9. Speaking the truth

"This is mine." Nico grabbed the bottle on the counter and tucked it under his arm.

Dom and Nico had invited me over so we could start clearing out the kitchen. Everyone but Adam had agreed to help Connor. So while Connor was at class the three of us were tackling the alcohol storage in the kitchen and sorting it based on who it belonged to.

"The rum is Adam's." Dom gestured to the handle of dark rum.

"Is the rest of it Connors?" I questioned looking at the assortment of bottles we found throughout the kitchen.

"Well the beer in the fridge is me and Adam's. The whiskey and vodka is Connor's and Jake already cleared all his shit out. So whatever isn't Dom's is probably also Connor's." Nico said.

"The wine is mine and the ciders are mine." Dom grabbed the box of canned ciders.

"I'm going to bring this to my room." Nico carried the bottle of whiskey to his room.

"I'll grab my stuff and if you want you can bring that to Adam's room." Dom gestured to the rum.

I just nodded. It was going to be tedious and I hadn't actually figured out what I was going to do with the alcohol that was Connor's but I knew I needed to do something with it.

Instead of immediately bringing the rum to Adam's room I started pulling the beers out of the fridge so that Nico could split them up between him and Adam. I was so busy in my task I hadn't heard the sound of the front door opening and shutting.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I jumped at the sound of Connor's voice behind me.

"Hey I thought you had class." I turned and tried to keep the smile on my face even as I saw the anger all over the other mans.

"You thought I had class." He laughed but it lacked all humor as he stared me down. "What you waited until I left just to mess with my shit? You had no right to butt into my business. I don't need your help and I sure as hell don't need you." He spat.

I tried not to let his words get to me. I had to stand my ground because this was important. Connor needed help, he couldn't keep drinking his life away.

"I'm not going to just stand back and do nothing as you kill yourself." I told him.

"Fuck off and leave me the hell alone Jetson." He reached forward swiping one of the bottles off the counter.

I didn't even hesitate to grab it stopping him from opening it and taking a sip. I was done just sitting back. I wouldn't look the other way anymore.

"Don't do this Connor. If you care about me even just a little bit put the bottle down." It was a cheap shot but I was desperate. I'd use whatever I had do if it meant Connor being safe and alive.

"Care about you? You think I care about you?" His lips turned up in that cruel smile that had my stomach dropping, I already started to brace myself for the words as he opened his mouth again. "What did you think this was? Did you think I ever actually wanted you around? You're only here because I wanted to fuck you so you can go now. I don't go back for seconds."

It felt like a punch to the face. Like he'd twisted a knife deep into my chest. I tried to tell myself that he didn't mean it. That it was the addiction and the alcohol. He wasn't himself but as he stared at me with such distain and anger the pain just magnified.

Maybe this wasn't worth it. Maybe Adam had been right.

"Sometimes you got to know when to put yourself first. He will take and take until you have nothing left, don't let him bleed you dry."

Maybe it was time to put myself first so that Connor didn't destroy me just like he was destroying himself. If he didn't care about me then why was I doing so much to help him. He didn't want my help, he didn't want me at all.

"You're an asshole." I took a step away from him not wanting to be anywhere near him right now.

"I got what I wanted from you so now you can leave me the fuck alone." I just stood there and watched as he twisted open the bottle taking a large sip.

I was done. I couldn't let him keep tearing me apart. If this is what he wanted then I'd give it to him.

"I hope you're happy Connor. You just lost the last person that stood by you, you lost the only person left that still cared about you. You push everyone away until you're alone and now you finally succeeded. When you wake up and regret this don't even bother calling me." I snapped just wanting him to feel just an ounce of the pain I was feeling.

"I wouldn't hold your fucking breath." Connor just rolled his eyes.

"That's enough Connor." I turned to see Nico standing there glaring at Connor.

I felt even worse knowing that he heard the words Connor had thrown at me.

"You're not my fucking dad Nico, you can't reprimand me for speaking the truth." Connor tipped his head back taking another swig from the bottle.

"Stop talking before I punch you." Nico stepped towards Connor looking more threatening than I'd ever seen him.

"Fuck both of you, I don't need this shit." Connor grabbed another bottle and stormed off to his room.

The second he was gone I let myself break. My full body shook at sobs racked through me. I did nothing to stop it. I would let myself cry one last time and then I was done.

After this I wouldn't waste my tears on Connor. He didn't deserve anymore of my time.

This time I was really moving on and leaving the brunette in the past.

A/n:

Happy Monday...

I feel slightly bad whenever I post a chapter that's sad like this. Only slightly though because writing angst is fun. Chapters like this are sad but some of my favorites. Maybe I'm evil for enjoying putting my characters through hell but whatever. I'll see you on Friday with a new update!

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
-Cora Leigh