It's Time

Kylo Ren's P.O.V.

"You got what you wanted..."

Evangeline murmurs while keeping her eyes on the floor in front of her. I stand in front of her with my hands behind my back. Her ankles, wrists, and neck are in restraints attached to the wall.

We're in the cell right next to her beloved pilot, who is now in the same position she's in. When I found her trying to save the pilot, I instantly took her saber and blaster before she could even attempt to attack. Glancing up at me, Eva tries to find my eyes underneath my mask while asking shortly.

"Now what?"

"Now, I make an example out of you." I answer, while tilting my head innocently. Pacing in front of her, I confess vaguely what I plan to do with her. "The Jedi Order will die with you."

"You can kill me, brother, but the Jedi Order will never die." Eva reveals while clenching her fists and jaw. "Someone will always be there to uphold the Jedi legacy."

"Foolish of you to believe that." I chuckle and step closer to my twin sister. Grabbing her jaw and making her face stay still in front of mine, I declare what we both know. "The Jedi legacy is only as powerful as the galaxy believes it to be. The galaxy only believes in you... Once you die, the faith in the Jedi will die."

Eva takes in a deep breath and tries to get her head out of my grasp, but I clench her jaw. I sense she doesn't like one thing I've said since I put her in this cell. Though she understands where I'm coming from and knows my words hold some truth that she's been denying for the last seven years.

When Luke granted her the first Jedi Knight at his Temple, he gave her more than just a rank. He gave the galaxy a symbol, a face, a person to uphold the Jedi Order. When I tore the Temple to the ground, Evangeline knew she had to be the one to rebuild it and keep the Jedi Order alive.

However, instead she ran away for six years and pretend it wasn't her responsibility. The power of being the face of the Jedi only grew while she was in hiding. Now, everyone looks to her for the Jedi; the resistance, the republic and even our uncle.

So when she dies, the faith and hope in the Jedi Order will die with her in the galaxy's mind. I was a fool not to kill her the first time I captured her; it was my selfishness and vanity that allowed her to escape. Instead of just killing her, I wanted to torment her and make her feel how I've felt long before I became Kylo Ren.

"I didn't ask for any of this, Ben." Evangeline finally whispers in the silence. Sensing her thinking about our memories in the Temple, I listen as she confesses softly. "I only wanted our family to be proud of me. I never meant for everything to fall onto me."

"... Though, it did... And now, here you are." I murmur while letting go of her chin and stepping back. "Every choice you have made has led you to this."

"Are you kidding me? I never had a choice!" She blurts out in anger at my accusation while tugging at her restraints. Shaking her head and letting out a heartless laugh, Eva shouts in utter frustration. "We never had a choice back then, Ben! And I still don't! You do now though, and it's because of your choices that I'm still forced to do this!"

Her words make my heart skip a beat and for a second I feel something other than rage towards her. It's because I strayed from our way of life that Evangeline still has to live the life force upon us. She stopped wanting the glory of a Jedi a long time ago, but I stopped wanting it before she did and got out, making her have to uphold the Jedi.

However, I sense she still believes in the Jedi and what they stand for. Though, she doesn't want to be the one that keeps it alive and be the one responsible for what happens to it in the future. Sadly, we don't get what we want; our family knows that secret about life all too well.