CHAPTER NINE - ADMIRE

Xavier POV

I looked back and forth to my mom and Charlotte. I know at first glance, my mom adores her. It's obvious how my mom's eyes lit when she stared at her. When she smiles at her it's obviously a given.

Well I won't wonder why!

Charlotte at first sight you can tell how nice and good she is. She's still the same Charlotte I know but minus the ugly sweater pants and those braces. Plus she wore her hair down compared to when she always put it on ponytail.

And now, she slightly wore make up which in the past she rarely or I don't think I ever saw her wearing one. As I said before, she's beautiful but she doesn't show it often. She would always prefer to hide it under those buggy clothes.

Before I complained about it but now. I don't think I want to show her to the world how beautiful she is. I bet she has a few suitors lining up. I feel intimidated beginning now.

What if she doesn't want me anymore? Maybe it's the reason why she acted like she didn't know me.

Or

Maybe she realized she's too good for me and that I don't deserve someone special like her.

My thoughts halted when I saw my dad barging in my room this time and my sister in tow behind her.

Geez so much for this family of mine. They sometimes act like I am a baby. Just because I am not yet married doesn't mean I can take care of myself.

I am really fine. Maybe I just overworked myself lately. But if not working, what should I do for my time? That's why I rather lurk in my office working than being alone in my house. It will remind me of how miserable my life is.

"Son, are you ok?" My dad asked me.

"I am ok dad!" My dad looked at Charlotte with a questioning look. " Is he ok?" He sksy her this time.

"Yes! As I see it right now, he's ok. But I still need to look for his laboratory results. He needs a lot of rest for a moment. And he got a little concussion when he fell to the floor!" She said, I winced when she mentioned I fell to the floor.

"Hahahah.. you fell to the floor? What kind of guy are you?" My sister of course laughed at me.

"Yeah I am ok! Thank you so much for the love sis. I feel it is a big time!" I said sarcastically at her.

I turned my gaze on Charlotte who's looking at us with an amusing smile. But she tried to stop her smile.

"Hmmm… I think that's all for now. I will be back for the results! Good morning Mr and Mrs knight!" She said and I smiled when she slightly bowed to them.

"Geez as always you're too respectful Lotte! Chill a little. Mom said you can drop formalities!" Emily said to her smiling.

"Yeah, but I don't think that's a good idea. Maybe if not working I can but while I am here it's better to call her that way "

"Awww…. No wonder I really like you to be my daughter in-law!" My mom hugged her unexpectedly, making Charlotte's eyes go into shocked.

"Thank you Mam!" Charlotte said and I saw a light blush forming on her cheeks.

Oh, so it seems that something about her didn't change. She still blushes easily.

"Thank you for taking care of my son. At least I can somehow feel assured that my son is a good doctor. I won't have any problems with him flirting with a girl!"

"Mom, you know it's not true! I don't flirt!"

"Yeah, if not! Some women don't understand. At least Charlotte here won't take advantage. She's really a good girl"

"Thank you Mam!" She said,

"Mom, stop it! You're making her feel uncomfortable!" I said.

"Oops sorry, dear! But after this I hope you will accept my invitation to have dinner in our house!"

"If I don't have anything to do Mam. Why not?" She smiles shakily.

"I need to go! I'll be back in a moment!" She to me then to my family.

After she went out. My entire family looks at me with a knowing look.

"Fine, I like her!" I said to them,

"Yes! Told you! Now you're regretting not meeting her soon!" My mom said,

"Yeah! But is something wrong with her? I mean, she's like….!"

"Yup! Have you two met each other in college? It said on her resume that she has a year in your school but then transfers to another!"

"Why did she get transferred?"

"Hmmm… medical purpose. She got into an accident with her parents. Her parents died that day leaving her and sister with her sick grandma. She lost some of her memories, that's what I know!" My mom said,

Now I know! She must have lost her memories about me.

"But she doesn't have a special someone?" I asked.

"Nope! That kid has been ignoring guys' passes. Sometimes she's the center of the talk here because usually when her patients are with a guy they tend to make a move on her which she always ignores or rejects. I love her for that, she loves her job and family! She's a keeper!" She beamed.

"Hahahaha.. The question is, ''Is your son a keeper mom?" Emily asked.

"Of course I am! "

"Yeah! And those pictures in the magazines say it all bro!"

"Shut up sis! It's not my fault paparazzi want to always have a glimpse of my life. I hate it though!"

"Who loves it anyway? Those people seriously need a life!"

"Son, I don't mind you working but for now can you get a vacation?"

"Nah .. I still have a few things to do Dad. Don't worry I will have my break really soon. But for now I will be working regularly. I think I will be busy courting a certain girl!"

"Ohh!" My dad nodded and my mom giggled like a schoolgirl.

"Finally, maybe it's the time you will get married and have a family. She's good for you son. She's very beautiful and kind.