A Dangerous Game

Evangeline's P.O.V.

You can't escape me, Evangeline. I will find you.

Repeating my brother's words in my mind, I recognize what he was claiming. Ben was making a promise with his statement, he intents on searching for me. If I had never revealed I'm with the resistance, he wouldn't feel the need to hunt me down.

I can sense it now, in this very moment; Ben's searching for me to finish what we started. Sitting in my personal gym, I keep my eyes closed and allow the force to flow through me. Meditating on the floor, I hope to find anything in the force that will help me, but all it's been showing me is Ben trying to find me.

"Eva, you're a hard woman to find." I hear Rey's voice fill the silence in the room. "We've been looking for you for the last twenty minutes."

Taking in a deep breath, I keep my eyes shut and hope she'll take a hint. I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone and would like to continue meditating in peace. Trying to ignore the people who've entered the room, I continue listening to the surrounding force.

"Finn and I've been looking over the unfinished map for Luke Skywalker."

Rey speaks up again, trying to start a conversation with me. I feel my eyebrow twitching and my body stiffen at her sentence but continue to stay focused. Hearing footsteps coming up to me from where I sit, Finn's voice enters my ears.

"We can't do much with it since it's not a complete map..."

"Though, I bet you know all the places Luke would hide." Rey points out in a lighthearted tone, but it only makes my fists tighten. "Maybe if we look at the places you'd think he would hide, then we can-"

"Leave me alone." I grunt quietly while trying to keep my mind concentrated with the force. "I don't know where he would be."

"Oh, please." Rey chuckles playfully and I feel myself slowly losing my connection to the force. "I'm sure you have an idea of where he would be."

Clenching my jaw, I do my best not to get aggravated by her comment. However, I feel my peaceful state of mind leaving me and being replaced with impatience. Feeling the force slipping from my grasp, I suddenly hear Finn say.

"You must know something, Eva... If we can help you-"

I suddenly groan when feeling myself officially lose my hold on the surrounding force. Finn halts his words as I open my eyes and scowl at the two in front of me. Standing up from my spot on the floor, I point at Rey and Finn, snapping in frustration.

"You want to help me? Then leave me the hell alone."

The two of them glance at each other in shock with upset expressions because of my reaction. The looks on their face makes me roll my eyes and scoff at how quickly I hurt their feelings. They must have thought I would be over the moon to have their help and were expecting a different reaction from me.

I'm in no mood for optimistic resistance fans; I don't need them shoving their hope down my throat right now. Obviously, I know I'm responsible for finding Luke; I've been responsible for finding him since the moment he disappeared. Though, I don't need two new resistance followers pointing it out to me and reminding me I haven't found him yet.

Turning away from Finn and Rey, I walk towards the exit and try to calm myself down. Not letting their words mock me in my mind, I focus on reconnecting with the force again. I'm halfway to the exit of this gym when I hear Rey call out to me with an annoyed tone.

"What's wrong with you? We're only trying to help!" I can sense her getting more frustrated with each step I take away from them. "We're part of the resistance too, Eva. We want to help."