Bucky Barnes Part 9

*Bucky's POV*
When I hear footsteps coming into the living room I turn around, pausing the movie I was watching expecting to see Steve or Sam entering the room. But I'm surprised to see Y/n walking slowly towards me, holding her hands together in front of herself, looking at the floor. Her hair is all messy and she looks so tired.
"You know? I think a little walk would be nice" she says, almost like she's scared to have a quiet, genuine nice time.
I smile, getting ready to tell her that I love the idea and that I'll go prepare, but she speaks before I can even turn off the TV.
"But- I mean, if you're busy, I guess we could do it another time"
"You're kidding, right? I'm never busy for you. Just wait here, I'll go get changed and then we go to the park"
She raises her eyes from the ground and I can notice a little smile on her lips. I basically run to my room and change my clothes as fast as possible and when I return I take Y/n's hand, dragging her outside.
The park is full with children running around and playing, parents keeping a close eye on them, old people just trying to have a relaxing walk. I love parks, there's just something about them, everyone is so happy, so friendly and the vibe you get is so special and lovely.
Y/n doesn't talk too much, she just asks me a few times if I don't mind going out with her and I assure her that I love spending time with her.
"I'm actually really glad that you decided to get out of the room. We're all worried about you, Y/n"
She moves her eyes to the ground again and I regret bringing that up immediatly.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad" I add, taking her hand.
Surprinsingly, she holds my hand too. She doesn't look at me, but I manage to hear her voice.
"I just miss him so much..."
I squize her hand and my heart breaks again when I feel the pain in her voice.
"I know, doll. But I know that he would want you to be strong and smile and I'm sure that if there is a Heaven for real, he is now screaming at us for holding hands" I smile, hoping that I'll make her laugh. "And if we see a knife flying around the Tower one day, trying to stab me, we will know for sure that it's Tony"
I hear her slowly laugh. She finally looks at me and she squints her eyes, as if she tries to read my mind. But then I realize that she can actually do that, so I panic, trying to not think of anything that might offend her or make her sad.
"I'm sure that you two would have gotten to be friends at some point" she says.
I furrow my brows, doubt all over my face.
"Okay, maybe not friends, but at least work together peacefully" she laughs again.
"Yeah... Maybe" I say, laughing too.
We keep walking while holding hands and at some point she sees an ice cream truck and I can see her eyes shinning with desire.
I let go of her hand and go to the truck, asking the guy for a (favorite flavour) ice cream, knowing that it's Y/n's favorite.
When I give her the ice cream she looks so happy, it warms me to see her like this after so much time. It's like she's finally becoming herself again.
We sit on a bench and we make small talks until she finishes her ice cream. When we get ready to return to the Tower I notice that she has a little bit of ice cream left on her cheek so I try to remove it. She blushes, trying to get it herself, but she only makes everything more weird, so she just lets me manage it.
"Done" I smile, but I don't take my hand away.
She doesn't say anything, bur she rests her head on my hand, closing her eyes. My thumb draws little circles on her cheek.
Then I realize how important she really is to me, how she was the one that offered me a chance even after she found out that I killed her parents, she saw the good in me, she trusted me. I can't lose her, I don't want her to be alone or to suffer ever again. I want to be next to her, to love her, to protect her, to make her laugh all the time.
So I kiss her. Because I want her to know all of that. Maybe she read my mind and she already knows it, but then I want her to feel it. Her lips are soft and cold, because of the ice cream. She tastes like (favorite flavour). She kisses me back. I can feel the desire and the passion in her kiss, in her every move. Both my hands hold her cheeks, keeping her close. Her hands move to my hair, grabbing it.
After a while we have to stop to get some air. I can't stop smilling and she looks just as happy as me.
"We should head back to the Tower" she finally says.
"Yeah-yeah, sure"