That Was It

Poe's P.O.V.

"We'll be here waiting for you, kid." I hear Han say to his daughter while resting a hand on her shoulder. "Come back when you're ready."

"When you do..." Leia, who is beside Han, speaks up in a gentle tone. "Bring Luke home."

"I will."

Evangeline speaks up, wearing the same blue cloak I saw her in at Daiyu, before pulling both of her parents into a hug. Walking towards them on a docking bay in the Resistance's base, I watch the Solo family hold one another with utter tenderness. I'm halfway to the family when they pull away from one another, but the second Eva lets go of her parents, Chewie gives her a bear hug from behind.

Eva laughs at Chewie and pats the Wookie's fury arms around her; Rey is a few yards away, saying her goodbyes to Finn. BB-8 is beside me as I walk to Eva from wanting to say his goodbyes like me. R2-D2 is getting set up in Eva's starfighter in preparations to leave soon.

This is the morning Rey and Eva track down Luke Skywalker; Rey will start her training while Eva finished hers. Last night's drinking session with Eva left as quickly as it started. We shared old stories and teased about recent ones, but we had to come back to the real world at sunrise. 

When Chewie releases Eva from his hug, she notices me and BB-8 strolling towards her, making her face fall slightly in sorrow. I offer her a crooked smile and it forces her to give me one in return. Shuffling away from her family and her starfighter, Eva steps forward as BB-8 and I reach her.

Standing in front of one another, Eva and I stare at one another, feeling the pressure of being the first to speak up. There's so much I want to say, but I can't unpack it all on her now; I'm just going to wait for the right moment, if there will ever be a suitable moment. Biting my bottom lip, I then move to speak first, but BB-8 beats me to it.

"Of course." Eva giggles at BB-8's words while moving to kneel in front of my BB Unit. Patting his head, Eva promises with an amused smile. "I'll tell you all about it when I get back."

"When will you be back?" I can't help but ask as Eva stands back up in front of me. Offering me a gaze of regret, Eva answers in a low and thin tone. "I don't know."

Glancing away from me then, Eva lets out a defeat breath from knowing that's not the answer I wanted. I can see in her expression that she's just as worried as I am about when she'll return. Looking at her with sympathy for a moment, I nod once before rubbing my chin and trying to think what I can say not to sour the mood more than it already is.

"Try not to miss me too much." Eva suddenly speaks up with a sly tone, making me grin. Tilting her head and sending me a charmed expression, she adds under her breath. "... Though, I'm sure you won't with all the leggy blonds that linger around you."

"... It that jealousy I hear, sweetheart?" I smirk while tilting my head and tugging at her belt. Raising an eyebrow, Eva mumbles in amusement. "More like judgment, flyboy."

"I'll take your judgment as a compliment." I murmur while my smirk turns into a grin as I hold Eva's heavy gaze. Yanking at her belt gently, I nudge my head and whisper commandingly. "Come here."

When Eva takes a step closer to me, I wrap an arm around her shoulders and the other around her waist. I feel her hands rest on my back as her head drops to the crook of my neck. Tightening my hold on the Jedi, I relax my head on top of hers and let out a breath.

"When you come back... You'll be a Jedi Master." I think out loud as her hands grip the back of my jacket sterner than before. "It'll be a whole new world when you come back."

"It already is." Eva murmurs into my neck before lifting her head away from my neck. Peering up at me, she smiles knowingly but with a tint of sorrow in her smile as she confesses. "Has been since you found me on Daiyu."