Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part 2

You awake at the feeling of the grey, weak sunlight gently warming your face. Slowly opening your eyes, realization hits you: you’re not home anymore. The fancy room is the first hint, and then even the sun feels different. On Kashyyyk the sun is way more powerful. The sun on Coruscant is seemingly asking for help, as if it’s about to slowly fade away and die. 
“Well this isn’t really the kind of thoughts I would like to wake up to” you chuckle, trying to forget the sad image of the dying sun. 
Despite your maid’s advices to wait for a member of the Jedi Council or the Senate to pick you up from your room, you decide to leave on your own and discover more of the huge building. You’ve never really been the kind of person to listen to what the others told you, but you were never reckless enough to put yourself or the others in danger. 
You slowly stroll down the hallway, admiring the beauty of every marble wall and old vase. Back home, even the biggest building is about a quarter of this compound and every single building is made of hay, wood and clay. Living with the Wookies has stopped you from advancing in any kind of technology, since they are extremely connected to the tropical woods on the planet and every living creature in them. 
Obi-Wan used to love the beauty of the nature and how free he felt in the woods. You always used to join him when he was training between the huge trees. It was mesmerizing to watch, as if the wind, the grass and the sunlight were guiding him, talking to him. 
You don’t even notice a figure running down the hallway, right in your direction. Not before the two of you bump into each other and a strong hand tangles around your waist, keeping you steady on your feet. 
“Ah, Senator Y/L/N! I was actually looking for you!” an unknown voice speaks.
You curiously raise your eyes to meet the ones of your “savior”. His face doesn’t ring any bells, but it’s the eyes that help you recognize him. 
“Anakin? Is that you?” you ask, smiling at him. 
He takes a step back, uncomfortably coughing and straightening the Jedi robes he’s wearing. He doesn’t seem to recognize you though, but it is understandable, considering he was a small child when you met. 
“How do you know me?” he lets the question slip.
“I would never forget those confident eyes of yours” you chuckle, feeling like an old lady. “We met years ago, when Master Qui-Gon took you under his wing.” you explain.
The memory seems to be painful to Anakin, as if you awoke a long-forgotten ghost inside of his heart. You immediately regret mentioning Qui-Gon’s name. You never actually thought how painful it must have been for Anakin and Obi-Wan to lose their mentor.
“Anyway…” Anakin finally talks. “Master Obi-Wan has asked for you in the hangar.”
“The hangar? Why?” you ask, furrowing your brows in confusion. 
“He will tell you. Now please follow me, Senator.”
You follow Anakin on the long corridors, thinking about how you wouldn’t be able to return to your chambers if you lost Anakin now, despite trying to memorize every turn you took. 
When you finally enter the hangar, you see clones running around, getting their armors and helmets on, choosing their weapons of preference, checking their ships one last time. They’re preparing for a fight. The whole image is distressing. 
But somehow, between all that crowded mess, you manage to find the one familiar figure you’ve been desperately looking for. Obi-Wan is talking to one of the clones, explaining the plan of attack. A grey, tight armor, with a red sign of the Republic painted on the left arm is taking the place of his beige, elegant robes. He notices you approaching and turns around to face you, a sad smile on his face. 
“Obi, what’s happening?” you ask, feeling the urge to hug him, but holding it back. 
“I’m sorry, Y/n, we shouldn’t have asked you to come here…” he speaks, his voice shaking. “The rebel base on Kashyyyk is under Separatist attack.”
The news hit you like a punch in your face. Your face turns white like the snow and everything seems to come down crashing on you. Obi-Wan notices and hurries to help you, holding a steady hand around your waist and ordering a clone to bring you some water. 
The Separatists have been waiting for you to leave the base, to leave them missing a leader, disorganized, so they could attack. And you fell right into their trap. You left your home to be destroyed. 
Obi-Wan helps you sit down and kneels in front of you, resting a reassuring hand on your knee. He even holds the cup of water to your mouth to make sure you drink some. Only after the red in your cheeks returns and he makes sure you feel a little better, he speaks again:
“I am going there right now, Y/n. I am going to stop them, I promise you!” he assures you. 
You slowly wipe a few droplets of sweat off your forehead and then you finally look at Obi-Wan, the fear and shock in your chest being replaced by determination and anger. He smiles at you, but you’re not sure if it’s to calm you down or because he enjoys seeing you so determined. 
“I want to come with you” you say with a hoarse voice. 
He looks at you, a warm look in his eyes as he gets back on his feet, holding his hand out for you to take. As soon as he helps you up too, he gestures for a clone to bring a more sophisticated and feminine armor. 
“I know. I prepared everything, so you could join us” he winks at you, making your heart flutter. “I could never let you wait here, stressing out, blaming yourself. I still know you, Y/n, and I know you’re a fighter.” 
As you proudly place the chest plate of the armor over your clothes, Obi-Wan helps you with the arm and legs protectors. His hands are shaking ever so slightly, which takes your mind away from the worries about your home planet. You stare at him, furrowing your brows in concern, trying to make him talk to you.
