Loki (Mythology Based) - Part 1

*Mythological accurate/Not Marvel based imagine* Loki and Y/n meet and fall silently in love when Loki becomes Odin's blood brother and manages to be welcomed in Asgard, among the gods. You, daughter of Odin, and Goddess of Magick, instantly feel attracted to the man that differs the gods in so many ways. But your paths are forced to part when your beliefs don't line up anymore: you leaving to be as far away as possible from Odin and Loki remaining in Asgard to seek the gods' acceptance

As this tall, slender man slowly walks in the hall of your Father's palace, you can't help but stare at him, mesmerized by how different he looks from the gods. Here, in the paradise hidden between clouds and caressed by the Universe itself that you simply call Asgard, you don't get to see too many outsiders. Odin has made sure to keep you safe between the walls of the palace, only allowing his sons to leave when he needs them to run errands in his name. Your only contact with the world beyond Asgard was entertained by your brother, Balder.

"The people of Midgard worship us, they adore us. They gift us beautiful things, they dedicate shrines and statues to us, they pray to us. And they have so many things that we have never even thought of creating here. Petty creations but meant for entertainment. And they fulfill their purpose, be sure, my dear sister" Balder would tell you, sitting on the edge of your bed, while you carefully and eagerly listened to him.

He would make grand gestures while explaining his way to Midgard through the Bifrost, the rainbow bridge connecting Asgard and the world of the humans. Heimdall sometimes would allow you to see the bridge, opening the heavy, oak doors for you to gaze at the beautiful miracle that the gods used as a means to transport.

"I wish I could visit Midgard too" you finally would sigh, making Balder smile warmly at you, while placing a hand on your head, slowly patting you.

"You will see it one day, dear. The midgardians know about you too, so you should be sure that you'll get to visit their petty world and awe at what they have created."

Your eyes would light up with excitement and pride.

"They know of me?"

And Balder would laugh, getting back on his feet with a huff escaping his lips.

"Of course they do. After all, you are the Goddess of Magick. But they call you Astrid down there."

And you would spend hours thinking of how the midgardians not only know about your existence and honor you, but they also named you "the beautiful and loved one".

The man is followed closely by guards, who just quietly walk behind him as he approaches Odin's throne. The All-Father analyzes the guest with his eye, the one that sees everything, everywhere and loudly coughs as to get the court's attention before addressing them, because Odin could never speak and not be listened to by everyone.

"I present to you: Loki. He will, as of now on, live among us as my blood brother and be known as not a God, but a powerful shapeshifter and trickster, an ally to us."

Murmurs and whispers start travelling around the hall, confusion spreading between all the gods. You eye Balder, both of you questioning the intrusion of this Loki. Thor, your middle brother, laughs hitting your shoulder in a playful manner.

"This one might be like your kind, sister!" he addresses you.

Thor rarely talks to you, being this violent, obsessed of adoration god that is busier travelling the Nine Realms in a quest of becoming the most powerful god in order to take Odin's place one day. But even when he does talk to you, he makes sure to be as petty and as much of a bully as possible.