2. Breakfast of Champions

I woke up to arms wrapping around my waist pulling me into a hard chest.

"Good morning." Connor's voice flooded into my ear.

"I was sleeping you idiot." I groaned trying to push him away from me.

"Come on, pay attention to me." He pinched my side.

"You're just as annoying sober as you are drunk." I laughed.

"Sorry babe it's just my personality."

"How are you feeling?" I rolled over to look at him.

"Like I murdered my liver last night but I'm feeling very good right now." He smirked at me and then his hands were traveling down my body reaching for my ass.

"Connor stop." I smacked his chest.

"No fun." He stuck his tongue out but listened to me and removed his hands creating some distance between us I very much needed.

It wasn't that I didn't want Connor. I did, more than I think I even realized I could want someone. But I knew what Connor was looking for, he wanted distractions and I didn't think I could be that for him.

"Am I wearing your pants?" Connor asked standing up out of his bed.

"Yeah I had to shove them on you so you wouldn't have to walk through the party naked." I explained.

"Must have lost them when I had sex with -," he paused trying to think. "Some girl?"

"You don't know her name do you?" I laughed.

"Honestly barely remember what she looked like." He shrugged.

I just shook my head. It didn't sit well with me that he had sex when he was drunk like that. Part of me wished I could get him to stop, that anything I said would actually do something to help. But Connor was always drunk and he never seemed to listen to anything I had to say.

"Come on I need coffee." He grabbed my hand pulling me out of bed.

"You need to eat something." I reminded him.

"I will have breakfast as long as you make it for me."

He didn't even have to ask. I would do it for him anyways.

"Yeah whatever." I sighed and followed him out of his room. The common area was a lot brighter than his room and when I looked at Connor I was actually able to see just how bad he looked.

He was hot, nothing could change that but he had dark circles under his eyes and he just looked run down. Every time I saw him I just wanted to figure out a way to get him some help.

"Oh my god! You hooked up with someone last night?" Connor grabbed my face tilting it awkwardly to the side.

"What?" I asked totally confused.

"You got a hickey." His thumb rubbed against my neck softly.

It took me a second to even realize exactly how I'd gotten it. Then the memory of Connor clinging to me trying to maul my neck popped into my head and it all became very clear.

"Yeah that was from you, you dumbass." I laughed.

"What?" Connors hands dropped away from my body and he stepped back his eyes looking a little panicked.

Sometimes I didn't get Connor. He'd look at me and I swear I could see how much he cared about me. And then the other half of the time he was looking at me like he wanted to tear all my clothes off and eat me. I knew those two versions of him so well but this look that he was giving me was so different. He looked almost scared at the thought of us doing anything.

"Yeah you tried to eat my neck like a hungry tiger last night as I literally had to wrestle you into my car."

"It definitely wasn't like a hungry tiger, even drunk I have more game than that." He teased sliding back into the playful banter that seemed to be our norm.

"My neck disagrees."

"So we didn't like-," he trailed off looking at me seriously this time.

"What hookup? No you were drunk out of your mind last night, you could barely stand on your own. You know I'd never-," I wanted to say I'd never take advantage of him like that but I found it was hard to say those words out loud.

"Yeah make me breakfast?" He changed the topic walking into the kitchen.

I didn't push for anything more and decided to cook us both some eggs and toast. It didn't take too long and the second I finished and loaded up Connors plate he was digging in.

"Coffee?" He asked his mouth filled with food.

"That's disgusting." I grimaced. "You know there is this thing called doing it yourself."

"Ugh but that just doesn't sound like any fun." He smiled at me.

He was lucky I didn't just smack him. Call me his bitch but I just turned around and started to brew up some coffee for the both of us.

He must have stood up at some point because soon I could feel him standing behind me.

"Thank you Jetson." He wrapped me up in a hug from behind his words whispered into my ear.

"Yeah yeah, I'm amazing I know."

"I don't know if I'd go that far but sure." I pinched his arm in retaliation and he just laughed.

I poured him a mug of coffee and handed it over to him as I went to work on making my own mug.

"Ugh this is good." Connor sighed taking a sip.

I didn't say anything as I watched him set it down and reach to open one of the cabinets. I knew what was in there, and I knew what he was doing even before the pulled out the bottle of whiskey.

"It's not even 10:30 yet." Adam, one of Connor's roommates said walking into the kitchen taking one look at him as he poured the alcohol into his mug.

"It's the breakfast of champions." Connor grinned.

"Also the lunch of champions, the dinner of champions, and the late night snack of champions."

"Why don't you just mind your own god damn business for once. You don't see me criticizing everything you do so lay off." Connor snapped storming right past him making sure to shove his shoulder roughly into Adam.

Neither of us said anything as Connor went right back into his room slamming the door behind him.

"You shouldn't push him." I told the blond.

"The guy needs to get himself together." Adam just shook his head.

"Can we ever have a morning without you pissing someone off?" Jake walked in obviously having heard the argument.

"I was just trying to help." Adam sighed before walking off.

"God what am I going to do?" I sighed thinking out loud.

"Just give Connor some time." Jake assured me.

"Time isn't going to do anything if he keeps drinking himself to death."

"You need some pants?" Jake asked changing the conversation.

"What?" I looked down at my bare legs.

"I'm going for a wild guess that Connor has the ones you were wearing and I'll tell you right now you probably won't get them back for awhile. I can let you borrow something of mine if you want."

"Thanks." I smiled and nodded.

A/n:

I've been writing a lot for this book lately so I figured I'd give you guys another chapter. I might do some twice a week uploads but I'm not going to commit to it every week. There will be a chapter every Monday for sure and then maybe on fridays.

I've also been starting to develop an outline for a possible third book. It's something I'm excited about but I haven't begun the writing stages yet. I'm trying to completely focus on Jetson and Connor right now but I am hoping to work on one last book with these characters for you guys.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!
-Cora Leigh