CHAPTER FIVE - MY FAMILY

Xavier POV

I let out a defeated sigh as I watched my parents and my sister and her husband ganging up on me, on how I stayed single for so long. That I might have lost my touch on women. Yeah that's how cruel my family is.

"What bro? Still single?" Daniel taunted me and I glared back at him.

"Hey, hey stop looking at my husband like that big bro! You know damn well he is right!" My sister of course sided with her husband.

Nothing in this family would defend me. Why can't they stay out of my love life for once? They keep bugging me about it. So why am I still single forever? It's not like I stayed a saint, I still have one night stand if I have feeling a bit of my needs. But nothing more that just sex. I prefer a one night stand because it's more convenient for me..

"You can say whatever you want but I don't want to hurry myself to get married. For now I am content with my life!"

"Contented my butt! Hahahaha.. we both know it's not true. I remember the last time we had a drink. You keep bluffing while drunk that you want a wife and children too! Hahahaha.. That out of all of us you are the only one that stayed single!" Daniel said to me while laughing that my parents looked at me with mixed emotions.

"Don't give me that look Mom! I am fine! It's just that I haven't found the right girl for me!" Or maybe I had but I let her slip off my hands.

As the saying goes, if an opportunity knocks on you don't ever let it slide you grasp. Grabbed it and made the most of it.

I guess I am stupid enough to let go of one of most lifetime opportunity for me. Maybe we are not meant to be. Or perhaps it's not the right time for us. Who knows, maybe in the future , will meet again.

It's one of the reasons why I stayed single though. I still hope that one day she walks into my life again.  Maybe this time , loving her will be fine.

"Honey, I know that look too. Hmmm you know the girl I've been trying to blind date you? Remember? Why don't you say yes, though I need to convince her too!" My mom giggles

I looked at her, raising my brows on her.

"Mom, you want me to go on blind date? But you haven't convinced the girl? Geez mom, you are such a good matchmaker!" I said to her,

"Oh come on, if you see her. You will fall in love for sure! She's very pretty, beautiful and kind too!" She said, smiling at me.

"Hahahaha… Mom, if you're referring to Lotte, then I think you should dissolve that idea. I don't think they are suited to each other!"

"What are you talking about? I think they will be good together right babe?" Of course she would ask my dad's idea.

" Hmmmm I think opposite attracts. For sure, you and Lotte will be good at each other. She will be the positive while you're the negative!"

"Dad, I am not negative!" I whined at him.

"Yeah, I know what you are doing. You are my son after all. Don't ever think I didn't know what you are doing THOSE NIGHTS!" He said while emphasizing the two words.

"Dad, not you too!"

"So, instead having that shinegan of yours. Why don't you met this beautiful doctor I have told you?" My mom said and I looked at her.

"Mom, you haven't even convinced her and you want me to have a date with her?" I told her.

"Don't worry, I will do something about it!"

"Why do you want me to be with this girl? Is she pretty? "

"Super!" She answered with a proud smile.

"Can we now eat mom?" I asked her.

"Fine! It's up to you anyway. I know you will end up regretting your decision!"

"Yeah, yeah yeah…!" I said as we take a walk to the dining room.

"Wow, my favorite food!" I soas as I saw the food display on the table.

My mom really knows me. What's best thing about home is the comfort and safety feeling you get. Nothing bets the way your parents taking care of you.

"Of course, Mommy knows her children favorite food idiot brother!" My sister Emily said and I scowled at her.

"Dan, I swear this sister of mine kinda annoying sometimes! Are you sure you don't want to return her to us?" I jokingly asked Daniel.

"Do you?" My sister looked at her husband.

Daniel gulped nervously while he glared at me.

"Of course not, sweetheart! You are the wife in the whole wide world!"

Urg!!

Even this those became cheesy eversince they got married. They once acted like cats and dogs then now. They are one of the most sweetiet and corniest couple I ever seen.

" Pussy whipped!" I snickered at Daniel.

As much as I like to tease him. But I am happy knowing that my sister is in good guy. I know he will love my sister just like how much we love her. Even though sometimes I hate her but I do love her. After all she's the only sister I have in this world.