𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘 → 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂

💙

Gleaming sun casted an enlightened shadow across the thousands of trees separating the Wachowski residence from the rest of the peaceful little town known as the rural paradise of Green Hills. Said trees ruffled from the delicate breeze crawling between them, adding a whistle to the calm sky painted in a cooling shade of blue.

A new day had begun. A very special day for a little hedgehog whose fur matched the stunning colour of the cloudless sky above who lived within the charming cottage. A very special day indeed.

Sonic stretched his arms beside his vibrant blue quills the laid bent up from the pressure the back of his head pressed into the pillow, so enticingly silky he didn't want to leave the comfort of his bed resembling the energetic shaping of a race car.

He shuffled his head across the velvet texture, rolling to his side so his fluffy cheek would be the source of the subtle indentation to the pillow. A yawn sliced between his dreary lips, eyes that would usually be bright and bold in a dazzling shade of emerald green remaining closed to soak up the tranquillity of the morning.

But soon enough, the excitement bubbling in his little fuzzy tummy couldn't be held back much longer, like a jug of heated liquid becoming unable to contain it without overflowing from the rise in temperature. A great, big, goofy smile was carved into the fluff of his muzzle while his eyes remained closed, one sneakily peeping open to see the calendar balanced to the surface of the wooden table beside the bed.

Sonic smirked at the date gleaming at him with a grin just as wide and as radiant as his own, with glistening fingers of sunlight sneaking between the circular window peeping in the room's ceiling and gracefully caressing the propped up paper reading the date of the day just gone.

22, with a smaller printed JUNE just underneath.

Sonic whipped away the quilt stuffed thinly to avoid creating too much heat in the thick summer night that matched the shade of the bed itself and the sneakers placed to the side that awaited his fluffy little toes to sink inside. He wiggled his legs to reach said shoes, slipping his socked feet inside and instantly snatching the calendar begging to be flipped to glow with the date corresponding to the morning thriving outside.

Sonic's grin couldn't shine any brighter or grow any wider, his gloved fingers hastily slipping underneath the sheet of paper to flip it over and reveal the correct date. The date that sparkled with excitement for the little hedgehog, and glistened with festivities as in his elated mind the numbers and letters read something else, just for him.

23 with JUNE slapped underneath.

Sonic's birthday.

Beaming with the same luminosity from the day break bleeding blue into the sky becoming lighter in colour by the second, Sonic leapt in joy and slammed the calendar back into place with hands trembling in exhilaration. He transformed into a strip of vibrant cobalt that sliced down the rickety staircase leading from the attic to the rest of the snug little house, having already pinpointed the location that his travel at the speed of sound would lead him to.

Outside another small room decorated with a warm colour scheme and inviting furniture arrangements to allure an exhausted body to the comfort of sleep, Sonic skidded to a stop. A cheeky smirk crossed his fluffy face as a hand still quaking in adrenaline for the day he could claim to be his ahead reached for the doorknob.

The wood painted in a fine hue of ivory was left slightly ajar, just a slither of sunlight that crawled through the windows inside could be noticed spreading into the upstairs landing's carpet. Sonic tapped the door to allow it to open just a little further, the creak of the room's entrance squeaking into his delicate ears and forcing his eyes glistening in green to squeeze closed.