Pass Me Down The Wine

After another few hours of shopping Liam ordered a taxi back to the hotel. They took the bags up to the room, Liam went straight over and set up some lines.
"Help yourself"
Kyle was getting his new clothes out and admiring them.
"Thanx so much for these Liam"
Liam laughed
"No problem I can afford it"
After having a few lines Liam went to the phone and began to call around to find a decent party. Kyle decided to have a line, he was gonna go easy for now he didn't want to end up missing the party cos he was already gone.
Liam jumped up
"Big party at the top of the hotel round the corner, we can start at one of the more normal clubs first I prefer to be pissed before hanging around with famous people some of them do my nut in"
The phone on the ward rang Lisa answered. The police informed her there was still no sign of Liam. They had checked his house, his usual haunts and other hospitals. Dave had discreetly spoke to Noel and Peggy and checked in on Kelly. The next step was probably a missing person or be on the lookout notice sent to all police stations but that would alert people to Liam's situation. The female officer on the phone suggested they could try something, they could check every celebrity party, big party, and any place that is known to be discreet when celebrities were there. That seemed like the best option.
Liam ordered drinks up to the room, might as well get started while they were getting ready. The room quite quickly became strewn with empty bottles, cigarette ends, drugs, and clothes.
Liam jumped in the shower while Kyle decided what to wear, he wasn't used to having such a lot to choose from.
Liam stood in the shower water running down, he looked down at his arms, this wave of depression just washed over him, he was begging the water to wash it away. He had to pull himself together he couldn't let it spoil his plans not that they were particularly big plans just to have fun, get drunk, get high and shag a load of birds but still he needed to get himself together. He got a towel wrapped it round his waist and another one to dry his hair. Kyle was sitting on the bed he looked up when Liam came in, Kyle wished he was as good looking as Liam, he knew he never stood a chance standing next to him.
"Hey hey you decided what to wear yet? That Fred Perry shirt's nice, put it with some dark jeans and it'll look great. I'm thinking dark blue jeans and my Armani shirt put my leather jacket on and I'm cool as fuck"
Liam went over to the dresser got a cigarette and sat in the chair, he noticed Kyle looked sad.
"Mate what's up? Come on now we're gonna have some fun. Don't let the fuckers get you down"
"I'm just a bit nervous you know. It's your world not mine I'm scared people won't accept me and you know my anxiety has kicked in. I'm worried I'll spoil it for you"
"Kyle listen you're my friend, I don't give a shit what other people think and if they say anything I'll just tell them to fuck off. You won't spoil it for me I want you there"
Liam grabbed his jeans and pulled them on, put a belt on and set up some more lines. Kyle started to sort out his clothes, he still felt nervous but he did feel better knowing Liam wanted him there.
They got ready, Liam stuck the rest of the coke in his pocket, checked his hair, put his jacket on and got his wallet
"Not that I'll need it much" he laughed
Kyle got his jacket and they jumped in a taxi, here we go he thought.
The taxi pulled up outside a upmarket looking pub, Liam got out and headed down a street down the side of the building he stopped by some doors leading to the basement of the building next door. He turned to go through the doors the bouncer blocked his way.
"Liam Gallagher, he's with me"
He said pointing at Kyle. The bouncer nodded and stepped to one side. He turned to Kyle as they walked down the stairs
"Good place this, not many people know it's here. It's a bit exclusive, they gotta know ya name and shit"
There was a hostess at the bottom of the stairs showed them to a table and a waitress brought over a bottle of champagne. The place was dark but still had decent lighting, there was quite a few tables occupied and plenty of girls wondering round, most of them wearing the same thing hot pants, strappy top and high heels. Liam noticed him looking.
"They are called hostesses but really it's more girls to keep you company, not prostitutes or anything though some do give a bit extra on the side but mainly they talk to you, bring your drinks, sit with you if you know what I mean, each table gets one or maybe two depending on how important you are. I've got a couple of favourites, Angel and Brandi. One of them should be over soon"
Not long after a blonde girl and a brunette girl came over with two more bottles of champagne
"Hey Liam, how are you? Been a while. We've missed you. Who's your friend? He's cute"
"I'm great, just been busy with the band you know. This is Kyle, it's his first time. Kyle this pretty blonde thing is Angel, and the sexy brunette is Brandi"
Angel sat next to Liam and Brandi sat next to Kyle.
