CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE - INVITATION

Charlotte POV

After that so called jealousy that Xavier was teasing me about. I keep asking myself. Am I? I mean, I don't even know. Ever since that accident happened I had never been involved with anyone.

So after that grocery shopping happened. We went to my house. While driving our way down there he stopped teasing me about it.
That I am jealous of that unanimous bitch that has been letching over him since he got to the place.

I actually thought that he was into her because when I heard their conversation over phone just hearing her voice I knew she's beautiful and attractive.

Compared to me who always prefers to look simple. So yeah, I heard them over the phone so yeah hung up. I don't want to hear anything about what they will discuss.

I got the shock of a lifetime when he appeared in front of me. Even like buying the entire section of the grocery store. I thought it wouldn't fit in his car. Thank God we just need a little push there.

With the amountful of groceries we have I don't think I will ever go shopping again. Yay for me because it means saving the next budget for the month.

I tried to pay actually but he said that it would hurt his ego. Paying for the groceries won't bankrupt him, that's what he said. Because of that I don't think I need to go grocery shopping for a month.

"Hmmmm… so nice isn't it?" My sister asked me while we were in the cafeteria eating lunch.

"Yup!" I agree . She always ordered fruit salad everytime we ate there. This girl really has a sweet tooth or something.

I didn't pay attention to the newcomer of the cafeteria as they walked closer to me. Hand in hand together. And they stopped right in front of us. I almost dropped my spoon when my eyes landed on them looking at me while I ate the food enthusiastically.

"Good Noon Mr and Mrs knight!" I said as I can't help but to be embarrassed.

"Good morning too dear! Hmmm…. Honey, come on let 's sit! I want to eat salad. Can you get it for me?" Mrs knight said and of course Mr Knight obliged.

"Sure hon!" He then kissed her on the cheeks.

When her husband was finally on the line to pick some salad. She immediately turned to me.

"Hmmm… so Me and Husband are going to celebrate our anniversary together tomorrow. I would love it if you could come dear!" She said and I blink my eyes if it's real.

Is she inviting me for their family gathering? Well she's been invited to their parties before I met his son but I always have things to do so I declined. Also I don't want to intrude, it's a family thing and I don't think I belong there.

"What time is it Mam?" I asked her. .

"Around seven in the evening. Don't worry it's just me and my family and our friends Anderson! No need to prepare a gown. Just simple, I just want you to be there!"

"Oh.. You mean Doctor Ysabella's family?"

"Yup!" She said,

Ok this is even more awkward. Those two families are super Rich. What am I going to do there? Mixing with them I don't think it's a good idea.

"Thank you Mam but I am afraid I'll have to decline. I don't want your family to get together!" I declined properly. My sister's eyes went wide and she mouthed and said.

"Your idiot!"

"Oh no! You are not, ok? It would be nice if you could come? Please? I have been inviting you over to our gatherings but you always decline. Please just this one dear?" She said giving me puppy eyes. " I thought you and Xavier already settled? I mean you guys already kissed right?" When she said that I choked. But food got into the wrong pipe and I coughed really hard.

I grab the glass of water trying to calm myself.

"I am sorry dear! Do you want to keep your relationship a secret?" She asked and I looked at the people that surrounded us. I bet they heard since they all looked at me.

"Oh no! Mrs Knight, Xavier and I don't have any relationship. That kiss is just purely a friendly kiss only, nothing more!" I said as I almost choked when I said the word kiss. I bet my cheeks are now shades of tomato.

"Awww… that is so sad! We really expect that you both settled together. Me and Emily are even planning your wedding. Hahahahah… " I know she's joking.

"We are just friends Mam! And I want to say sorry that he paid everything for my Grandma. I promise to pay it though I can't pay it fully. But I promise I will!"

"Yeah, I am so excited for you to come to his house. You are going to cook for him right?"

"Hmmm yes mam!"

"Awww no wonder Xavier has been in a good mood recently. That child never bothered to visit me. Now, he always comes into the house and asks his dad for advice!"

"Oh!" I said as I am speechless. Xavier? Need advice? I don't think so.

"Yup! Thanks honey for the salad!" She said while Mr knight opened it for her.

These two have the sweetest relationship ever. Must be nice to have someone who will love and take care of you!

"You can count on my son for that. He would love to love and take e of you!" She giggled. "But then I am happy that you find us this good. We have been on a rough path before but Xavier here never surrendered. So yeah, except my son. Hahahaha they share the same blood and name. Don't forget that! I remember how persistent and annoying this guy was before!" She laughed while reminiscing the past.

Holy shit did I say it out loud again?

"Oh… " Then she began to tell me her love story.