Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars) - Part 1

You're a diplomat, a politician. The Clone Wars has a direct effect on you, and you made it your mission to end it as soon as possible. You came to Coruscant prepared to protect and politically fight for your home planet, Naboo. What you weren't prepared for was falling in love with a Jedi, which was forbidden.  

As a kid you always used to have dreams regarding your life as an adult, your future. Your dreams used to be filled with color, happiness; they used to be much easier than they turned out to be. You never liked politics, but you turned out to be good at it. Becoming the Queen of Naboo at such an early age only proved to you that life was way harder than you expected and that the expectations you had as a kid were farfetched and unrealistic. The responsibilities you had ever since you were around 15 years old turned you into an adult way faster than normal, snatching the idea of a normal childhood from you. But somehow you don’t regret it, you like to think that this was your destiny, that you must do the best you can from the position of a Senator to stop the war.  
And even though your dreams of having a colorful, magical adulthood got lost in between negotiations, deaths, political matters and loads of paperwork, you did manage to find your little ray of sunshine in the most unexpected place. You didn’t plan to find the love of your life when you came to Coruscant. As a kid you always heard about the famous Jedi and how they are the peacekeepers of the galaxy, but when the war started, and they became warriors, you began to despise them. They failed at the only thing they were supposed to do, and they caused the Clone Wars, that stole so much from you and many others.  
Nevertheless, the moment you met Anakin Skywalker you knew he was different. He didn’t think like a normal Jedi, he didn’t agree with their rules. And while, through him, you discovered other Jedi that became your close friends, like Ahsoka and Obi-Wan, none of them compared to Anakin.  
But your love had to be a secret, even to his master and his Padawan. It was forbidden for a Jedi to fall in love. It didn’t matter to you, as long as you could have him alongside you. The marriage was his idea, he proposed to you after a year of relationship. Of course, that had to be a secret too, but you’d be lying if you said you didn’t enjoy the adrenaline of keeping everything from everyone’s eyes.  
As you sit behind your desk and rewrite your speech for tomorrow’s meeting, you notice just how many ripped and wrapped pieces of paper sit all around you, on the floor and desk. You sigh and get up to collect all the failed attempts to write the speech and throw them into a trash bin.  
Your maid rushes to help you and you nod to her, as to thank her. Just when you stretch to place the last piece of paper into the bin, the door slowly opens, after a gentle knock is heard.  
A wide smile spreads all over your face when you realize the figure that entered the room is Anakin. His eyes run around the room and his face goes blank as soon as he spots your maid.  
“Senator, I was sent to check on you” he bluntly speaks.  
“It’s a pleasure to see you, General” you keep the role game going. “You can leave us, thank you” you warmly inform your maid.  
As soon as the door closes behind your maid, Anakin takes a step closer to you and places a gentle peck on your lips. You can’t help but smile when his lips brush over yours. You get to taste them all the time, but you never get tired of them.  
He then slowly walks towards your desk, and you can hear him chuckle when he notices the pyramid of paper balls that’s raising from the trash bin. Anakin playfully throws himself on your chair and spins a few times with it until you can tell he’s getting dizzy. Sometimes you forget that you’re older than him. It is this kind of moments that remind you of that. But it doesn’t bother you. You kind of enjoy his silly side.   
“How’s the speech going?” he asks, even though he knows the answer.  
“Not well, I’ve been working on it the whole night” you inform Anakin, while unprofessionally sitting on your desk.  
Anakin takes your most recent speech in his hands. He silently asks you, through his eyes, if he can read it. You nod and you can see Anakin’s eyes analyzing the paper immediately after that. His brows furrow in one straight, serious line while he reads it.  
Anakin places the paper on the desk again and moves his hands over your knees, tenderly moving his thumb over the dress that is covering your feet.  
“Maybe you shouldn’t be so aggressive in the speech. They won’t like feeling attacked by another Senator” he explains.  
“Ani, I’m so close to convincing the whole Senate to stop the creation of more clones. I just need them to vote against creating more clones, so the Emperor agrees to it. They must see I’m sure of it and that it’s a good idea” 
He smiles at you. Every time Anakin listens to you talking politics, he can’t help but feel so proud of you and so lucky to have you. And even though he doesn’t agree with this vote, as the clones are necessary, he will always support and help you. 
“The opposition will use the fact that we have no guarantee the Separatists will stop producing droids when we stop creating clones, so we will be left with no army in front of the enemy. Find something to counterattack this and you’ll win them” Ani says, now putting his chin on your knees, where his hands were just a few seconds ago.  
The tickling feeling is soothing, so you move your hands into his long hair, carefully stroking it. You know he loves the feeling, so when he closes his eyes in order to enjoy the feeling better, you chuckle.  
“Thank you, Ani, this is really helpful” you add after a few moments, not sure if you’re referring to his advice or to having him here.  
“Anything for you, my love” he answers, his head still resting on your lap.  
But then the door suddenly opens to reveal Ahsoka, Anakin’s teenage Padawan. Anakin moves away from you as fast as you can, while you jump on your feet, moving in front of the desk, embarrassed.  
Ahsoka seems shocked, so you can only assume that she got to see the two of you. You can feel your heart beating faster and louder. You're almost scared that they’ll be able to hear it. Anakin gets up from your chair in a serious manner, a cold figure taking the place of the warm one you always see when he’s with you. He has to play his role and act like a master and a Jedi knight, not your husband.  
His Padawan can see the look in his eyes and immediately understands what he means, so she suddenly smiles and acts as if nothing happened. You always admired the connection between Anakin and Ahsoka. It was nothing like any other Master-Padawan relationship you had ever seen. Ahsoka looked up to Anakin, but she was also not afraid to tell him if she didn’t agree with him. And even though Anakin never admitted it loudly, he loves her and sees her as his little sister.  
You also got to spend a lot of time with Ahsoka and you two grew really close, until you could actually tell her everything. Except the fact that you are married to her master. But anyway, you started to see her as your own little sister.  
“What happened, Snips?” Anakin seriously asks Ahsoka.  
“Palpatine wants to see you” she informs Ani.  
She then looks at you and winks, which makes you chuckle in relief, because you know she won’t tell a word to anyone. She is a good kid. Anakin rest his forehead in his hand in annoyance, which gets Ahsoka’s attention.  
“I told you before, call him ‘Emperor Palpatine’. He has a status, Snips. He's not our friend, he’s our superior” Anakin explains. “I’m sorry, Senator, I’ll have to go. I can’t wait to hear your speech tomorrow” he says, turning to look at you. 
Anakin starts moving towards the exit, Ahsoka behind him, closely following him. 
“Well, he is not here to hear how I call him” she explains herself. 
"It does not matter. It's called respect, Ahsoka. You should learn it” 
“What is that supposed to mean, Master? That is not fair-” Ahsoka yells.  
Their little heated conversation can be heard until the door closes behind them, leaving you laughing behind. You sit back at your desk, motivated to end your speech. Anakin’s presence helped you a lot.  
While your hand moves with no problem on the paper, you can’t help but smile at how perfectly imperfect your life is right now. Nothing can ruin this.  

*Author's note*
Looks like we're finally up to date. This is the most recent update i've posted on my instagram account (@iilghtsxber). So this one is on-going. I've started writing the second part already, hope i'll finish it soon.