"Hi Kyle don't worry we'll be gentle with you"
Both girls giggled.
Slowly Kyle began to get used to being there, the girls hanging around, loads of people coming over to Liam, the drinks kept coming and trips to toilets to take drugs were regular. Eventually they fell out of the door drunk as hell and high as kites and headed to the party at the hotel.
Dave was going crazy he'd tried everywhere he could think of but still no sign of Liam. He knew Liam had places he'd go that no one knew about, to have time to himself unfortunately that meant he had places to hide. Dave hoped he'd find him drunk, high and winding people up, find him in a good mood but he was scared he'd find him in a mess or his worst fear he'd find him dead, how would Noel react, what would they say to Peggy. Why did Liam run? Why couldn't he just cooperate for once. In some ways Dave was getting sick of the whole thing, why should he stress himself out so much, it affected his family life, took him away from his wife, he spent every day, morning and night trying to keep an eye on Liam, looking after him, dealing with his shit. He never had time to just have a nice night out with his wife, go on holiday or anything because he was always on call for Liam and Liam always managed to get into trouble. But at the end of the day Liam was his friend, he was a good person and the only person he tended to hurt was himself. Though the situation with Kelly was a bit more complicated than his usual stuff and that situation was hurting someone else. He was sitting in his living room in the dark, head in hands when he heard the door open
"Hey sweetheart any sign of him yet?"
"Oh sweetheart did I wake you? Sorry. No not yet I'm at a loss. To be honest I don't think there's much more I can do except wait for the phone to ring"
"I was awake anyway. He'll turn up. He's one of the most recognisable people in the country no way he can hide for long"
She sat down and put her arm around him.
Liam and Kyle got to the hotel and fell into the lift laughing, they couldn't remember why they were laughing but they didn't care. The party was on the roof. There was a bar inside and out, plus tables with bottles of champagne. It appeared the party was full of music business types, bands, journalists, movie stars and various hangers on. A waitress came over with drinks, Liam took two.
After mingling for a bit Liam headed to a seat, lit a cigarette and began chatting up some girl, after a while he got up and walked to the railing of the roof he looked down at the lights of the city, the cars and the noise from below suddenly seemed to fade, he couldn't hear the party going on around him anymore all he could hear was silence, he was with all these people but he'd never felt so lonely. Part of him wanted to run, to just run and get a train home to Manchester, part of him wanted to just go back to enjoying the party and part of him wanted to climb over the railing and jump. He felt nothing, he just felt empty. He dropped his beer bottle, he wondered how long it would take to hit the ground.
He jumped when he felt a tap on his shoulder
"Hey Liam you ok? You've been standing here for ages. People keep asking me where you are, what you're doing you know"
"Tell them to fuck off"
Liam snapped
Then he noticed Kyle's face
"Sorry for snapping I just can't be fucking arsed with these cunts."
He looked around at the crowd of people, the middle aged men in suits desperate for the little bit of street cred that hanging out with the rich and famous might give them, hoping it might help them get a shag off one of the girls who were young enough to be their daughter, the journalists who were hoping to get that exclusive which will make them loads of money and the rich and famous acting like best friends but deep down hating each other, constantly trying to outdo each other while pretending to care.
"I mean come on look at them, it's pathetic. Take him for example.."
Liam pointed to some guy in a suit, who was probably in his fifties with graying hair and a beer belly
"He does paperwork at Sony he's just hanging around to see if he can pick up one of the cast offs for a quick shag in the toilet before he heads off home to his wife. The stars all hate each other, half of them are has beens trying to revive their careers by hanging out with the popular crowd. Fucking pathetic the lot of them. Don't know why the fuck I'm here except for the free drugs and alcohol oh and the birds, cos their all so desperate to shag a rock star they'll drop their knickers before you've even said hello"
Kyle started to laugh, Liam joined him.
Suddenly some guy in a suit opened his mouth
"Well why don't you fuck off then if that's what you think. You're an idiot anyway from a scruffy northern band who are pretty much football hooligans who pretend to be musicians by ripping off other people's music"
Kyle looked at Liam to see what too do next, Liam's entire attitude seemed to have changed all Kyle could see was pure anger in his eyes. Kyle realised he was about to see Liam really kick off.
