We Got A Problem

Evangeline's P.O.V.

I can't do this.

Unclipping my light saber and holding it in both of my hands, I feel as if I can't breathe. I thought when the time came to fight my brother, I'd be ready for it. Though, staring at my brother at this moment, I know I can't do this; not with him.

Even in this freezing weather, with snow falling from the clouds, my palms are sweating as I hold my saber. Ben's waiting for me to activate my blade while pointing the tip of his saber directly at me. Taking in a deep but shaky breath, I tighten my grip and trigger my green blade.

"Ben..." I whisper in complete fear of what he wants. "Please, I-"

I don't get to finish my sentence because he instantly swinging his saber at me. Gasping, I stumble back away from him without either of our sabers touching. He swings his saber again with just as much power, and I dodge it by an inch.

"I... I can't do this, Ben." With my heart pounding in my chest, I hold back my tears and confess. "I can't fight you."

"Then you will die." 

He speaks up in his masked, robotic voice before raising his saber. In a blink of an eye, he slams it down at me. Letting out a defeated sob, I finally move my saber and block his saber from above.

Our green and red sabers push against one another as their light shines on our faces. I feel tears seeping out of my eyes and growing cold on my cheeks. Staring at my brother's masked face, I wish I could actually see his expression; all I see is a cold black helmet.

Pushing harsher against my blade, Ben tries to overpower my strength. We stare at each other through our light sabers while pushing them against one another. Ben's surrounding Force is nothing but hate, yet mine surrounding Force is nothing but love.

In the following second, Ben steps away from me and spins his saber, causing me to turn mine. He moves to stab me and I shuffle away while tapping my saber against his. I slowly back away as Ben continues to swing and stab at me.

I try to defend myself from him, but my moves come out weak and full of fear. He keeps walking towards me to attack and I keep stumbling back while trying to shield myself. When he swings at my waist, I move my saber to push him away.

We then push both our sabers against one another while they point at the ground. When lifts his saber up, I'm force to do the same to keep his blade away from me. We push at each other's sabers while moving them around between us.

I feel the dark side all around me because of Ben and I try to ignore the way it's shouting at me in anger. With my iron grip on my saber, I hold Ben's saber from getting any closer to me. Peering up between our red and green blade, my eyes go to where Ben's would be behind his mask.

"You were my brother, Ben!" I cry out with tears in the corner of my eyes. "I loved you."

As if my words are Ben's undoing, he pulls his saber away from mine. However, in the next moment, he bashes his blade on mine violently with full force. He repeatedly hits his saber onto mine with all his rage and strength.

I hold on to my saber for dear life as he continues to smash his saber with mine, as if he's trying to break it in half. I'm stumbling back with each savage hit Ben makes at my saber. My back hits a tree trunk and all I can do is take every blow Ben's making at my saber.

We can hear something exploding in the distance, but it seems irrelevant to us from the sounds of our saber clashing together. Ben raises his saber once again to hit mine, but as he swings it at me, the ground suddenly shakes beneath our feet. Instead of hitting my saber like he intended, he slices the tree trunk my back is against.