The Things We Do For Love

Eva's P.O.V.

The Great Crystals Of Aantonaii.

My expression turns into confusion at the sight of the hologram that displays four different images of the Great Crystals Of Aantonaii. I'm in the hallway, peeping into a room while keeping myself hidden from the officers inside. I've been wandering around the base, following the path the force is taking me on to find Poe.

However, I stopped in my tracks when I noticed the hologram through this doorway. The hologram shows four crystals, and each is about the size of a man's hand. They glow crimson red and are the shape of a three-dimensional triangle.

I've heard of the Great Crystals of Aantonaii when I was a child; Lando and Luke tried searching for them. The Sith created the Crystals, but no one ever figured out what they do and what their purpose is. However, the Jedi know never to allow all four crystals to be in the same place at the same time.

Frowning at the hologram officers are surrounding, I question what the purpose the First Order has for them. No one has ever learned the purpose of the Great Crystals of Aantonaii; even the Sith didn't completely understand that to do with them. These crystals have always been vague artifacts of the Sith and over the years have lost its importance to the Jedi and Sith.

Just as one officer pulls up a map of the Coruscant system, I feel a tug in the force. Glancing back into the hall I'm lingering in, I sense the direction the force is guiding me to. Knowing it's drawing me closer to Dameron's location, I drop the matter of the Great Crystals Of Aantonaii for now.

Shuffling down the hall with my blaster at the ready, I move in the direction it's telling me to go. I sense myself getting closer to Poe with each step I take. However, I won't forget what I saw and ask Luke about it when I get the chance.

Poe's P.O.V.

I feel terrible.

My head's pounding and my legs feel like jello but not the good way. My chest feels like it's burning, but I know it's just the after sensation of what that probe droid did to me. I still have my hands in chains above my head and I no longer can feel my arms.

With my eyes closed and head drooped low, I try to control my breathing and mentally prepare myself for when Kylo Ren comes back. I'm alone in this cell and have been for an hour now, so I know Eva's brother will come soon to force out more pain from me. Sucking in an exhausted breath, I question if Kylo Ren will kill me when learning Eva won't come for me or keep me around to play with Eva's head.

I do not know what my fate will be in the hands of Eva's brother, making me feel utterly defeated. He doesn't want any information from me and honestly, if he did, I would feel better about my situation. Though he only wants me for one thing, and it's something I don't even have.

Evangeline.

The thought of Evangeline brings tears to my eyes. She's going to get back to base after completing her training and I won't be there. By the time Eva comes home, I might as well be dead.

Groaning at everything that has happened, I weakly tug at my chains in another attempt to break free. However, I can't even feel my wrists right now and I'm sure there are bruises on my skin underneath the metal chains. Letting out a huff, I try again and the second I pull against the restraints; I hear the door to my cell open.

"Poe..." I listen to my name being spoken from the doorway by a familiar voice. Peering up to the door, I catch sight of who's there just as she speaks up again in heartbreak. "Oh, Poe..."

Feeling my heart shatter at the sight of her here, I let out a gasp and meet her gaze with wide eyes. Evangeline Solo stands at the threshold with an utterly troubled expression from seeing me like this. She lowers her blaster in her hand before rushing towards me, leaving the door open.