33. I could do this

Connor's pov:

The second I pulled out of the lot it was over. My body moved on autopilot as I turned left, the opposite way of my house.

The decision had been made the second I sat in my car. I'd known it but still part of me thought I'd still turn right and make my way home.

I wasn't getting home just yet. I had a stop to make.

I didn't think anything could change my mind. I felt the need flowing through me. My body shook still and every second I was just getting closer to completely losing it.

Memories danced through my mind. His voice echoed in my ears. All the words he'd used against me over the years seemed to weigh me down in my seat.

I was stuck under his thumb. I always had been. He'd kept his grip on me and I was helpless to get free. No matter what I did he still won.

I was so fucking sick of it. I was done with letting him ruin my life. He didn't control me anymore.

I wouldn't let him.

That familiar anger flooded my senses and this time I let it in. I grasped it tightly and let it grow with every thought, every memory. The anger might be the one thing that might finally set me free. So I let it take over.

I hated him. That was the one thing that remained true. That hatred and anger was the only thing I let myself feel. I blocked out the words and the pain and the hands that seemed to grip too tightly.

Instead I focused on the people I cared about, the relationships I'd lost, the person I used to be. The connor who was a good friend and laughed without the need of alcohol to drown it all out. I remembered all that I had before and let myself be angry for all that I lost.

I wouldn't let anything else be taken from me.

So I drove, I didn't even slow as I went by the liquor store. It wasn't my destination, there was somewhere else that I need to go more.

A need that outweighed the need for alcohol.

Revenge.

All I wanted was revenge. I wanted him to feel the way I did. To lose all that I had. I wanted his world to fall apart and know that I was the one that did it. I wanted him to pay for everything he'd done to me.

Fuck that vile abusive pedophile. I hoped he rotted in hell for the rest of eternity.

I rode that anger right to my destination. There was no turning around now.

I parked and just stared at the building in front of me. I could do this. I could make the right decisions for once in my life. I was done letting my life fall apart around me and doing nothing about it.

I was so fucking tired of it all.

I stepped out of my car and walked right up to the door.

I could do this.

I could do this.

I did the one thing I never thought I'd be able to do, I reached forward and pulled open the door of the police station.

It was time to fight back.

I walked in with confidence, I wasn't going to let any of the nerves or that sinking feeling in my stomach make me turn around now. He'd done this to me. He'd made me feel weak and broken. He'd ruined my life and it was time I returned the favor.

"Hello, can I help you with anything?" The officer at the front desk greeted me.

"Yeah I'm here to report a crime."

Jetsons pov:

I checked and rechecked the address Connor had sent me. I had assumed I'd drive to his house or something. When he'd said he needed me I hadn't even hesitated to drop everything and make the trip. I'd driven here thinking I knew what to expect, I'd been there through a lot with Connor but now I was left surprised again.

Sitting in the police station parking lot was not how I thought my evening was going to go.

The address was correct, this is where connor had asked me to meet him. I was just about ready to dial up his number to figure out where he was when the front door to the station opened and Connor walked out.

The second I laid eyes on him I knew it was the right decision to come. His whole posture was stiff and I could see that he was starting to spiral. He scanned the lot quickly and when our eyes met I swear I saw him relax slightly at the sight of me.

I did that. Just being here was making things better for him. There was nothing else I could be doing that was more important than this.

"You came." He sounded like he was in disbelief.

I hated that he was surprised when people showed up for him. I think he believed that he's pushed too far and everyone has just given up on him. Even now as he's repairing things and trying to get better he still thinks that he's alone. I didn't know how to show him that he had a whole army of friends ready to have his back. All his roommates were back at school cheering him on from afar.

If they weren't reaching out to him directly they were asking me about how he was doing. I knew Connor had people and I just wished he would realize that.

But until then I was happy to show up over and over again for however long it took. I'd be right here by his side picking him back up whenever he fell forever if I needed to.

"You asked me to." That was all I needed for a reason.

If Connor asked I'd be there in a second.

"Thank you Jet Plane." He gave me his best smile even though I knew it was forced.

It took one second for him to step into me and basically fall into my arms. I didn't hesitate to wrap him up in a tight hug and I didn't let go even when I felt his body shake with the first sob.

A/n:

I'm feeling very inspired to write lately. I've been doing a bunch of writing for this book and I have lots of thoughts and plans for book three and for a possible fourth book which would end up being a little different. I'm not quite back to twice a week uploads but I'm hoping this inspiration continues and I can get back to that. I'm honestly just fully in the writing mood.

Also pride month is coming up soon in June and last year I wrote almost the entirety of Crossing Lines during June so I'm hoping to be able to a bunch of writing again this year. It's so crazy to me that it's almost been a year since I started this journey with these characters but I've honestly had so much fun with them and can't wait to continue to have fun as I keep writing.

I honestly just wanted to treat you all with a new chapter but it will continue to just be Friday uploads for now. Let's just hope I keep writing so I can get more chapters out for you all.

I hope you enjoy this chapter!
-Cora Leigh