Escape Now, Hug Later

Rey's P.O.V.

Running through the First Order's base, I feel my confidence slipping. Every hangar I'm passing is in lockdown and I know it's because Kylo Ren doesn't want me to escape. I've been wandering aimlessly in halls trying to find a way out with no luck.

However, I must have some luck on my side because I've been able to do mind tricks on a few stormtroopers to escape from my cell. Holding the blaster I took from the stormtrooper that guarded my cell, I race down the hall, hoping no one will see me. I hear commotion all around and I sense it's the Resistance attacking this base, but I'm not sure.

As I go down the hall, my mind thinks of BB-8, hoping he made it back to the Resistance safely and gave them the map to Luke Skywalker. After seeing what Kylo Ren can do with a light saber and the force, I know the Resistance needs a Jedi now more than ever. Glancing behind me to make sure no one has seen me, I turn into another hall quickly, without a thought.

Turning to face the hall I'm walking into, I see myself about to run into Finn and yelp in surprise. Both of us jump and stumble back from one another just before we can ram into each other. Glancing around at Finn, I realize he's with Han, Chewie and a woman a little older than me.

"You all right?" Han speaks up while coming to Finn's side. Nodding to him, I answer in a relief voice that I'm not alone anymore inside this base. "Yeah."

"Good."

Han hums out before scanning our surroundings for an unwanted company. Chewie's beside the woman with his crossbow at the ready. The dark brown hair woman is glance at where they come from with her blaster lifted.

"What happened to you?" Finn then asks in concern while stepping closer to me. "Did he hurt you?"

"Finn." I let out a breath in humor that he's concerned for me and not himself. "What are you doing here?"

"We came back for you."

Finn answers honestly while sending me an intent expression. Suddenly Chewie growls and my eyes widen at his words. Frowning and glancing at Chewie, Finn asks me, from not knowing Shyriiwook.

"What did he say?"

"That it was your idea."

I mumble in awe that someone would come back for me, of all people. I'm just a scavenger and Finn has no obligations to save or help me, but he has. Not thinking twice, I pull him into a hug and whisper in the crook of his neck.

"Thank you."

"Sorry to interrupt this little reunion but... Escape now, hug later."

The dark brown hair woman in all white clothing blurts out and comes up to our side impatiently. Pulling away from one another, Finn and I turn to face the woman. She smiles a smile I've seen on Han's face before and says quickly.

"Hi. We haven't met. I'm Evangeline Solo, Han's daughter-"

"-And Poe's sweetheart."

Finn suddenly adds to Evangeline's introduction, and she immediately lifts a finger at him in a silent warning with a deadly look. I look between them, not sure what's happening and try to act like Evangeline being Han's daughter isn't blowing my mind right now. Turning back to face me, Evangeline then says, while trying to not blow a tube from Finn's comment.

"You can just call me Eva."

"It's nice to meet-" I speak up only for Han to cut me off by suddenly shoving Finn, me and Eva while grunting. "Come on, kids. We can talk later."

"Han, you never mentioned you had a daughter."

I blurt out to the smuggler as our group of five races down the hall to escape. When we come up to an elevator in the hall, Finn goes to the keypad and unlocks it. Everyone gets in as Han shrugs his shoulders, commenting.