Dream/Clay (Minecraft Youtuber/Streamer) - Part 1

You’re a pretty recent Twitch streamer, going by the username of “Purbear”, who has gained 10.000 subscribers fast, by playing Minecraft on stream with anyone that challenged you to a 1v1 match. You haven’t lost a single match since you started this challenge, two months ago. Given your sudden fame and your shockingly amazing skills, you receive an email from a representative of the Minecraft Championship: an invitation to their next event. At the bottom of the email, you see the names of your teammates – Dream, GeorgeNotFound and Sapnap.

You hear the familiar “ping” sound coming from your computer to let you know a new email has been received. You spin around as you sit in your chair in front of your desk, in order to open the email. Ignoring the spam of messages and notifications coming from Twitter and Instagram, as your “fans” flood your socials with messages, comments, and likes, you manage to get to the email. The sender is written in caps lock, making your heart skip a beat. “MINECRAFT CHAMPIONSHIP”, followed by the little title of the email – “Invitation :)”.

Hand shaking on your mouse, you open the email, to read what you thought you would never get to read yourself. Your eyes frenetically look around the text, as you try to comprehend the words.

“Congratulations, Purbear!

We have followed your progress during the last 2 months with great interest and appreciation. You have managed to prove your amazing skills that would pose a threat to even the best Minecraft champions out there in a noticeably short period of time.

This being said, it would be our immense pleasure if you could join us for the very first Minecraft Championship event in the second season – MCC 14. Your teammates for this edition of the MCC will be GeorgeNotFound, Sapnap and Dream. Go, Red Bees!

We would love to know your answer to our invitation through a reply at this email and we hope to see you in a month, as a participant at the Minecraft Championship Season 2.

All the best,

MCC Developers.”

You stare at your computer screen for the following 20 minutes or so, your eyes already burning from the insistent exposure to the light of the screen. Did you really just get an invitation to THE Minecraft Championship? Where all the best Minecraft players compete against each other? The developers actually saw you as a good contestant for their private competition. Pride fills up your body, up to the point where you can feel your skin heat up.

You suddenly click the reply button and type your answer faster than you ever typed in your life. “It would be my pleasure to participate at the MCC. Thank you for this opportunity”. As soon as you get the confirmation that your email was sent, you pick up your phone and move from your chair to the bed. You go on Twitter and happily announce your followers of the news you just got.

purbear@purbearsneeze

just received the best invitation ever. see you at mcc14! :) 

Notifications blow up on your phone, as everyone seems excited to have a new contestant at the MCC. When the developers announce the first team for the first MCC of the new season, your team – Red Bees – and everyone sees your teammates, you gain around 100 new followers and subscribers in less than 5 minutes.

You do know who George and Sapnap are. And how could you not know Dream, the famous Minecraft speedrunner? You always watch their videos – especially Dream’s. They are part of the reason why you finally gained the courage to start streaming yourself a couple of months ago, but you never actually thought you would end up on the same team as them. They’re practically legends in the Minecraft field.