Another Day, Another Job

Liam woke up late but he'd only got 3 hours sleep so he really didn't want to get up but he was looking forward to today the Q&A's could be funny depending on what questions were asked and if everyone was in a good mood it could often end up with everyone laughing their heads off. He walked to the kitchen got some coffee and toast. Then sorted out his clothes, got ready just in time to hear Dave beeping his horn. Jumping in the car Liam smiled "hey Dave how ya doing? I feel like it's gonna be a good day today" "I'm great, sure it will" Dave liked it when Liam was like this, when he was happy, in a good mood, he liked seeing Liam smile. They got to the place that had been set up by virgin megastore, it was a room above the shop and people had had to apply for wristbands for the event. He was glad it was set up like a real gig with a barrier and standing area, there was seats for the press and apparently some members of the crowd had been given special permission to ask questions which would be fun. There was seats for the band but Dave had told him they were optional and mainly for the acoustic songs. He sat down and Noel came over "right Liam we're doing six songs then it's the questions" "ok is there any rules? Do I get a list of the songs?" "There's a set list in the dressing room for you and just try not to swear" "ok cool I'll go check the list what time do we start?" "In about half a hour" Noel walked over to his guitar and started to check his amp, Liam took that as a sign the conversation was over so he headed to the dressing room the set list was on the table. Show time came and the band took to the stage to massive screams, Liam smiled it still made him feel good the screams, the crowd loving him, the devotion. It just made him feel like god, he needed it, the attention, the validation, proof he was good at what he did these people adored him. The songs went great, someone had put some cans on the stage and thankfully Noel had only put one acoustic song in the set. They played the last notes of live forever and noticed the press getting ready for the questions, here comes the fun Liam thought. First off it was the press so the usual questions about the music, blur, etc then it came to the fan questions do Liam and Noel hate each other, why did they stop doing interviews together, what song is their favourite to play live, what's their favourite venue etc it actually went really well the questions weren't stupid and didn't set anything off within the band even the questions about Liam and Noel they had a laugh dissing each other in a playful way. They left the stage stopped off at the dressing room before heading to a bar next door. They all headed to a table at the back and ordered drinks, they were all having a laugh when suddenly Noel spoke "Liam you sounded a bit off during wonderwall it fucked it up" Liam just looked at him confused earlier Noel had said it was a great set and sounded spot on, Noel continued "and you were a bit of a Twat in the interviews" Liam couldn't believe it "what the fuck you on about you said everything went good, make your fucking mind up" Noel took a drink and looked straight at Liam "well I wasn't gonna bitch in front of those people was I? It's called timing" Liam was now pissed off "god you just always need something to fucking complain about don't you, how about you just shut up and enjoy yourself for once" it was obvious Noel was now getting pissed off, the rest of the band could sense a fight coming. "How about you do something other than getting drunk and high like something useful you know maybe write a song" Noel laughed "oh aye I forgot your shit at that" Liam stood up and knocked some of the drinks off the table "me and bonehead wrote the songs before you pushed your way in and took over, if I tried to give you one you'd just bin it cos you think you're the only fucker who can write half the time I've got fuck all to do anyway cos you do everything cos you're the fucking chief and you don't trust any of us to do anything" "there you go again kicking off and starting on the poor me shit, grow up" Liam just turned around "you started it, we were all having a good time and you decided to spoil it all" he stormed off. Liam walked out the back door stopped and lit a cigarette, the door opened behind him and bonehead came out "come on Liam don't let Noel spoil things, he's just being a dick and trying to get a reaction out of you" "but why the fuck can't he just leave it and just enjoy us all being together having a good time, he spoils it for everyone not just me cos I know it pisses you all off too" Liam was pacing around "aye it pisses us off, we were all used to how you were but it's got worse but we also know there is pretty much fuck all we can do about it that's down to you guys" "Noel won't fucking listen to me and I'm not grovelling and stuff to him so he can fuck off there" "Liam sometimes you just gotta just let it go" Liam knew deep down that bonehead was right but it was never really gonna be like that between him and Noel, he lit another cigarette and looked at bonehead who just smiled "give yourself five, calm down and come back in ok" he went back inside. Liam kept pacing he couldn't decide what to do he was still pissed off but he wanted to stay and have a good time. He decided to go back in. Noel was still at the table when Liam sat down "you finished your tantrum then" it was a statement not a question "as long as you are too" Noel laughed and passed Liam a drink, everything seemed to have calmed down. They stayed there all night just having a laugh and drinking, Noel made some phone calls and talked about the new songs he was writing, it was nice. The bar was closing up so they started to get sorted to go home "hey Liam I've booked a hotel room so if you can't be arsed to go home you can Kip with me" Liam got a shock, Noel being nice wanting to spend time with him "aye ok why not" they grabbed some drinks to take with them. Liam wasn't sure how this was going to go, would they have a nice night or would they end up fighting and Liam storming home but it was worth a try.