"Who the fuck you think you are do you actually realise who you're talking to? Make you fell big does it? Thinking you could take me on. You wouldn't have the guts"
Liam sarcastically laughed and turned his back, he heard the guy step forward so turned around and swung at him, knocking the guy on his ass
"Fucking coward waiting till my back was turned, I know I fight dirty but I'd never stoop that low"
The guy stood up and went for Liam again, Liam punched him again he fell back into a table smashing it. Next thing Kyle knew a full on fight had exploded. Journalists crowded round taking pictures trying not to get injured themselves. The waitresses had stopped what they were doing to watch, the blokes not involved in the fight were shouting encouragement, the girls waiting to see who would need to be 'looked after' when it all finished. It wasn't long before Kyle got pulled in, he was scared, he'd never been in a fight like this before so he was actually quite happy when security arrived. Though he quickly realised security wasn't there to help they enjoyed getting involved but did eventually pull everyone apart, grabbing Liam by the scruff of the neck they threw him into the lift telling him he was barred, and informed Kyle he was barred too. Liam was killing himself laughing
"Well that was fun, gets the blood flowing a good fight"
"I've never been in a fight like that before. I was a bit scared and security didn't really help"
"They never do"
They started walking down the street, Liam singing holding the bottle of jack he'd nicked from the party, Kyle joined in with the singing taking drinks out of the bottle when Liam passed it too him, they both laughed and smiled.
"Hey let's find another pub. Can't end this night yet"
Liam began to head down another alleyway Kyle noticed the entrance to a pub near the end and guessed they were heading there.
"This place is quite cool, just normal really. You get a few famous faces but it's always low key"
They headed to the door the bouncer smiled
"Hi Liam. This a friend of yours?"
"Hey guys, aye this is Kyle. We've been kicked out of a party so thought we'd head here, it's better anyway"
"Aye true, best place in London this. Enjoy yourself and nice to meet you Kyle"
They headed in took a table at the back and drinks were brought over. After a few hours Liam decided it might be a good idea to head back to the hotel but decided it may be more fun to walk. He danced along the pavements, kicked bus shelters, ran in front of cars and made comments to random people in the street, Kyle kept thinking he was either gonna get himself killed, get into a fight or be arrested. Liam wasn't sure why he'd decided it was fun to run in front of cars but he did enjoy the rush of waiting to see if the car stopped he hadn't thought about what would happen if it didn't but it was London traffic never moved that fast anyway. He stopped at one of those twenty four hour shops to buy more cigarettes and alcohol for back at the hotel. They'd only got five minutes away from the shop when a bunch of lads started shouting
"There's that cock Liam Gallagher, thinks he's a hard man bet I could knock him on his ass"
"Liam you fucking arsehole fancy a go do ya"
"Probably a fucking pussy without his security"
"Bet you wouldn't dare try when ya on ya own"
"Your friend doesn't look like he'd be much help looks a bit of a sissy to be honest"
Liam put his bag down a stared them down
"Bet you wouldn't be mouthing off if ya mates weren't with you. I'll take you on any fucking day mate"
Liam stepped forward. Kyle had no idea what to do but still took a step forward to back Liam up even though he was terrified.
"Come on then one on one I'll break your fucking legs you southern bastard"
The guy took his coat off and handed it to his mate, Liam passed his to Kyle. It seemed like ages to Kyle but it was probably only seconds and they were fighting both got a few good punches in, then Liam got a perfect swing in and knocked the guy on his ass, put his foot on his chest
"Stay down you cunt, you get up and I'll knock you straight back on your ass"
Liam turned to walk away and one of the guys came up behind him and threw a glass bottle at his head, Liam swung straight back around and punched the nearest one to him. Kyle could see things were gonna escalate quickly, then he heard some shouting from behind, a group of lads walking towards them.
"Liam you ok? These guys giving you shit?"
"Fucking come on we'll have them"
"Got ya back Liam"
The welcome sound of the Mancunian accent. Suddenly Liam was no longer outnumbered. A guy stood next to Kyle
"You Liam's mate?"
"Aye. You know him?"
"Couple of the lads do, city are playing tomorrow and that pub" he pointed to a pub just a few feet down "is where all the Manchester lot hang out, he usually pops in, we heard his name and saw what was going on so thought we'd come and back him up."
By this point both groups were sizing each other up.
