50. A Jet Plane ride

"We can leave if you want." I feel like I've said those words a million times in the last ten minutes.

I couldn't help it. I think I was more worried about this than Connor was. He didn't seem to be on edge at all. He barely even blinked as we walked into the house and the party was already in full swing. I'd offered to do something else, to just pop in and say hello then leave. He waved me off each time I said anything.

But now as we walked further in and drinks were being poured I felt more on edge than ever. I was seconds away from grabbing Connor and dragging him right out of here. He didn't need to put himself in this situation, it was too soon.

I wasn't ready for anything to go wrong.

"I'm fine Jet, you just graduated and I want to celebrate that with all our friends. Stop worrying and have some fun." He leaned over pressing a short kiss to my lips.

I let myself relax. I just needed to trust Connor. He had worked hard to get here and I needed to trust him to know his limits.

"You guys are here!" Dom ran right over to us a drink in each hand.

"For you." He handed me the solo cup. "And for you," he gave Connor an unopened can of cola.

"I'm not drinking." I shook my head handing the cup back to Dom.

"There's no alcohol in it, figured you'd say that." Dom pushed the cup back towards me.

"You can drink." Connor looked over at me.

"Don't want to." I didn't want to argue about it, I knew the second I drank I wouldn't let myself be around Connor. I refused to be the reason he lost all the progress he made.

Connor didn't say anything more about it and I knew he wouldn't. We'd come far but some things were still a struggle for him. He took a push sometimes to get all his feelings out in words.

"This is sad guys." Dom frowned at the two of us. "I'm going to miss everyone."

And I knew what he meant. Graduation meant everyone was going their separate ways and even if we stayed in touch it wouldn't be the same.

"What are your plans for after this?" I questioned.

I knew most of my friends plans but I hadn't ever asked Dom. I knew Becca and Monroe were moving in together while Monroe went through law school. Evan was living with Jake. Nico was following Sasha back to her hometown to stay close to her.

"I have no clue, just thinking about it makes me want to throw up with stress." Dom answered.

"You have plenty of time to figure all that out." I told him.

"Yeah I think I'm going to try to find a job close to Callum. He wants to stay close to home for his sister so it'd be nice if I could get a job and find a place to live over by him so we don't have do long distance."

I felt the my own stress start to sweep in. How was any of this going to work. Connor and I haven't talked about what was going to happen next for us. We weren't even officially dating, how were we supposed to last when I went back home?

I did my best to swallow all my fears. I didn't want to ruin the time we had now. It was my graduation party and I wanted to enjoy it.

"Speaking of where is your better half?" Connor asked.

"Cal was having dinner with his mom and sister but he should be here after that." Dom scanned the room again looking for boyfriend.

The three of us fell into an easy conversation which lasted until Callum finally showed up and Dom hurried off to greet him. Connor and I bounced around chatting with our friends, it was a nice time. I liked being next to him being able to reach out and touch him whenever I wanted. Connor was always right there smiling over at me.

I imagined that this was what it would feel like to be boyfriends. To go to parties and hang outs together. Spending the night pressed together, Connor's arm wrapped loosely around my waist keeping me close.

This was what I'd wanted and it felt amazing to finally have it.

"Jet! It's our song." Becca appeared and this time it was technically our song.

I couldn't help but laugh as the r&b beats started playing through the living room. The dance hadn't ended well last time with Monroe trying to murder someone. Even still I let her grab my hand and pull me away from Connor.

I shot a glance back at him to see him grinning widely at me.

"Have fun, don't forget to shake your ass a little." He laughed.

"Come on put on a show for your man." Becca spun me around and I gave in.

I followed the beat and danced around with her. I was happy to let all my other thoughts go as I focused on my friend. There was no reason to stress. I was having fun and that's all that mattered.

The one song turned into two and soon Monroe appeared again pulling his girlfriend into him. I could tell he'd had a few drinks as he clung to his girlfriend swaying clumsily with her.

I was just about to go find Connor again when I felt a hand on my arm. I turned expecting to see Connor but instead a girl was standing there smiling at me.

"Hi." She removed her hand but stepped closer to me.

"Um hi," I just blinked at her not really sure what I should do.

I'd rather be spending time with Connor but I didn't want to be rude. I figured there was a line to tread and I could just let her down politely and go about my night.

"You look really good tonight. This shirt," she reached out running her fingers along the fabric on my arm. "It's really nice."

"Oh thanks." I gave her a smile happy for the compliment.

I had taken a good amount of time trying to pick out a good outfit for tonight. I wanted to look nice.

"I was looking for a dance partner if you're interested." She offered her hand still resting on my arm.

"Oh actually-,"

I was cut off as two arms wrapped around my waist pulling me into a hard chest.

"Sorry to interrupt but I got a Jet Plane I need to ride." Connor said one of his hands slipping under the hem of my shirt as he pressed his fingers against my bare skin.

My body heated at his words. The girl despite not realizing what Connors words meant she still got the hint and walked off. I figured Connor wrapped around me was enough of a clue.

"I can't believe you said that," I laughed leaning back into him.

"I'm practicing honesty." I felt him grin as he leaned down to press a kiss against my neck.

"Honesty? You got plans?"

"Mhmm, very important ride happening as soon as I can get you alone."

And if that wasn't enough to get my butt in gear I didn't know what was. We probably looked ridiculous as I dragged Connor through the crowd to where his bedroom was.

I really didn't care about anything other than Connor right now.

A/n:

I'm sad to say that there is only one more chapter and then the epilogue.... It's over way too fast for me. But I'll be writing a few bonus chapters and if there is anything you'd want to see in a bonus chapter feel free to comment. Once the epilogue for this book is posted I'll upload the introduction for Adam and Reid's book. That book will feature Connor and Jetson so if you are missing them after this book you'll be able to see them there.

I've been kinda sick lately and I don't know if it's just stress from work or actually being sick. If I manage to feel better and do some writing the last chapter might be uploaded before next Friday, I'm hoping I'll get to that but if not I'll see you all on Friday with the final chapter!!

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!
-Cora Leigh