It's Finally Here

Liam woke up as soon as his alarm went off, he had been so organised for this tour. He'd packed his bags, put his passport, tickets, and cigarettes out on the table, it must be the excitement.
Today he was taking Katie up to Manchester, staying overnight then heading to the airport. They were doing a couple of dates in Europe, the ones they had to reschedule due to Liam having to leave the last tour, then it was a full uk tour.
He had Katie's bags ready to so he could just get straight in the car, he couldn't get the train with Katie because some photographers would probably find out he was on the train. He'd only been sitting there for a few minutes when Katie woke up and began to cry. Liam sorted her out, settled her down and made a coffee. After chilling out for a bit and getting ready he got Katie's car seat ready, ten minutes later there was a knock on the door, he jumped up to open it.
"Oh Maggie hi, come in I'm just waiting for Dave to come and drive me up to Manchester"
"That's why I'm here, Dave had a bit of an emergency with one of the kiddies last night, the hospital kept her in as a precaution so he's gonna be tied up till tonight. So I decided to fill in and drive you up. I haven't seen ya mum for a bit so it will be nice to see her. The car is all ready so we can leave whenever you want"
"Ah that's fine, hope the kiddy will be ok. Right I'll just put her in the car seat, grab the bags, check I've got everything and everything is turned off"
Maggie took the bags to the car, then Katie while Liam did what he needed to do. Liam checked his bedroom, got some coke and stuck it in his pocket, he seemed to have everything so headed out to the car. He sat in the back with Katie and hopefully if any press did see him he'd be able to shield her from view. They headed off, luckily the traffic wasn't too bad.
"Shit I forgot to phone mam to say we'd left, can we stop at a service station? Well actually we'll have to anyway for Katie"
"Aye don't worry I knew we'd have have to stop anyway possibly a few times, it's a long journey for her"
Soon they were on the motorway heading north, Liam could feel the air changing, he felt like he was heading home. He wanted Katie to feel like Manchester was home too. They turned into the services Maggie parked right out of the way, the plan was Maggie would deal with Katie and Liam would get drinks, food and make his phone call. They were making sure they weren't seen together.
Liam put some coins in and dialled
"Hey mam, forgot to call before we left but anyway we're on our way just at a service station"
"That's ok son. How's she dealing with the car so far?"
"Oh she's fine, we're just gonna stop off a couple of times to make sure"
"See you later son. Love you"
"See ya mam. Love ya too"
As Liam began to walk away from the phone a couple of people asked for autographs and one asked for a photo but they were fan's not journalists so that was fine and the fans left him to walk back to the car in peace.
"Hey sweetheart, hope you were good for auntie Maggie. Look what daddy got you"
Liam pulled a purple bunny out of the carrier bag
"Be careful Liam she might be a bit young for that bunny. She was good as usual definitely doesn't take after you in that respect"
"Fuck off I was well behaved sometimes. I'm not handing her the bunny to play with I'm gonna keep hold of it and play with her"
After driving for a bit longer Liam began to see signs for Manchester, they made another stop and continued, soon they were in Manchester. Maggie pulled up by the back lane that ran behind the houses on Peggy's street, Paul ran up to get Katie and sneak her in the back way. Maggie drove round the corner, pulled up outside the house and they both got out of the car. It was getting dark but Liam noticed two fans hanging around across the road so went to talk to them, sign some autographs and pose for some pictures. It turned out they were from Brighton and when they admitted they didn't have anywhere to stay Liam gave them money for a taxi and hotel in Manchester, he couldn't leave them sleeping on the streets.
He walked in the house, chucked his coat over the bannister and went in the living room
"Oh son how are you? Are you eating? You look tired have you been getting enough sleep? I've missed you"
She always liked to fuss over him, she was worse with him being the youngest. He sat down and noticed Paul had Katie.
"Ya alright bro? Noel ok?"
Liam nodded and answered his mum
"I've been eating. I am tired but not much I can do when I gotta look after her so I sleep when it's possible you know"
Peggy took Katie off Paul and sat down
"She's getting so big compared to last time I saw her, babies can change In just a couple of weeks. I hope you're prepared to miss things when you're on tour like possibly her first words, first steps etc"
"I know mam, I do but I love the band, I love being in the band. I've just gotta learn to balance which I will. I've gotta sacrifice in both areas but if I want to have both I've got to"
Paul sat on the arm of the chair
"You fancy the pub later? I've gotta go home for a bit Sandy's cooking but I can head back here and we can go to the pub for a bit"
"Aye sounds good"
After Paul left Peggy turned to Maggie
"Stay for some dinner darling, can't have you driving on an empty stomach"
"If you're sure"
"Cause I am"
Peggy knew it wouldn't be a problem to set an extra plate, she usually made too much anyway. It would be easier to find out the exact plans for tomorrow from Maggie than it would from Liam, especially if he was going to the pub later. After about an hour Peggy began to dish out Maggie loved Peggy's cooking, proper old English and Irish food. It reminded Maggie of her grandma's cooking. Today it was homemade mince pie, potatoes, gravy and veg. Maggie couldn't wait to tuck in. Peggy had put a table cloth over the table, knifes, forks and spoons set out around placemats, drinks in the middle of the table she wanted it to be perfect for Liam even though she knew he couldn't care less but she wanted him to feel like he mattered. Liam smiled
"Thanks mam, the table looks so nice. You didn't have too"
"Just thought it would be nice for you"
With that they sat down to their meal.
Liam was helping Peggy clear up when Katie started crying for her food, before Liam could say anything Peggy was straight over.
When they sat down Peggy asked Maggie what the plan was for tomorrow
"I'm driving back to London when I leave here, Liam needs to be at Manchester airport at twelve to fly to London where me or Dave will meet him with his bags, then he'll join the others on a flight to Paris"
"Ok so as long as I get him to the airport for twelve everything will be fine"
Maggie sorted herself to go and she opened the door to find Paul standing with key in hand.
"Time for the pub bro!"
Maggie said her goodbyes and got in the car, Liam and Paul bounced off down the street leaving Peggy alone with Katie and her thoughts.
She sat on the settee with Katie she was bigger than last time but she was still a small baby, being born early meant that at first she wasn't that much bigger than Liam's hand and seemed so weak but now she was bigger and stronger, she must take after Liam in that way, inner strength, the will to fight and never give up, Kelly would have wanted her to fight, to live. Hopefully she wouldn't be as much hard work as Liam was, maybe the side she'd inherited from Kelly would keep that in check. It was when she got a bit older, like in the next few months, when she starts crawling, picking everything up, the big temper tantrums etc that worried her. Liam didn't have much patience, he would lose his temper easily. He liked to be the centre of attention all the time when Katie was around he wouldn't be, she would so he might start with his childish tantrums, going of in a huff, fighting to get the attention back on himself. Liam wasn't used to caring about anybody but himself, he was used to getting his own way now he was gonna have to change all that, he needed to look after her, she was dependent on him, he was responsible for someone else, how the hell was he gonna deal with that, he'd have to learn quick. His usual whining, aggression, childish behaviour wasn't going to get him anywhere. Peggy was so worried and scared. She looked down
"You're daddy loves you but he's also an idiot, he's childish, he's selfish and a bit all over the place but he adores you and will do anything for you. He'll never let anyone hurt you"