51. My boyfriend

I wanted to pounce on him the second we entered his bedroom and the door shut behind us. Connor looked too good to resist and his words were circling in my head still. I wanted to close the distance and get lost in him in all the best ways.

But I resisted because the second we stepped into the room Connor took a step back putting distance between us. It was a line drawn and I wouldn't cross it until he wanted me to. Something was bothering him but I couldn't tell what it was. Just one look at his face and I knew his mind was going a mile a minute.

"Want to talk about it?" I asked him sitting down on the edge of his bed.

"I didn't think it'd be this hard." He walked over sitting next to me.

I was confused but I just sat there giving him the time to find the words.

"When I asked you to wait for me I think part of me didn't think you actually would. I expected that whenever I was ready you would have already moved on to someone who could give you all the things I couldn't. But then you didn't, you waited and stuck by me every step of the way. You gave me your love and patience over and over again. I don't know what kind of saint I was in my past life to deserve someone as amazing as you but I'm tired of only having you halfway." He reached over and I let him take my head, threading his fingers with mine.

I could feel it coming. The one thing I'd been waiting for all this time. That last puzzle piece to slide into place.

"I wasn't ready to give myself to anyone before. I wanted to do this right with you because there was no chance I was letting myself fuck this up. But I've never felt more like myself in years. I think I'm finally ready to give this a real shot. I want to officially be able to call you mine Jet Plane." These were the words I'd been waiting to hear since we first met.

"Ask me Connor, ask me and I'll say yes."

"Jet Plane, will you be my boyfriend?" He asked a smile spreading across his face.

"Yes." I breathed out my response and once the word was out Connor leaned right in pressing his lips against mine.

All I wanted was this boy. This boy who made me smile every time I saw him. This boy who was slightly over dramatic and strangely afraid of most animals. All the things about him were all the things I loved about him. Even the parts of him that had been taken and shattered, I was right here to help him pick them back up.

It was everything I'd ever wanted. He was everything I'd ever wanted.

And now he was mine, officially.

"I love you." I pulled back wanting him to hear the words.

"Saying I love you before the first date? Wow Jet Plane I didn't think you were that obsessed with me." He joked that lightness back on his face.

"Shut up." I nudged his shoulder rolling my eyes.

Connor just laughed and pressed his lips back against mine. This is what I'd craved, the light fun moments with Connor. When he felt safe and happy enough to just let himself be Connor. When his brain wasn't weighed down by all the bad and he could let himself laugh. These were my favorite moments and I was happy to see them happen more frequently.

"I love you too Jet." There was never a second I doubted that but still the words made my heart flutter in my chest. I'd never get sick of hearing him say that.

Connor pov:

Jetson was smiling. It was the most perfect thing I'd ever seen. It didn't matter how many times I saw that smile, it always felt like the first time. I felt that rush of joy and amazement every time I saw that masterpiece.