"Aye once it's equal numbers ya not so keen are you, well come on then, you lot really think you can win this then have a fucking try, we'll even give you a free swing since you southerners are such soft shits."
"Aye they that soft they have to wait till ya backs turned before they have the guts"
The Manchester lot started laughing, this just annoyed the others more. Eventually the lads went for Liam and his new pose and the fight got going. By now there was a crowd watching, cheering them on and girls getting excited and whispering to each other. In the end the London lot either ran off or were laid out on the floor. Liam turned around
"Well guess I'm buying you all a drink. Off to the pub it is"
They headed into the pub, Liam walked over to the bar
"Drinks for all my friends here and a first aid kit if you've got one, we got into a bit of a scuffle"
The barman laughed, started pouring drinks and sent a barmaid for the first aid kit.
"Kyle did you pick up the bag with the cigarettes and alcohol in?"
"Yep, it's here. Knew you wouldn't want to lose that. I'm sorry I stayed out of the fight"
"Don't worry about it you did exactly what I needed you to do, my jacket is a bloody expensive designer thing last thing I wanted was that getting damaged and I don't mean that in a patronising way I'm deadly serious, I bloody love that jacket"
Kyle smiled and joined in the joking and laughing about the fight. The talk turned to football and the game the next day, the barman taking bets on the result. They'd been there just over an hour when Liam disappeared to the toilets with a pretty little blonde, Kyle was starting to get used to that, Liam always had girls around him and at least two or three of them were always interested in shagging him so Kyle couldn't blame him. He looked up and noticed five or six police at the bar and some people who were with them were pointing at various people in the pub, Kyle recognised some of them as people who had been watching the fight. The police began walking around the pub talking to people, asking people to stand up, they started cuffing people. Kyle got worried, he looked around for Liam, who came back a few minutes later
"What the police doing here?"
"Not sure, they've arrested a couple of people"
As he said that four of them came over to their table.
"Mr Gallagher and I take it this is your friend"
"Yes and yes this is Kyle. How can we help you officer?"
Liam was trying to be all sweet and innocent but his smile was wicked.
"Could you both stand up please?"
"Why?"
"We are arresting you for drunk and disorderly, fighting and breach of the peace"
Liam stood up
"What the fuck this is London there's probably hundreds of fights every night"
"Turn around please"
Both Kyle and Liam were cuffed and taken out to a police van, it seemed because there was so many people getting arrested that the fact Liam was among them had gone under the radar. The police van was crawling through the streets a mixture of traffic, people, one way systems and road works it gave the lads in the back a chance to talk
"Think someone grassed us up"
"Probably the idiots who lost the fight"
"Sore losers"
Eventually they pulled up at the police station and were lined up at the desk to give names, addresses, fingerprints and be sorted into cells. Liam and Kyle were at the back of the line. When Liam got to the desk, the guy behind it looked bored as hell.
"Name?"
"Do you really need to ask that?"
"Don't be smart with me. Now name?"
"Liam, Liam Gallagher"
"Address?"
Liam reeled off his address, suddenly the computer started to beep, the guy looked at the screen then at Liam.
"Why's that beeping? You made a spelling mistake"
Laughed Liam
"Again don't be smart with me son. No it actually appears you are a missing person on a to be returned to hospital notice. Since you have been arrested we can return you if you want to go or not. Officer take Mr Gallagher to one side please"
Kyle looked over at Liam confused.
"Liam what's going on?"
"Don't worry about it, nothing serious. I'll get a lawyer sent down for you, don't say anything till they get here, you weren't involved in the fight so you'll be fine"
"Kyle looked at Liam but was ushered away after he'd been processed at the desk, he kept asking the guy who took him to his cell if Liam was ok, what they had said to him meant, he explained he was staying with Liam at a hotel and had nowhere else to go eventually they took him back up and let him into a room where Liam was sitting with an officer, Liam was still handcuffed and was no longer smiling.
"Hi Liam you ok?"
"I'm fine it's just something silly don't worry about it, you'll be needing the hotel room key I'm guessing, it's in my coat pocket. The rooms on my credit card so stay as long as you need, just chuck my stuff in a bag, get the hotel to look after it and I'll pick it up soon."
Kyle got the key out of Liam's coat pocket, the police officer told him to leave it on the table so it could be vouched with the rest of his things.
