Blind Hope

Evangeline's P.O.V.

"Ben."

I announce into the silence, and Ben instantly stops walking down the bridge. I feel so much conflict and hostility in the Force surrounding Kylo Ren. With my heart pounding, I dare take a step onto the bridge.

"Evangeline." 

Ben announces with his back facing me before turning around slowly. When he turns completely, I'm greeted with his dark black mask. There's a moment of silence between us until he speaks up in a robotic tone from his helmet. 

"... Brave... But foolish of you to come back."

"I came back for my brother." 

I announce with shaking breath, but in an honest tone. Taking a few steps toward him on the bridge, I feel my palms getting sweaty. Licking my bottom lip nervously, I quietly plead with my one and only brother.

"Ben. Come home. Come with me."

"We miss you." Han's voice echos from behind me and I sense Ben's gaze moving onto our father for a moment. Standing in front of where the bridge begins, our father declares. "Your mother and I miss our son."

"Ben Solo was weak." My brother spits out in his robotic voice as I walk towards him. "I destroyed him."

"No. My brother's alive." 

I argue with nothing but love, making his head move to face me again. Though I can't see his face or eyes, I know he's staring right into my gaze. I stop walking when I'm two feet away from him and confess.

"I feel the conflict within you. Let go of your hate."

"It is too late for me, Eva." 

"It's never too late." I breathe out in a lighthearted tone and crack a wobbling smile. "Our family is living proof of that." 

Ben is silent from my choice of words, from knowing who I'm referring to. I'm standing in front of my brother waiting for his response; hoping he'll come home with us. There's conflict and hate for me inside Ben's mind, but there is also compassion and respect for me inside his heart.

My brother is staring at me, head to toe in black; I can feel his anger and bitterness towards me at this very moment. Though I'm watching him head to toe in white; showing him my love and empathy for him. Raising my free hand for him to take, I whisper to him and plead.

"Leave everything behind and come with us."

Ben stares at my hand with his helmet still covering his face. My tan gloved hand's raised between us as if it's a key to a new world. Stepping closer to me, Ben raises his black gloved hand to take mine.

Taking my hand in his own, Ben lifts his head to look at my face. Our hands hold on to one another gently, as if we're breaking a law by just touching one another. Which is understandable since I can't remember the last time I've held my brother's hand.

Staring at him and feeling his hand in my own, I let out a breath and smile up at him. My other hand holding my blaster puts the weapon back into my holster then. With that same hand, I rest it on top of our entwined hands in relief.

"Why would I leave all this behind?"

Ben asks slowly with an underline tone while tightening his hand on mine. My eyes widen when realizing what he's saying. Take a step toward me with his hand locking mine with his, Ben says simply with the dark side of the force surrounding us.

"I am more powerful than ever before."

In the next second, Ben raises his free hand and grabs my neck. Tightening his hand around my neck, he lifts me off my feet and I cough for air as my feet dangle below me. I raise my hands to hold his wrist as my head gets light-headed with every second my brother holds me in the air by the neck.