Prologue

B U I L T   T O   F A L L

~

"When the seasons change... Will you stand by me? Cause I'm a young man built to fall."

~

Evangeline Solo

Evangeline Solo

"You save everyone, but who saves you?"
"... And flashbacks hurt."
"Is it my fault?"

~

"Sweetheart & Flyboy"

"The Commander & The Jedi"

~

Poe Dameron

Poe Dameron

"... And the only solution was to stand and fight."
"Fight for your fairytale."
"The eyes of a soldier."

~

S U M M A R Y

Eva was once a bright eye Jedi with a future of possibilities until her twin brother, Ben Solo, changed for the worst. The day her brother became Kylo Ren was the last day Eva picked up her saber. She quickly became one of the most ruthless pilots in the Resistance.

Everyone tiptoed around her and followed her every word like it was the law. Everyone but a certain commander, Poe Dameron. The man never missed an opportunity to tease and argue with the General's daughter.

~

Evangeline & Poe

Evangeline & Poe

"You gave me peace in a lifetime of war."
"I don't think you will ever realize, you changed everything for me."
"... And in the middle of my chaos, there was you."

~

P R O L O G U E 
Evangeline Solo's P.O.V.

It was only a few weeks ago I was granted the rank of Jedi Knight.

I was over the moon, but today, the rank seems insignificant at the sight I see. Kneeling in front of the ruins, tears stain my cheeks at what my home has become. Fire is burning the Jedi Temple down; padawan huts are rubble, and younglings lay limp all around me.

I've just gotten back from my first mission as a Jedi Knight and I find my world in flames. My former Master, my uncle, is nowhere to be found. I don't have to question who did this; I can sense who caused this destruction in the force.

My mother is in pain somewhere in the galaxy from sensing what has happened on Yavin 4. My father is probably getting a transmission from her about what has happened as I kneel here. Closing my eyes and letting out a sob, I call out to my twin brother in the force.

When I don't hear or feel him in the surrounding force, I know with a certainty that the dark side has completely corrupted him. His heart has turned and mind filled with hate. Ben Solo, my only brother, has burned our lives to the ground and left me to pick up what's left.