36. Kick me out

"Connor you have to get up." I nudged at him where he was sprawled out on top of me.

"Leave me alone, I'm sleeping." He grumbled burying his face into my chest.

"You have to leave for work in thirty minutes." I reminded him.

"You know I wouldn't be running late if you weren't so comfy." He squeezed his arms tighter around me still not getting up.

I'd spent the last week at his house doing all my school work from his bed. I hadn't felt like I could leave him yet. He'd said he needed me and I didn't want to walk away from him when I knew that just being here was making him feel better.

He didn't say it out loud but I could tell he was struggling. He was clinging to me a little extra, it wasn't uncommon for me to wake up with a sleeping Connor wrapped around me. I knew it was because of nightmares he never wanted to talk about and even if it wasn't, I'd never complain about Connor cuddles.

"If you get up and are on time for work I'll let you control the tv for the whole evening."

Usually I made him switch off because there was only so much reality tv I could watch at once but if it would get Connor out of bed I'd watch all the reality tv in the world.

"Can I watch Married at first sight?" He popped up head up to look at me with those puppy dog eyes.

"Anything you want." I nodded.

"God I love you." He smiled and then rolled off of me to go get ready.

This isn't the first time he's said it. This past week I've heard him say those three words quite a lot but still my heart jumped every time. I didn't think I could get sick of hearing him say it.

There was this extra warm feeling I got whenever I was around him. Even now when we would just get ready for the day together. It was one of the best feelings in the world, it made me crave that perfect future I pictured for us. I wanted to get to the part where we'd finally be able to just be together.

I wanted to feel this love and be able to be loud about it. I wanted to wrap myself around connor and show the world that he was worth all the love I had.

"Maybe I should just call out sick," Connor frowned as he shoved a clean shirt over his head.

"The whole point of me dragging you out of bed was so that you'd actually go to work." I pointed out.

"I know but think about how fun it would be to lay in bed, watch tv and eat snacks all day."

"It would be even more fun if you left and did your job."

"Wow Jet Plane trying to kick me out of my own house." Connor put his hand over his heart acting as if he was actually hurt.

"Don't make me actually kick you." I joked.

"God stop being all cute it's making me want to kiss you." Connor laughed and then literally skipped out of his room to the bathroom.

I rolled my eyes at his retreating figure. He was dramatic and goofy and just so damn amazing. It felt good to see him let loose and allow himself to have some fun while he was sober. With all the terrible shit he's dealt with seeing him still laugh and smile made everything else worth it. I'd take the fights and the insults and all of it just to end up here seeing him doing his best to start the healing process.

"I think I should get a pet." Connor burst back into the room about two minutes later.

"Umm why?" I ask confused how he got to that conclusion.

"Once you leave I'm going to be all sad and alone. You know who am I going to hug at night? I-,"

"That's what pillows are for." I cut him off.

"Pillows aren't the same as a person." He argued.

"Neither is a dog."

"I didn't say dog, I said pet."

"What pet are you going to cuddle at night that's not a dog?" I asked.

"A cat."

"A cat? You're going to cuddle a cat?" I raised my eyebrows at him waiting to see what he'd say to that.

"Yeah it'll be a nice stand in for when you're gone." He nodded.

"You do know that you're allergic to cats right?"

"Well obviously, I just didn't think you knew."

I let out a laugh at his words. Sometimes he was just so ridiculous.

"Your mom told me." I told him.

"That little snitch." He cursed.

"I can't stand you." I shook my head with a smile.

"Then sit down." He said with a wide smile on his face.

He looked so proud of that one and I didn't have it in me to not give him a laugh. God I was too far gone for him. Sometimes he made the most stupid jokes and still they got a laugh out of me. And every time I laughed I watched him light up. It made letting my sense of humor be ruined worth it.

I'd laugh at every dumb joke just to see him smile like that.

"Go to work Connor before you're late."

"Stop trying to get rid of me it's hurting my feelings." Connor pouted and started to fake cry.

"I'm only watching reality shows with you if you actually make it to work on time." I reminded him.

"Fine but I'm going to miss you."

This was basically an every day occurrence. Whenever he had work I basically had to drag him out the door because he didn't want to leave me. It was cute but I didn't want to be the reason he got himself fired.

"I'll miss you too." I didn't have it in me to remind him it was only six hours.

"You'll still be here when I get back?"

"I don't have to leave until tomorrow so until then you're stuck with me." I reminded him just like I did every time he left.

I didn't mind assuring him I'd still be here every time he left. I'd do it for the rest of my life. I'd do anything to make Connor happy.

A/n:

Today is my last day of work for a little bit. I'm getting a two week break before summer starts and I'm honestly so excited. I'm hoping it will mean some more time to write and more relaxation time for me and my mental health.

I've wanted to get more writing done than I have but I got sick. Well I didn't get sick but I stopped taking my allergy medication right in the middle of allergy season just because I felt like it and now I'm facing the consequences of my actions. I don't always make the best decisions.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
-Cora Leigh