Bonus chapter 1: The very first night

Connors pov:

One look at him and it was like I couldn't breathe. He was so pretty, I didn't usually say that about guys. Guys were handsome or hot but Jetson was just so pretty. Everything about him, his light brown wavy hair that kept falling into his face, those golden eyes that I wanted to get lost in. I didn't believe in love at first sight but this definitely felt like something.

One look and somehow I just knew Jetson would change my life in some way.

"What are you drinking?" He asked me gesturing to the cup of dark liquid in my hand.

Even his voice was the best thing I'd ever heard. I wanted to be close to him in a way I'd never felt before in my life. Sometimes I tried to imagine my life before it all went to shit before even being close to another person made my skin want to set on fire. I had tried so many times to chase that feeling away and standing here next to Jetson made me feel like there was a chance. Maybe that was just the energy of him wrapping around me or maybe it was because I was genuinely attracted to him.

"It's coke with whiskey." I replied. "You want some?"

Jetson seemed to consider it for a moment before shrugging.

"Yeah I guess." He said.

I poured him a cup and handed it over. I needed to get away from him. Usually I was ok with just sleeping with someone. But it was so different now. Sleeping with Jetson wouldn't be sex to erase all the shit from my past. I wouldn't be falling into bed with him because I needed to forget the feeling of the devils hands. Sleeping with Jetson would be entirely for myself and I didn't know how to be selfish like that.

"Has anyone ever told you you're very pretty?" I blurted out.

Jetsons cheeks got red as he blushed from my comment.

"Um- no I don't think so." He stammered.

"Well you are, very very pretty." I smiled at him.

God I wanted him so badly. I didn't even want to just sleep with him. I wanted to wrap myself around him and just hold on. I wanted to know everything I could about him.

I needed to get the hell away from him before I made a mistake.

But I didn't. I stayed right where I was as my eyes tracked the movement of his throat as he sipped from his cup. I wanted to know every piece of him. I wanted to catalog it all because I wouldn't let myself have anymore than this.

One night. No not a night just one hour. I'd give myself an hour to stand here with him. I'd talk or listen and then once the hour was up I'd walk away. I'd find someone else and do my best to numb it all out.

I couldn't let myself ruin this pretty angel in front of me.

"Do you flirt with everyone?" Jetson questioned a beautiful sparkle in his eyes.

"Only the really pretty ones." I replied inching closer to him.

"And does it usually work?"

"Almost never but I'm hoping to beat the odds tonight." And then I reached forward, I just couldn't help myself. I let my hand brush against his arm and it took everything in me not to just wrap myself around him.

I wanted to pull him into me and never let go. I'd been so used to feeling nothing, to finding someone that made me feel numb that I had forgotten what it felt like to feel good around someone.

I'd forgotten what it was like to want things.

I never wanted to forget that feeling again.

"What are the odds?" Jetson leaned into me slightly.