CHAPTER THIRTY NINE - JOKE

Charlotte POV

"Xavier, why are we heading out far away? I mean you've been driving far. I don't even think we are in a city!" I said to him as he kept driving.

I noticed that he's been driving for an hour now.

"Hmmm?" He took a quick glance at me.

"Don't give me that look! Where are we going?" I asked him.

"It will not be a surprise babe if I am going to tell you!"

"What are you planning?" I said as I could see a smirk playing on his lips.

"Nothing! I just want to have you for a moment. No work, just me and you!"

"What no work? How about you?" I asked him since I have a day off today.

"Well, I am talking about my day off too obviously!

"Xavier, if you are just taking off because of this, please don't do it again. What about your workers?"

"Don't worry babe, the company can still function without me for a day. Also, there's a thing for phones or laptops!" He said while gesturing his backpack on the backseat.

"You really plan this huh?"

"Yup! I just want to make you see what it feels like to be with me for a moment. Maybe I can convince you to come with me next week in my business meeting!"

"Not again! You keep on reminding me that!" I said to him,

"Hahahahaha… I just don't want you to forget babe!"

"Hmmmm… Are we still not there Xavier?" I said as I tried to sway the topic.

"Hmmm a little but maybe in fifteen minutes we will reach our destination!"

"Hmmm!" I nodded at him.

After a few minutes, just what he said, we reached our destination. When I opened the car door and got out. A fresh and cool air welcomed me.

I looked at him and smiled at me as he offered his hand to me. I gladly took it then we walked closer to a house.

It's not just a house but a very beautiful house. At the side you can see a beautiful shore.

The sound of the sea wave can be heard and the whispering of birds.

"Wow!" I said as I finally saw the view.

"Do you like it?" He asked me.

I didn't notice him staring at me and observing my reaction. I smiled at him knowing that he really knows what I like.

He asked me in just a few days what kind of place I wanted to relax. And I told him I want a place near the seashore. Where I can freely inhale the cool and natural breeze from the sea.

"Yeah, it's beautiful here!" I answered him with all honesty.

Who doesn't say it's not beautiful?

My goodness, even the house it's perfect.

"Good! I am happy that you love it. It seems like there are still things that cannot be changed!" He said and I frowned at him.

"Is that a metaphor?" I asked him.

"Nope! I just want to say that you really like simple things!"

"Ohhhhh! So why are we here? Who owns this place?" I asked him.

"You are looking at the owner of the place just right now!" He answered me and my eyes grew wide.

"You own this?" I said with my eyes turned wide. I can't hide the shock I felt.

I know Xavier is rich since he is a businessman. But I don't peg him as a type who wants this kind of life. Simple and out of glamour.

"Hmmm…!"

"Wow! You must be very rich!" I commented at him.

"Hahahaha… baby, I can buy twenty of this kind of house. I mean, you just thought now your boyfriend is rich because I own this? Ouch I hurt baby!" He said as he held his chest acting like he was hurt.

"Xavier, sorry it's just that I don't have any clues about your world!" I said truthfully to him.

I mean, I didn't date him to know how rich he is.

"I know! Come let me tour you to the house!" He said again he intertwined our hands.

"Actually I just recently bought this place from my parents. I bought it a year ago!"

"Ohh! You bought this from your parents?"

"Yup! It's just recently renovated. I renewed all the looks and design!"

"You must have loved this kind of place for you to buy this from your parents!"

"Yes, I love this place because it always reminds me of something and also, recently you told me, you want to relax in this kind of place. So I decided to take you here! Do you like it?"

"Yes, it's very nice here!" He then opened the door and my eyes turned wide again. I don't think I will be able to compose myself from being shocked for today.

"Oh wow!"

"You look so cute when you look like that!" He said while staring at me. His eyes glimmered when looked straight at me.

"It's because your house is so beautiful!" I said as I still can't stop moving my eyes.

It's my dream house exactly. It's very simple yet it can make you calm and it's so neat and clean.

"Wow!" I said as I looked at the books on the shelves.

"Do you read??" I asked him.

"Yup! I put it in a mini library, so when I want to read I can just grab one!"

"Yeah… it's a nice idea. Especially if you will do it outside while on the shore perhaps!" I said to him,

"Hmmm… you really like this kind of place huh?" He said as he took a seat on a long sofa then he put me beside him.

"How about after we get married we will stay here with our children?" He said to me, that made me almost drop my jaw at his sudden words. I even held my chest to stop my heart from skipping. I swear this guy can easily make my heart flutter and go wild.

"Please don't joke with me on something like that!" I said to him as I got myself back from the sudden shock.

"Who said I am joking?" He countered back at me.