I Have A Bad Feeling About This

Evangeline's P.O.V.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

I sigh while going over the words in the message from Jakku. Half an hour ago, the resistance base received a message that was for me only. There's a man in a town on Jakku that says he has the map to Luke's location.

It's clear in the message that he won't give it to anyone other than me. In my mind, this is an enormous risk for me and the resistance. We don't even know who the man is or if we can trust him.

Plus, how does he know I'm alive and with the resistance? For all he knows, I could be with Luke or dead right now. None of this makes sense to me, but by the looks of my mother, I know she wants me to take the chance.

"How do we know he's not lying?" I announce while pacing in the control room. "This could be a trap, mother. I don't like this."

Leia and I are in the center control room with a few people in the resistance. They're people Leia can trust with this information; she doesn't want this to get out until it's proven true. Poe is apparently the people my mother trusts since he's here leaning up against a desk with his arms crossed.

"I'll go with you." Poe speaks up from where he's watching my mother and me. "If this is a trap... Then someone should come with you."

Tilting my head, I turn away from all the eyes on me and my mother. Shaking my head, I put my hands on my hips and slowly pace in the room. I feel a hand set on my shoulder in the next second and my mother's voice says.

"Please, Eva... This isn't nothing."

Turning around, I face my mother and see her silently pleading with me. I see nothing but hope in her eyes at the thought of getting her brother back. Though, I don't understand any of this and I keep trying to wrap my brain around it.

"Whoever this man is... Knows who you are, Eva. He knows you're one of the last Jedi." Leia speaks up like a true General. "If I were him... And I had a map to one of the two Jedi left in the galaxy... I would want to give it to someone I can trust, the only other Jedi. You. Eva, this means something. There's a reason he'll only give it to you."

Letting out a breath, I know my mother is right, and it only makes me more frustrated. There's a reason this man wants to give it to me. Maybe he's had it for the last six years but refused to give it to anyone until he heard I was still alive.

Whatever the reason may be, I know I'm the only one that can get the map to Luke's location. Nodding my head in defeat, I look at my mother and silently agree to follow this lead. My eyes dart to Poe then and I point at him.

"You. You're coming with me." I declare, before turning around and storming out of the room. "Come on, flyboy."

Poe's P.O.V.

"You ready?"

I hear Eva's voice and turn around to find her walking towards me. She has on her brown tight pants with a just as skin tight gray shirt. Her belt and knee-high boots are black, but her fingerless gloves are dark brown.

Eva's wearing a black leather jacket over her grey shirt and her blaster is in her holster. Her dark brown hair is in a single braid, but what I notice most is that she's not bringing her light saber. I know it's in her room, probably still on her desk.

"Yup, everything looks good." I speak up while looking away from her belt. "BB-8 and I are ready when you are."

She nods to me and turns without speaking; she doesn't have to say it for me to know she's worried. Though I'm not sure what she's more worried about; this being a trap or actually getting the map to Luke Skywalker. Following her to the ramp of the cruiser we're taking, I notice Leia walking up to us.