Together Again

Eva's P.O.V.

I created the monster.

Staring up at where my brother stands in the distance, I feel his anger through our surrounding force. All his hate and anger is towards me and me alone. I don't sense any bitterness towards our family from him, leading me to believe all of this has been from my hands.

I should have never tried to be better than him or make our training competitive. I should have made him feel like we were a team, like we were in this together. However, I treated him like a threat to me and that's exactly what he became.

Standing in the center of the arena, I wait for what will happen now. Will he come down here and finish the job? Will he bring out more creatures in attempts to kill us?

Keeping my gaze towards my brother on the podium, I hear metal gates open on one side within the arena. Glancing at Poe and Rey, I see them watching the gates anxiously and preparing themselves for whatever comes out of the arena's entrances. Poe lifts his blaster as Rey picks up an electric spear from a dead stormtrooper; they move to stand on either side of me and make a line of three.

Stormtroopers then march out of the gates in rows of three. Shuffling my feet nervously, I glance at each entrance in my eye line and see troopers at all of them. They're all refined and stiff, giving me the assumption that they're clones bred from this base.

The stormtroopers slowly join as one and stop moving when a few yards away from us. None of them make a move to blast at us, but they're clearly ready for the command to strike us down. Taking in a deep breath, I try to stay calm and wait to see the first blast go off. 

Feeling fingers skim the back of my hand, I peek to my side and find Poe's hand reaching for mine. He's staring at the stormtroopers with his blaster aimed at no one in particular. Taking his hand into mine, I glance to Rey beside me and see her spear moving to point at the troopers in front of us. 

Just as I'm about to face back up to my brother, I hear a shot being fired from behind me, and it's not from my commander. The stormtrooper that is face to face with me yards away falls to the floor with a blast in his chest. My head snaps around in the direction the blast came from, thinking Rey grabbed a blaster and was the one who shot first.

However, my heart drops when seeing two figures step out from the shadows of one entrance. I watch as my father and Chewie walk into the light with their blaster and crossbow pointed at the troopers that stand in front of us. BB-8 and R2-D2 are on either side of them as they enter the arena, and I can't help but smile in awe.

My father, Han Solo, is the one who shot first.

I feel my heart melt at the sight of them here with me. Chewie and Han came all this way for me, knowing the odds of me even being alive were slim. I sense R2-D2 has something to do with why they're here, but all I can think about is how they showed up for me.

As my father, his Wookie and the droids wander further into the arena, I notice something behind them. Frowning in confusion, I turn around to get a better look at what is following them. It only takes me a second to realize what's behind them as they flood into the arena with us.

It's the Resistance. My mother sent the Resistance to save us.

Leia's P.O.V.

I will not back down. I will face him.

Shuffling down the hall in silence, I see the back of my son. Clenching the lightsaber in my hand, I push myself to move forward to where he stands on the podium in the arena. My head's covered by a white cloak and I'm in an attire that I haven't worn in decades.