Kylo Ren (Star Wars) - Part 1

You are Leia and Han's daughter. Kylo Ren is your older brother. After Kylo kills your father, you join the Resistance, determined to destroy the First Order, determined to avenge your father and every death that your brother and the Order have caused.
But how can you fight against your own brother, the person you trusted the most and you loved the most, the person you grew up wanting to be like?

Sometimes you wonder if anything would have changed if you were there when it happened. Would you have felt Luke's unwise decision to enter Ben's room? Would you have known about your uncle's doubts towards your brother? Would you have managed to stop Ben from killing so many pupils and turning the rest to the Dark Side?
These question have been tormenting you for the past years, since Ben, your older brother, turned to the Dark Side. Or should you call him Kylo Ren, since that's the name he goes by now? His Sith name. But you would never be able to call him that name. It sends shivers down your spine.
You love your brother deeply and when the news of him turning to the Dark Side came out, you felt like your whole world broke into pieces. It was even harder for your parents to get used to the fact that their son wasn't who they thought he was.
Leia and Han had always been really harsh to Ben. They wanted him to train daily, to become a prestigious Jedi. The Force was strong in him and Leia felt that from the moment he was born. They were both proud of him and they wanted the best future for him, so Ben grew up with your parents always expecting him to be the best.
When you were born, your mother knew that the Force wasn't that strong in you. But Han and Leia never loved you less than they loved your brother. They just didn't put as much pressure on you as they put on Ben.
Ben spent most of his free time with you. Your relationship was great, you never fought like other siblings, you always shared everything, laughed together, told each other everything. Your brother always protected you and wanted you to be happy no matter what.
Later on, you discovered that you were really good at combat and that your fighting skills were way better than your brother's. But the Force was still weak in you and when you grew up it became obvious to you too that you will never be able to become a Jedi like Ben.
As soon as Ben turned 17, your parents forced him to leave to train with Luke, your uncle. Ben didn't want to leave at all, but he didn't have a choice. You felt like you were abandoned. He wasn't allowed to be in any kind of contact with any family members or friends, so for months you had no idea how Ben was, if he was safe, if he liked the trainings. You missed him so much. You still miss him.
Now, five years later, you are part of the Resistance, alongside your mother and your best friend, Poe. You learnt how to use the Force as much as you could. You are able to read people's mind if they are close by and feel the objects around you, their vibrations, like they are alive. You are even able to move them, but it requiers a lot of energy and it gives you a terrible headache.
But you are the Resistance's best fighter, weapon master and strategist. You don't really use blasters, you crafted your own sword when you were 16, because you wanted to look as a Jedi, as much as possible. That wish faded away in time, but the sword still remained your favorite weapon.
Joining the Resistance wasn't your plan when you were a teenager, but when you found out about you father's death and the fact that your beloved brother was the one that killed him, you felt betrayed. Hatred took over you. You wanted revenge, you wanted to make sure that the First Order will fall. You still love Ben, but there is something in you that changed. There is a fear that you might have lost your big brother forever.
As you walk into your mother's office, a hollogram appears in the middle of the room. It's Poe. You hear BB-8's beeps in the background. They're running. Poe is breathing heavily.
"We got the disk, but the troopers are everywhere"
There's a break as you hear a few blasters around and stormtroopers yelling at Poe to get on his knees.
"I'm sending BB-8 with the disk and I'll take care of the stormtroopers" Poe adds, fear in his voice.
"Hold on, Poe, I'm coming! Don't you dare do anything stupid!" you yell as you run to the weapons room to take your sword and get into the first ship you see.

*Author's note*
This mini-series is one of my favorites, I worked a lot on it and I'm proud of it