That's For You To Find Out

Evangeline's P.O.V.

Smirking at my brother condescendingly, I tauntingly spin my saber beside me. Ben and I stand a few yards apart with our light sabers at the ready. Our uncle, mother and father are off to the side with the other padawans in the Jedi Order.

I can see the hostility in my twin brother's gaze, though no one but me notices it. We both know I've outgrown from the careless, inattentive little girl I once was; just as he's outgrown the sensitive and compassionate young boy he used to be. I've become discipline, steadfast, and determined while he's become headstrong, forthright, and fearless.

Both of us have enhanced our competitiveness to achieve victory, no matter the cost. Ben's jaw tightens, and he lifts his saber while masking his emotions to have the upper hand. Though, I already can see right through him and know what will be his undoing. 

For the last few years, we have fought to be the best out of one another and we both intend to prove it today in front of everyone. The two of us have worked too hard for far too long not to prove our worth today. Pointing the tip of my saber at him, I raise a single brow and ask in an arrogant tone.

"You ready, brother?"

"Are you, sister?"

Suffering... Peace of mind... Despair... But hope.

I can feel so much in the force by just walking up the stairs to the old Jedi Temple. Wandering to the top of the stairs, I see waste and rubble scattered around the stone ground. Taking in a deep breath, I come to the entrance of the Jedi Temple and glance around my surroundings.

There are cracks in the walls and floor, pillars broken into broad junks as if they lost the strength to uphold the Jedi Temple. Statues of former Jedi Masters appear to be eroding and there's spray paint all over walls and pillars that are still standing firm in place. Just the outside of the Temple looks like a building that's abandoned for decades.

Walking further, until I reach the threshold of the Jedi Temple, I try to keep my emotions calm and rational. However, I feel the force of thousands in this place and I feel the sensation of Déjà vu. It feels as if I'm back on Yavin 4, finding my uncle's Jedi Temple burnt to the ground.

Why would my mother want me to come here? What purpose does coming here have for me? This place seems like a reminder to me of what I lost six years ago; how I as a daughter, sister and Jedi Knight, failed six years ago. 

Taking a step inside the Jedi Temple, I find big black spray painted words on the marble floor. In big black letters it says, the light side will emerge again. My mouth slacks and tears comes to my eyes at the sight of the saying; I said that six years in a hologram after I saw the destruction of my home.

Glancing away from the words as if it will burn me, I roam towards the center of the Jedi Temple. The main room is four stories high and all around are huge round pillars; only one is in pieces that scatter across the floor. Though, the room looks just as poor condition as the outside, as if it's been slowly rotting over the years.

Slowing, turning in a circle and glimpsing around the room, my heart drops at the reason Leia would want me to come here. By wanting me to go to the session at the Senate and visiting the Jedi Temple, Leia is silently telling me I'm all that's left to keep the Jedi Order alive. She knew I would use my authority as a Jedi Knight to persuade the Senate before I even knew.

She made me come here, not to only get me to believe in myself, but to show the influence I have in this galaxy. Though, I once believed in my power and that led to Kylo Ren being born, followed by the rise of the First Order. I failed just as the Senate said yesterday; I failed the second I became what I wanted to be.