Jedi Business

Poe's P.O.V.

"The Chair recognizes the motion of a poll to disband the Resistance." 

The Supreme chancellor announces in the center of the dome. I sit beside Evangeline on one of many circle platforms, glancing around the Galactic Senate chamber. Eva stares directly at the Republic chancellor with an expression I've never seen her wear.

Her expression is unnervingly tense and stiff, with no emotions; the look on her face is unreadable to me. I've been very good at understanding how Eva feels from her expressions, but this is the first time I don't know what she's feeling. Turning away from her and letting out a breath, I listen as the chancellor releases to every senator.

"We apprehend the developments in the First Order's influence and see your suit to no longer demand to subsidize the Resistance."

Hearing his words, I frown and think; what the blazes does that mean? I'm supposed to announce Eva before she speaks, but if he keeps talking like that, I won't know when to do that. Peeking over at Eva to see if she understands what the Chancellor's saying, I hear her mumble under her breath as if she's reading my thoughts.

"He saying because we destroy Starkiller, they will allow a vote to be made to defund the Resistance."

"Oh..." I mumble, feeling ten times dumber than a second ago. "Right."

"Therefor, we will grant an act of vote to-"

"Announce me." Eva then blurts out hastily while sending me a panic look. "Now. Hurry."

I raise my eyebrows, unsure of how it's the time for her to speak, but I won't question it. This is not my territory and do not know what I'm doing; besides being the protector of the acting representative of the Resistance, Evangeline Solo. Doing as we rehearsed earlier in her room, I stand up and move the front desk of the round platform we're in.

"Supreme Chancellor, delegates of the Senate." I announce onto a mic while flying our platform into the air towards the Supreme chair's podium. "The Resistance requests a testament before you make a settlement for recent circumstances."

"The Chair will recognize the Resistance's appeal."

"To represent the Resistance on their behalf..." I speak up through the mic and notice Eva stand up out of the corner of my eye. "I present to you, Jedi Knight Evangeline Solo."

The moment her name leaves my lips, I hear gasps and murmurs in the dome from the senators. Taking a step back from the mic, I meet Eva's gaze and send her an encouraging smile. Though she only nods to me politely and comes to stand at the desk on our platform.

"Honorable Representative of the Republic." Eva speaks up loud and clear into the mic with utter confidence. Sitting back down in my chair, I watch her as she announces to the senate. "I come to you under the troubling of circumstances. This act to disband the Resistance is nothing short of ludicrous. Which is why I have come to prevent the motion and maintain the Rebellion as it is-"

"I object! She may not be allowed to prevent this ballot." A senator from the Banking Clan declares while bringing their platform up to us and the Supreme chancellor. "The Resistance subsidized by the Galactic Republic, they must not be allowed to plead."

"The chair does not recognize the Banking Clan at this moment." 

The Supreme Chancellor argues while waving a hand to halt the Senator from speaking any further. Frowning, I glance from Eva to the chancellor, unsure of how any of this makes sense. Maybe this is the reason the Republic isn't winning; they speak in riddles and fancy words.

"I perceive I do not hold any substantial authority to halt the vote." Eva announces in a harsher tone than before. "However, I come before you speaking for the voices of thousands this vote will affect in hope to influence its outcome."