When your signals don’t seem to work on Obi-Wan, him keeping himself busy with your armor, you decide to directly ask him:
“What’s wrong?”
He shoots his eyes up, as if he forgot you were there. He seems worried, even panicked, which makes your heart ache. The only moment you ever saw him like that was when he found out that he and his master had to fight Darth Maul. And his fear was justified. Obi-Wan is not the one to fear a fight. Only if it’s actually a death sentence.
“Why do you think there’s something wrong?” he questions, a quizzical look on his face.
“You’re not the only one that hasn’t forgotten, Obi. I still know you too” you answer, slowly moving your hand towards his face, to move a strand of rebel hair that is covering his right eye.
Obi-Wan closes his eyes in expectation, to welcome your touch. But you notice a few clones and even Anakin staring right at you, so you take your hand back, not wanting to create any trouble for Obi-Wan. He is left expecting your touch and when he never feels it, he opens his eyes, disappointment visible in them.
“I just don’t want anything to happen to you, Y/n…” he whispers, desperation creeping in his voice. “I can’t lose you too.”
His answer leaves you speechless. You always thought that Obi-Wan never missed you like you had missed him, in such a deep and breathless manner. But the pain in his eyes is proof that you were wrong.
“You won’t lose me, Obi. Not ever again” you assure him. “I will always…”
“General Kenobi, it’s time to leave!” a clone interrupts you.
Obi-Wan simply snaps out of his emotional state, returning to his serious and respectable one.
“Thank you, Cody. We will be right there in a few moments” he announces.
He then goes over to Anakin, placing a hand on his shoulder. You can’t really hear what they are saying, but you’re pretty sure that it is something along the lines of “be careful” and “return safely”.
As soon as he finishes his talk with Anakin, Obi-Wan rushes to your side, guiding you to your sit on the ship. He sits next to you as the loud engines boom in the hangar, making it almost impossible to hear anything at all.
Everyone is silent for the first part of the flight, the stress and fear suffocating all of you. Obi-Wan is scratching his chin in a thoughtful way. He used to do that as a teenager too, whenever he was lost in thoughts or to stressed to even talk. You smile at his gesture and you slowly move closer to his sit, waking him from his trance. He shows a weak smile when you place your hand on his leg in a comforting manner.
“What’s the Force saying?” you ask, already knowing the answer.
“The darkness is lurking from the corner. I just can’t manage to find out when it will hit. I need to know, so I can protect the Council, Anakin and… and you” he ends, looking right into your eyes.
“Obi-Wan, you can’t put all that on your shoulders. You’re doing your best, you’re here with me and I never felt safer in my life” you wink, making him chuckle.
You wince when you feel his hand rest over yours, not expecting to feel his warm touch. He questions you using his eyes, but then he feels you relax. Sometimes words were not needed for the two of you to understand each other. Your connection was always strong. Obi-Wan used to say that the Force wanted him to meet you, that it was predestined. You loved it when he said that, it felt so much better than any other kind of compliment you were ever offered.
“I’m so sorry, Y/n… for leaving, for never explaining anything, for just abandoning you like that. I was selfish and hurt back then and after I came back to my senses, I was so embarrassed of my actions. I couldn’t return to you. I felt as if I didn’t deserve you, as if you were better off without me in your life” he speaks, not taking a single breath in between sentences.
The tears in his eyes become visible, making your eyes widen in shock. You use your free hand to wipe the tears from his eyes and to make him look at you, so he can understand you when you say:
“My life will never be better without you in it” you state, not caring about the eyes that are fixated on you anymore. “And I was never mad at you. Just confused and lonely, but then I knew that if it really was like you used to say, the Force would bring us together again. And it did” you smile.
Before Obi-Wan gets to say anything else, the ship lands on the familiar land of Kashyyyk. As soon as the trapdoor of the ship opens, the warm and wet air hits your nostrils, making your body instantly relax. But this isn’t the time to relax and feel safe. The fight is about to begin. If you ever want to feel this incomparable air in your lungs, you must save your home today.
“General, we’re here” Cody announces.
Both you and Obi-Wan sit up, still holding hands, fingers interlinked in a caring way, offering you the safety of his touch. You’re the last ones in the ship and when you finally take the first step outside, you drag Obi-Wan back, crashing your lips onto his, in a short but passionate kiss. Your first kiss, that you have been waiting to experience for years.
Obi-Wan is left completely dumbstruck, his eyes still closed even after you take a step back from him. He then slowly opens them, bewilderment taking over them. You chuckle, waking away from him, towards the clones.
“For good luck” you yell, without looking back.
But then you turn around to look at him and wink when you add:
“And to make sure you survive this battle, so you come back for the rest of it.”

*Author's Notes*
Made myself sad writing this, but i'm still kinda proud of it, so i hope you enjoyed it.