"But will you not be coming back to the hotel? What are they on about a hospital for? Liam talk to me"
"It's nowt I just left the hospital before they thought I was ready and I didn't sign the paperwork saying I'd discharged myself they just wanna cover there ass. My management company might stick me on a short leash for a while that's all"
"Ok well I better go they said I could only have five minutes. Give me a call when you get everything sorted"
"Ok I will do. I'll send that lawyer and remember what I said, not a word till he gets here."
Kyle left the room and was taken back down to his cell the officer looked at him
"You know your friend was lying right"
"Of course I do I just wish I knew what the truth was"
"Not much I can tell without getting into trouble but it looks like he was under a commitment order and he did a runner"
"Sounds like Liam that, doing a runner"
Kyle giggled, trying to hide his worry.
Liam sat in the room, hands cuffed behind his back he felt like a real criminal, it felt so different from his other arrests. The officer in the room was totally ignoring him, Liam had tried to talk to him but he had just stared at the wall not even giving a sign that he'd heard Liam speak. What did the guy think he was gonna do, he couldn't really kick off since he was handcuffed. The drugs were still running around his system, making him feel mischievous. He was still drunk and the happy drunk was starting to give way to the angry drunk. He wanted to know what was happening, wanted someone to talk to him.
"Is someone gonna tell me what the fuck is going on? Anyone actually give a shit I'm sitting here? Hello? Fucking hell you bastards"
Even though he was shouting the officer still didn't flinch.
About ten minutes later two people came in and introduced themselves both were detectives.
"Mr Gallagher it appears you have been reported as absconding whilst under a commitment order. Which means we have to return you to the hospital. Since you have already been arrested you will be left under arrest and extra charges will be added to your initial charges. You will be left in handcuffs and when transport is available we will take you back to the hospital. How they deal with you is up to them"
"Fine, can I use the toilet?"
The detectives looked at him, thinking about it. Liam couldn't help but think how stupid they were, what did they think he was gonna do.
"For fuck sake, I've been drinking pretty much all day I need a fucking piss. What the hell you think I'm gonna do? Climb out a window?"
"There are no windows. You're classed as a danger to yourself and others we are required to keep you under constant watch"
"For gods sake all I want is a piss, I'm not gonna do anything else I promise"
He was kinda lying as they hadn't searched him properly and he still had some coke but it's not like he planned to slit his wrists.
"Fine but you're handcuffs will only be removed when you get into the toilet and an officer will be with you at all times"
"I'm going in the stall then I'm not having him watch me piss, how do I know he won't try and sneak a picture to sell to some magazine or something."
"That's not allowed you need to be in sight at all times"
"Well he can see my feet. If you want me to cooperate you let me do it my way"
Again they thought about it they turned to the officer in the room
"You took his belt, laces and things?"
"Yes sir I did"
They gave up and let him go. He walked in, the officer removed his handcuffs and stood to one side. Liam fished in his pocket, pulled out the coke and a cut bit of a straw. Put a line out on the top of the toilet, balanced himself and managed to quickly snort the line, piss and get stuff back in his pocket before the officer noticed how long he'd been. As soon as he walked out the handcuffs went back on. The detectives had gone and a female officer was in the room.
"I'll take it from here Greg they need you on a call"
After he left Liam decided to try to talk to her
"Bit grumpy that one, he always like that?"
"He's very professional and I'm not supposed to talk to you"
"Well that's shit, we could be sitting here for ages and it'll be boring as shit sitting in silence"
Liam gave a flirty smile and tried to sit in a bit more of a cool looking position, the handcuffs made it impossible.
"You know loadsa girls would give anything to be in a room with me handcuffed like this, have me at their mercy. I'm sure they'd find some pretty interesting stuff to do"
"Stop trying to flirt with me, it won't work. Now just sit there and be quiet till we get transport for you."
She turned and looked at the wall.
Half an hour later a guy came in
"We've got a van, time for you to go. We've given your stuff to the officers escorting you"
He was walked to a police van and bundled in with two officers. As the van pulled out he noticed a car was also going with them. It started to hit him. He was heading back to the place and people who were going to lock him up, he was heading back to the bits of his life he had wanted to get away from. His mood changed, he became depressed, scared, worried and angry. He felt everyone was just abandoning him, they were just sick of him, they were walking away, just lock him up we can't be arsed anymore.
He looked at the floor of the van
"I'm outta time"
He said to himself.