6. Time to go home

I was moving on. I hadn't actually figured out how I was going to do that but I knew I needed to. It had been a few days since the bowling day and I hadn't seen or heard from Connor since. I had sent him a few texts but after he ignored every one I gave up.

I couldn't keep putting myself through this so I was moving on. If I didn't have feelings for Connor then I could actually be there as his friend. I knew he needed someone and I wanted to be that someone for him. So I needed to move the hell on so I could be around him without destroying myself.

I pulled my phone out and did the one thing I didn't really want to do, I downloaded a dating app. I was going to get back out there and maybe I'd actually find someone I liked. I wasn't really looking for something serious but just someone to get my mind off Connor.

I just pressed on the app ready to create a profile when my phone started to ring and Dom's contact lit up my screen.

Dominic was a friend of mine, we played football in high school together. We were never very close back then but stayed in contact through college sometimes I would go and party with him at Kingsley where he ended up going to college. It was dumb luck that he ended up roommates with Connor. Dom and I got closer once my roommate Evan started dating his roommate Jake and we all started hanging out more often. Then with my friendship with Connor I was at their house a lot more.

So it wasn't weird to see him calling me and I was actually happy to hear from him. I knew I was trying to move on from Connor but as his friend I was still hoping to see how he was doing.

"Hey Dom," I smiled as I answered the phone.

"Is Connor with you?" He asked not even bothering with a hello.

Immediately any happiness from hearing from Dom was gone. I was on edge. Something was wrong with Connor and I didn't know what it was.

"No why?" My words were rushed.

"He went out with Nico and then he just disappeared. Nico's been looking for him everywhere but he's not at the party any more and he's not home so I thought maybe he was with you." Dom sighed.

Normally it wouldn't be worrying. I would just assume Connor ended up with some girl and went back to her place. But I knew Connor, I'd gone to many parties with him and I knew he never went home with anyone. He either hooked up with someone at the party or he had some hookup at his place during the week. He never went to anyones place because he never wanted to be stuck somewhere unknown with someone. He was a hookup and leave sort of guy.

It was because I knew him that I just knew that something was wrong. I needed to find him and make sure he was ok.

"I'm on my way." I was scrambling out of bed ready to head out.

"Jetson you don't need to do that. He's probably just with some girl or something. We will find him and I'll let you know."

"How much did he drink? He could be out somewhere passed out in a ditch or something. This isn't some easy thing, he could be in danger. Don't you care about him? He's supposed to be your friend." I let my anger out not really at Dom but at the whole situation. I knew Dom had always been a good friend to Connor but right now I was scared and angry.

"I'll send you the address of the party." Dom said and then hung up.

It only took a few seconds for the address to pop up on my phone and the second I got it I was rushing right out the door.

I stepped into the house, the party still going. I was nonstop scanning the crowd for the familiar head of dark hair. Instead I found Nico talking to some guy I didn't know in the kitchen.

"Did you find him?" I asked Connors other roommate.

"Nah, I checked every inch of this place." He just shook his head.

I cursed quietly. If Connor wasn't here then where was he? He could technically be anywhere.

"I'm going to drive around see if I find him. Call me if he shows up."

Nico nodded.

"He'll turn up, he never stays gone for too long." He assured me.

The thought of this happening before did nothing to ease my nerves.

I had circled the neighborhood a few times with no luck. I didn't know what I expected but I was hoping I'd find him walking on the sidewalk totally fine. I didn't know how long he'd actually been gone for so I broadened my search. I drove slowly out of the neighborhood keeping my eyes open for anything.

It didn't take long to end up at a small park. There wasn't much there but it was something. If Connor was drunk and just wandering around lost he might stop here to sit or lay down.

At least I hoped he would stop here and not end up passed out in some random persons backyard.

I parked my car and rushed out towards the open area. The second I got close enough I saw the lump of a person laid out on the bench.

I felt one second of relief before I realized they weren't moving.

He's just unconscious. Just passed out, he's fine. I tried to calm myself the best I could as I got closer. I didn't want to let my mind go to the worst case scenario.

Once I got close enough I finally got the confirmation that it was Connor. He was a total mess but at least I found him.

"Connor." I shook his arm lightly.

He didn't wake up but I could feel his body moving up and down with his even breaths. At least he was alive.

"Connor, wake up." I nudged him again.

"Mmmm." He groaned softly trying to weakly push me away.

"It's time to go home." I tried to pull him up off the bench, I would carry him back to my car if I had to.

"No, I don't want to." Connor slurred trying to get my hands off him.

"Connor please I can't just leave you out here."

"Jet?" His eyes blinked open and he finally looked at me.

"Yeah Connor it's me." I nodded.

Connor pushed himself up off the bench and then practically fell into my arms. I thankfully caught him and saved him for falling onto the ground. It wasn't easy because the guy was heavy.

"I'm glad you're here." His voice was muffled from where he was burying his face into my shirt.

"Let's get you home." And this time there was no fight as I guided him to my car.