guess"
"Liam I told you you need to cooperate"
"I am I just don't know what to stay"
"I was just wanted to see if you would mention the thing I left out"
"I don't think you left anything out"
"That says a lot about how you think of the issue. I'm referring to your dad"
"Waste of fucking space he is don't want fuck all to do with him"
"That's now but I'm talking about your past, I will be honest I've read interviews with you and your brother so I've read a bit about what happened to you, Noel, and your mum"
"Well you know all you need to know then"
Dr Barns began to write things down he realised getting Liam to talk about that would be difficult
"Ok what about your relationship with your brother?"
"We're brothers we fight it's just the press blowing it all out of proportion"
Dr Barns knew he had to get Liam to talk especially if he wanted to be out in time for the tour, he had to find a way to connect, get Liam to trust him
"You don't trust many people do you"
"I trust those who deserve it. I trust my brothers, my mam and my close friends. Everyone else just wants something, money, a story to sell to the press etc you've gotta be careful in my world"
"You should try to trust people, don't you trust Dave? Kelly?"
"I do trust Dave and in a way I trust Kelly"
"Maybe we could talk about Kelly and that situation"
"I find that whole situation confusing I don't know what to think"
"Why?"
"I'm not a good enough person to be involved with it all, I know nothing about being a father or being in a relationship"
"You can learn those things"
Liam didn't want to continue the conversation, he was getting pissed off. Why should he tell this guy all his shit, what difference would it make, what did he know.
"It's just not me. I'm not that type of person."
"Why don't you speak to your brother?"
"God no. Noel would kill me"
"He's your brother surely he'd support you"
"Nah he'd just call me an idiot"
"How can you know that for sure? I'm sure with something like this he'd help you"
"Because it's Noel"
"Maybe give him a chance. You can't run away from this"
"You wanna know the fucking truth. I drink too much, I like taking drugs, situations happen so I get into fights or trash a hotel room. I enjoy the rock and roll lifestyle, I like the attention. I get plenty of birds and it's fun. So tell me would you like me around your daughter? Would you trust me with a baby? Do you think I'd be any good in a relationship?"
Liam was getting angry, if this guy had read interviews etc shouldn't he know this, he should have an idea what Liam was like.
"Obviously Kelly saw something in you, she wasn't a groupie, she wasn't a one night stand, she wasn't with you because your famous it was something else. So you should acknowledge that"
Liam knew he was right, their relationship wasn't based on who he was, it wasn't about money in some ways that's what scared him the fact she liked him as a normal person.
"I guess"
After the session Liam was taken back to his room and the door locked behind him. He sneaked some coke, lay down under the quilt, got the radio and headphones out. He pulled the quilt up to hide under, put the headphones in and tuned into the match.
Midway through the second half his door opened.  He quickly turned the radio off hoping whoever it was wouldn't be around long or he'd miss the end of the match and city were winning too.
"Hi Liam, just came to see how you are, you've been quiet but I see now it's cos you were sleeping. Which is good I know you had a few days when you didn't"
Dean seemed pretty cheerful god only knows why this place is so depressing, though he does get paid to be here and can go home so it wasn't the same for him.
"Aye I was just so tired, needed a nap. It's catching up with me but that's what ya get for being high and drunk for days"
Liam laughed and smiled. He wished Dean would fuck off though he wanted to hear the end of the match. He knew Dean was only looking after him but it was shit timing.
"Ok, just press the bell button on the wall if you need me and I'll check on you again in a little bit"
"Why do you need to keep checking on me? I'm fine and I know the bell is there"
"You're classed as a suicide risk therefore I have to check on you regularly"
"Oh right ok"
Dean left, Liam quickly got the radio on so he could catch the end of the match sadly Newcastle had scored so the game was currently a draw with only ten minutes to go, it finished Man City one, Newcastle three.
Liam began to think about things he couldn't understand why he was classed as a suicide risk I mean who's stupid enough to try to kill yourself in a hospital, you just wait and do it when you're let out and are at home plus he had a tour coming up so he was hardly gonna miss that. Why was Dr Barns interested in his relationship with Noel, they were brothers, brothers fight, the big brother always puts the little brother down, it's normal it's just the press love blowing it out of proportion, making it seem worse than it is plus Liam knew how Noel would react to things, knew what he would say, he knew what he could talk to Noel about and what he would think about the bullshit, he'd just say Liam was stupid
His relationship with his dad was stupid, he didn't have a relationship with him he hadn't seen or heard from him since mam left him taking all three of them with her and he didn't want to see him. So pointless conversation. All the other shit well that was too all over the place and if Liam didn't understand it how could he talk about it. Liam looked at the clock it was later than he thought. He heard a key in the lock so looked up. Dean walked in.
"Hi Liam, how are you? Did you get much sleep? I've got your tablets it's lights out soon I know it's probably a lot earlier than your used to"
Dean laughed
"Oh and I checked the score for you Newcastle won three one but they say Man City played well"
"Bloody hell typical us we run rings around a team but just can't score"
"That's football. I'm a spurs fan we're playing tomorrow against Leeds should be interesting"
Liam laughed
"Hey guess what our next match is against you"
"Ah I apologise in advance for us winning haha"
"Nah we'll kick your ass"
This was the nicest, normal conversation he'd had in ages. Dean seemed like a nice guy though Liam wasn't sure if he was going to report back to Dr Barns on what Liam had said. He decided to ask
"Are you gonna report back to Dr Barns on what I say to you?"
"No I won't I believe patients here deserve someone to talk who won't report back, someone to have a normal, relaxed conversation with, they should be able to talk to someone without pressure and to have conversations about everyday things."
"I hope you are telling the truth and I think you are then I'm pleased to have that"
"And I hope you don't mind me saying that I love oasis's music so if I'm honest I was a bit nervous when I was first told I'd be looking after you haha but please don't worry I'm not gonna sell a story to the press, I'm not gonna tell anyone you're here, only the people within these walls will know. Everyone in here staff and patients have to sign a non disclosure agreement. I've gotta do your paperwork tomorrow so you'll have to sign one too"
"Oh interesting guess you must have had a few well known and famous people"
"We have had a few but we also treat rich families, you know the ones who don't want their social standing and things"
They both laughed. Liam actually felt quite relaxed around Dean which was good.
"Anyway it's tablets and bed now so we'll talk again tomorrow. Maybe you can tell me some fun oasis stories"
"Maybe I will haha"
Dean said his good nights and left Liam too it.
He started to get sorted for bed and had a look through his stash of pills to see if he could work out what he had but sadly could only identify a couple and they were uppers so not what he wanted, so just took the ones Dean had given him, lay down on his bed and stared at the ceiling for a bit. He knew tomorrow Dr Barns was going to want to talk in detail about his problems, he wasn't looking forward to that. He turned on his side, he better get some sleep.