Chadwick Boseman - Tribute

He did not mind the pain anymore. He had already gotten used to it by then. It was simply present. He couldn’t even imagine life without it anymore, neither did he remember how he felt before it appeared. It was a never-ending hoop, as if he were dog chasing his tail. That’s how he has chased the will to fight and survive, despite the pain and the lack of energy. He wasn’t even afraid of death at that point. It had already come to visit him, to assess its territory and help him make peace with the situation. He was not afraid of what came after death, but he was terrified of what he was leaving behind. His broken family and friends. They had been the main reason why he kept trying, kept resisting the urge to give up and rest.
The sunset was so beautiful, such a warm shade of orange, kissing the fluffy clouds. The huge cliff he was sitting at the end of, his feet slowly hanging at the edge, would normally have looked so imposing to him. But not that time. That time it looked welcoming. He wasn’t even sure if the whole scenery was real or just his imagination. All he cared about was that he finally felt at peace with himself, with the world and the destiny. The pain and sadness were slowly fading away, they were leaving his body as the rays of the sunset were taking their place, warming his body.
That was when you appeared, slowly sitting next to him, holding tears back, as you wanted him to drift off peacefully. You let your feet hang from the edge too, kindly touching his. He was not surprised to see you there. You could see him closing his eyes to let the nice, warm feeling wash over him completely.
“This is it, Y/n. It’s finally over” he whispered.
The lump in your neck was painful and so hard to hold back. But somehow you were happy for him too. Happy that he didn’t have to suffer anymore, to fight this unfair battle.
“I will miss you so much, Chadwick. And I’m not the only one. The whole world will remember you as a legend, as a man with a heart of gold. You will always be alive in our memories. Always and forever” you let him know, you voice shaking.
“Thank you.”
He smiled at you before everything became too bright to handle. You were forced to close your eyes, as one salty, cold tear ran down your cheek at the realization that it has ended. He was gone. Forever. But you will always keep him in your heart and honor his death. Honor him as a hero. 

*Author's Note*
I felt the need to honor him in a way or another, as he was one of my favorite actors ever. And this was the only way I could think of, since this is literally the thing I love doing the most and I'm good at - writing.