Loki (Mythology Based) - Part 2

As the days seem to only become shorter, not allowing you and Loki enough time together, you stick to your training, every single day. Loki actually starts to open up towards you, telling you about his mom and his life as a Jötunn.

You don't stop practicing this new spell you taught Loki, while he tells you about his village and how his people are raised, what their beliefs are and how he got to be Odin's blood brother.

"So Jötunns as in... Frost Giants?" you timidly ask, tilting your head.

You remember your father telling you about the Giants and how they were savage creatures, who needed to be put in their place. But then again, Odin feels the need to put everyone in their place – which is under his foot.

"Ah, the term 'giants' is actually pretty stupid" Loki giggles, looking at you, his hands in his air, trying to replicate your movements. "As you can see, I am the same size as you. Maybe a bit taller, which seems to work out perfectly" he winks.

Truth be told, you knew Frost Giants weren't actually these gigantic creatures roaming around Jötunheimr. Books said a lot about these "Frost Giants", but none of them actually referred to them as huge monsters. Only Odin did.

"You have so many beautiful stories of your home, and yet you decided to come here and fool Odin. Why?" you genuinely ask, ignoring the fact that Loki wasn't even trying to make the spell work.

Loki simply shrugs, blowing one strand of hair out of his eye.

"I was bored."

You raise a brow, questioning if that is the actual reason he came to Asgard. He seems to open up to you, but never quite all the way, still leaving some walls between the two of you. But this isn't the time, nor the place to be pushing him for more answers.

"Are you bored of the lesson too, or why did you stop?" you ask, suddenly changing your whole demeanor, becoming the strict teacher that taught him more magic in a few weeks than you learnt in several years. "Come on, Loki, at this rate you're never going to be able to move that rock. Telekinesis is an important step in magic!"

Loki rushes to raise his hands again, directing them at the stone you place a few meters away from him, when you told him he was going to have to move it closer to him.

Suddenly you hear a giggle coming from him, and you stare at him in confusion, wondering what's on his mind again.

"You know, there's a lot more telekinesis could do, other than move stones around"

The mischief in his voice is impossible to ignore. It sends shivers down your spine, as you don't know what to expect from the trickster. Pranks and jokes are his favorite activity, never being able to withstand himself. You learnt to recognize it in his voice and his behavior when he is about to play one prank, so you could prepare yourself.

You defensively take a step away from him, not knowing what to expect from him, whether it was a shapeshift approaching, or just a stupid joke, or maybe another illusion – which is your fault for teaching him.

"Like what?" you cautiously ask.

Just as you finish asking the question, you feel the energy of magic surrounding you. Powerful magic, like you haven't felt before in anyone else other than yourself. Loki turns to face you, his familiar smirk plastered on his face. The strings of magic latch onto you, not allowing you to move and pulling you closer to him.

As much as you arrogantly like to think that Loki success is all because of you, you can't deny that a lot of his progress is due to his unexpected talent. It's like he was born to make magic, like the magic itself feels more comfortable around him.