Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars) - Part 1

You, a Force sensitive Rebel fighter who has never been trained in the arts of the Jedi, find yourself in the situation where you have a new recruit for your trading war goods network. The only issue with this recruit is that you feel something about him, and you have a vague idea what it is, which only makes you instantly despise him.

The smell of oil and burnt tires is almost suffocating, but during the years of being exposed to it constantly you got so used to it that you didn't even feel the difference when you left your scrawny home in the morning to go to work.

Working as a mechanic was never your dream job - it was never your plan to scrub your hands until they bleed to remove the oil from them and to have your hair constantly reek of exhaust gases. But when the Empire rose to power, turning the hopes of Republic and democracy ever returning to dust, you rushed to get the first job you could.

It just so happens that working as a mechanic means meeting a lot of new people, from all over the galaxy, clearing a path for you to hear news from every corner of every planet. That just made it easier for you to join the Rebellion as the main link on Tatooine. The network is huge and during the years you managed to surround yourself with trustful people, setting some kind of secret headquarters in your garage.

Your main concern was smuggling any kind of weapons and spaceship parts you could get your hands on to the Rebellion. It was mostly an easy job, making it almost impossible for you to become a target or ever raise any questions around town.

The only problem is that you have another secret and you're absolutely sure it's going to be your downfall. It is just a matter of time until someone finds you.

You set your gloves on the counter, sighing with frustration at the speeder in front of you. It was used to transport spice all over the planet for the past years, since the Republic fell, but there is no way it's ever going to do the same thing.

"Y/n, we have someone new, I need your help here" Tusk, your trusty friend, says, certainly referring to a new recruit for the Rebellion.

Not remembering ever spreading the word of your network around town, you confusedly follow them to this mysterious new person.

You're met with the view of what seems like an average citizen of Tatooine looking for work. Except this man in front of you isn't looking for normal work, he isn't looking for a job as a mechanic, he's here to join the Rebellion.

His beige poncho seems to be covering most of his body, which isn't something abnormal on Tatooine. Sandstorms are the order of the day, so ponchos, protective scarfs or googles are a must. You notice a few hair strands that have fallen on his shoulders. You can't blame him for not seeing them though, because his blonde hair is harder to spot on the beige color. He has a thick beard covering his chin and prolonging into a moustache.

He has his arms crossed in front of his chest, as if in a defensive position, but you soon realize it's a pensive one instead. His right hand raises to comb through his hair and then proceeds to pick at his beard.

But behind his physique there is something else. And it's bugging you, feeling almost like a crown of pressure around your temples.

"Boss, this is Ben. He says he could be of help to our...'cause'" Tusk interrupts your train of thoughts, making you frown.

This Ben makes a step closer to you, extending the hand that was combing his beard towards you. You resist the urge to take a step back, as you feel like this man can't be trusted. Not yet at least.

"It is a pleasure to meet you..." he hesitates, expecting you to finish his sentence by introducing yourself.

"Y/n" you indulge him, but you don't shake his hand.

He smiles, despite obviously cringing at the situation. He retracts his hand and goes back to picking at his beard.

"Right, Y/n... Thank you for welcoming me here, I believe I can help you expand your network..."

"Woah, woah, slow down there, fella. I didn't welcome you here yet" you interrupt him, making Tusk wince. "Tusk, could you please give us a moment? Thank you for your help" you ask them, trying to spare them of this conversation and its embarrassing complications.

Tusk nods and they rush to leave the garage, leaving you alone with Ben. The feeling from before becomes stronger now that it's only the two of you in the room. It makes your heart sink to your stomach when he approaches you again. The pressure is now heavier around your head, and you feel like your skull is going to burst open.

"Look, I understand your hesitance. It shows that you're a good leader and you know how to protect your people here. Give me a chance to prove myself though" he pleads slowly, making the pressure slightly fade away.

You look into his blue eyes, and you see pain, years of guilt, death, destruction behind them. Goosebumps take over you as you suddenly understand what it is that you feel around him, and it makes you suddenly hate him.

"Look, Ben, I get that you want to help, but right now we're not looking for any recruits" you struggle to keep it professional, as you're smart enough to know to never make any enemies.

Ben tilts his head, visibly confused.

"Isn't the whole purpose of a Rebellion group to convince as many people join as possible?" he asks, trying to reason with you.

He makes a good point, and you think that there is no plausible reason for which you would refuse his help. But despite all that, you simply can't trust him. The Rebellion needs all the help it can get at this point, but what would be the point of it if there will be no Rebellion to support because of him joining it?

"Okay, listen to me, Ben" you look at him seriously, as he smiles at you, knowing he won the argument, but giving you the chance to be the boss. "You can join us, but I don't trust anything about you, so I'll be closely watching your every step. Make one wrong move, and I'll execute you myself."

Ben raises his hands in defense, still smiling. He seems amused by your worry and your attempted threat. What he doesn't know is that you really are deadlier than you look. But it's better to have him believe that you're harmless for now.

You turn to leave for the door, but his voice stops you.

"Can I ask you why is it that you refuse to trust me so vehemently?" he genuinely asks in curiosity.

A sigh escapes your lips as your hand raises to massage your forehead in annoyance. But there is something telling you that you should be honest and, as if you no longer had a conscience of your own, you catch yourself telling him the truth.

"You reek of the Force" you spit out, disgustedly. "That can only mean one thing and I want nothing to do with you Jedi."

Ben's smile grows wider, and his eyes betray his surprise. But he also seems relieved to hear you admit it. He follows you at the door and posts himself in front of you, looking down at your face features. He can obviously tell it wasn't your original plan to admit your thoughts, but he's glad the Force guided you to do so.

"I can feel it all around you too. It protects you. I can teach you to embrace it" he suggests, honesty plastered on his face.

"And become a coward, corrupt Jedi like you? No, thank you. Good night, Ben" you rush to answer, repulsed by his attempt to offer his teachings.

Your hatred for the Jedi goes back to before the Republic fall. It is deeply implanted in you and it's not your plan to start working on it now. They were supposed to be protectors, but they became soldiers that served a purpose that proved to be plagued. They let innocent people die for their orders, they played a huge role in the Empire's rising and there's no way you could believe that they didn't know what they were doing.

He leans against the wall, watching you rush to leave and a sad smile becomes visible from under his moustache.

"The Jedi have fallen a long time ago. I am no Jedi, I am no one" he states, barely audible, probably because he didn't actually want you to hear him.

"Good then. We're all no ones here" you scoff as you walk away from him, leaving him alone in the dark, filthy workshop.

*Author's Note*
Something shorter that I randomly wrote during class haha. Probably gonna have only 2 parts in total