The Trap

Poe's P.O.V.

"Almost there, buddy..." 

I sigh while checking the navigation system in my starfighter and flipping a few switches. We're halfway to the Coruscant system to retrieve the Republic's contribution. It's just BB-8 and me on this mission, but it's nothing we can't handle.

So far, we have had no problems travelling to Coruscant; it's been smooth sailing. The ride has been quiet, which is actually a pleasant change from how my team has been acting lately. I know they mean the best, but at some point I'd like them to drop the worrying and leave me to sulk about Eva alone.

I'm not exactly sulking about Evangeline, but my damn droid is. He misses helping and following her around as if it's more exciting than being with me. After a long moment of peaceful silence, BB-8 suddenly speaks up, making me roll my eyes.

"Nope, sorry. We can't make a pit stop and see Eva." I announce, checking for surrounding cruisers. "You know she's training... We can't disturb her. She has things to do."

BB-8 makes a pitiful beeping sound and I hold myself from rolling my eyes again. I don't know who's more in love with Evangeline, me or BB-8. As I adjust our flight path, I notice us slowing down, but I haven't changed the setting on the throttle.

"... BB-8... Are you slowing us down?" Speaking up cautiously, I push in the throttle to get us to go faster. "I told you we can't go see her. I know you want to just stop by and..."

The starfighter comes to a complete stop in space and my eyes go wide. We're just sitting ducks in outer space now, and I can't make sense of why. BB-8 beeps at me, telling me he's not doing anything from the back seat, and I frown while messing with the throttle.

I check our flight path again and see if there's anything around us that would stop us from flying. However, I don't have any warnings of incoming ships or notifications that we entered a system's gravitational pull. Just as I'm about to ask BB-8 for some help, he beeps wildly and suddenly we move backwards.

Panicking, I try anything to get us to fly forward, but we continue going backwards. Glancing behind me, I realize a large cargo command ship is pulling us into their hangar. Realizing we're in a magnetic net and getting hauled into the ship, I press buttons and settings frantically.

I see nothing on my navigation of this cargo ship in our area, and I know instantly something is wrong. Either they hijacked my controls or have a way not to show up on the ship's flight paths. Seeing us fully in the hangar and the large doors shutting, I unbuckle myself and take out my blaster.

We land on the hangar before all the controls shut down and turn off like I did it myself. Panicking, I open up the top of my starfighter and immediately aim my blaster, ready to get us out of this situation. The First Order might have found out about my mission and is trying to put a stop to it.

"Just the pilot we're looking for." I suddenly hear a man say while coming beside the starfighter. Aiming my blaster at him, I watch him as he says with a grin. "You're almost as hard to find as a Solo."

In the following second, I see other men appear around my starfighter, and something dawns on me. This is the same gang or crew who were chasing after Eva on Daiyu when I first met her. Half of the men have black masks and a bright red circle on it.

"If you're looking for Evangeline... I don't know where she is." 

I blurt out while glancing at everyone in the hangar. The man right beside my cruiser smirks at my comment then, making me face him again. Tilting his head, he raises an eyebrow before mumbling in a sickness tone.