Loki Odinson (Marvel Cinematic Universe) - Part 1

You being Loki's girlfriend and Loki dying by the hand of Thanos, supposedly, while you were pregnant with his son. Now, 5 years later, after raising Keir on your own, you find out by accident that Loki is actually alive.

You take the book that the old lady said she wasn't interested in buying anymore and check its name. "The History of Salem". You don't even want to know why was the lady looking after such a book. You just take it back to the shelf it belongs on.
You've been working at this library since Loki passed away. It isn't the most rewarding job, but it's enough for you to offer Keir a good life. He's such a good boy. He's got so much of Loki in him. He has his blue eyes and raven hair, his intelligence, his mischievious character. Sometimes it hurts you to see Keir resembling Loki so much. It's impossible to move over his death if you have a mini-Loki running around the house.
You check the clock on the wall and you see that you have one more hour left until you can go back home to your baby boy. You're so lucky that you have the Avengers to help you at least a little bit. Wanda, Steve and Thor have been babysitting Keir everytime you needed them to and you are greatful to them for that.
As you put the book back on the shelf, you hear footsteps coming towards you.
"Excuse me, miss. Could you please help me find a book?" someone asks from behind.
"Sure, can you tell me the title of..." you turn around to face the person, just to feel your knees getting weak. Your eyes widen in shock.
"Loki...?"
He immediately stops speaking and his jaw drops. It is Loki. Now you're sure. His raven long hair tied in a bun, his blue eyes looking at you with sadness. You feel your knees getting weak.
"Y/n... I-I don't... How have you been?" he finally asks.
Anger grows inside you, pulsing through your veins. Before you can even think about it, you slap his with all your strenght. You stop yourself from slapping him again, even though you really want to.
"You dissapear for five years. FIVE YEARS, LOKI! And then you just show up in front of me, BY ACCIDENT, and the first thing you ask me is how I've been doing?!" you scream, ignoring everyone's eyes staring at you.
"I'm sorry, Y/n... I know-" he tries to say, but you shout again.
"No, you know what? Let me answer your question, Loki. I've been doing terrible. I'm a wreck. I thought you died, Loki, for fuck's sake! I mourned you for five years, I tried to move over for Keir, for our baby boy, but truth be told, I AM NOT OKEY!".
Tears start rolling down you cheeks. You feel so much anger towards him, for being God knows where for five years, while you struggled so much. But at the same time you know that the tears that you shed are relieving one, you're relieved to see him alive, you're happy. You thought you would never see him ever again. You missed him so much that it hurt you physically.
"Where have you been?" you ask, you voice finally calm, but full of dissapointment.
He looks at you, visibly shaken by your words, but then a small smile appears on his face.
"You named him Keir, as I wished"
Of course you gave your boy the name Loki wanted for him. You wanted to keep Loki's legacy alive, you wanted people to know that Keir is the son of a powerful God, you wanted a piece of Loki still alive, not knowing that it will actually end up hurting you.
"Answer my question, Loki" you know that he read your mind, most probably, so you go back to your curiosity.
"Y/n, don't you think this discussion requiers a better place and atmosphere? Maybe somewhere private?"
"I have to work, Loki. I can't just leave like that" you answer.
"Then let me take you out for dinner tonight" he tries to take your hand, but you draw your hand away from his. Sadness reappears in his eyes.
"I have to go back home to Keir after work" you roll your eyes.
You go back to work, feeling a little bit dizzy and wanting to move over the argument, over the moment. You want the shock to go away, at least for a few moments. It's suffocating you.
"Loki, if you don't want to explain me, it's fine. But then I want you out of my life completly. And I don't ever want Keir to know this ever happened. He doesn't need to know that his father is actually alive, but didn't care enough to come visit him once in 5 damn years. And I don't need you to play your stupid games on me" you inform him, your voice ice cold.
You walk away from him, but you hear his footsteps rapidly approaching you. He grabs your arm and you see tears in his eyes.
"It hurts me too, Y/n! I woke up a few days after the Thanos incident not remembering a single thing. I didn't know anything, not even my name. And then he found me again. He took me, locked me up..."
Something shines in his eyes, but you can't quite recall what it is. Could it be fear? Pain? You never saw that weird glimmer before. He struggles to talk, to explain, but no words come out.
"I could show you, better" he finally says, grabbing your other arm and closing his eyes.
You already know what's going to happen when the green glow shows up around his hands so you just close your eyes too, letting Loki's memories in, grating them acces.
You see him being tortured, being in pain, beaten up, kept in chains, used as a weapon or slave by Thanos, all while Loki was struggling to get his memories back.
When Loki let's go of you, the images dissapear, but nothing could ever erase them from your mind. You're shaking and Loki holds you.
"By the time I got my memories back and Thanos was finally gone, almost three years had passed since he supposedly killed me. I assumed everyone moved over my death, including you. I didn't want to come back and ruin everything for you and Keir. I'm so sorry, Y/n. You have no idea how much it hurt me to stay away from you, how much I missed you, how many times I wanted to come back to you..."
"Loki..." there are no right words to be said after all that you just found out.
But now you know, you are ready to offer him a second shot.