CHAPTER TWELVE - HER PAST

Xavier POV

"For the nth time, Christian I am not doing any pictorial in your company. I have done it in the past, and I think that's enough!" I

"Come on Bro! We are cousins. Can you help me please??"..

"Why don't you ask someone else? There's a lot of celebrities out there willing to take this shoot! But as for me. I am a businessman not a model or something you are trying to project!" I answered him.

"I know, but you know you are popular with ladies. Come on, just appear one more time on a men's magazine cover. Please? I will do anything you ask!" He is practically begging to me right now.

Christian is the son of my mom's sister , Lisa. He's right, we are cousins by blood.

He has this popular men's magazine and I had been featured in the past. Now, I don't think I am feeling ready. I mean, I know why he wants me too. Aside from that, I do it for him for free. He gots a lot of sales for it, meaning money from it.

"Hahahaha… Told you for the nth time I am not doing it!"

I have too much on my plate right now. My job is pending after I passed out and then the conversation we had with my mom a while ago.

I need to use more sockets on my brain to work. I certainly can't afford to pose and smile on the camera right now.

After what happened between me and Charlotte when she fell over me. I called my investigator and had him investigate Charlotte.

What he had found out makes me feel a bit guilty.

Charlotte had an accident with her parents. I know it from my mom. But the time and timing feels a bit confusing.

It was the same day she disappeared like thin air. It was the day that I never heard about her ever since. It was the day that morning I woke up in someone else's bedroom and in someone else's arms.

It said on the report that her parents went to get here. Because she phoned them and urgently they came to see her. But it didn't why?

What's worse was that Charlotte can't remember anything that happened that day. It was like the day she didn't exist.

It's not even helping what my mom said. I recalled the conversation we had earlier.

"Son!"

"Hey Mom" I said as I lifted my head from my laptop.

"So you're still working huh?"

"My own doctor said it's ok as long as I followed her orders!"

"Which are?" She raised her brows.

"I eat properly, sleep well and take my medicine in time!" I said.

"Good! Hmmm talking about your doctor….!" She stretches. While staring at me.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, she's very pretty and beautiful and you know …..!"

"Mom just say it straight to me please?"

"You are interested in her right?"

"Yes!"

"You like her?"

"Yes!"

"You want to be with her?"

"Yes!"

I answered her honestly. It's useless lying to her. She's my mom and she knows me from head to toe. You can never lie to a woman who gives birth to you and all. The woman that showed you the world and loved you beyond everything.

And it's not like I am telling her lies. It's all true and all. I am interested in her , I like her and I want to be with her too.

Who wouldn't?

"So you know that have a lot on her plate. After her parents died. She was left with her only sister and grandma. And now her grandma is sick, really really sick that all she thinks and does is all about for her!"

"So?"

"So it would be hard to crack her wall down!"

"Hmmm.. I can help her with that!" I said to her while nodding at something.

"Hahahahaha… you certainly won't do the same shit like your father did to me?" She asked me.

"What shit babe?" Of course my dad came.

Whenever and wherever my Mom is, he's always there following her around. My dad is as big ass whipped.

My mom rolled eyes on my dad while my dad of course watched her carefully. Those loving and puppy eyes my goodness never leaves my dad's eyes when he stares at her.

I hate to admit it.

Even no matter how I said this in the past that I hated seeing this but deep inside of me I want that.

I want that!

I wish I could stare at someone like that.

" You know the part where you said that you will shoulder everything with my sister medication but I'll need to spend a night with you! Remember babe?" My mom smiled sweetly to her. Let me rephrase it as excessively sweet. 

"Oh that! I'm still dreaming about it again and again!" He said shamelessly.

"Dreaming? Really dad? Why?"

"Oh, don't ask me why son because it's rated SPG. Though you're big enough to understand, still these private moments with your mom. I want to treasure it for the rest of my life.!" My dad said winking at my Mommy.

"Goodness, can you two stop eye fucking at each other for a second? "

"Hahaha… we both know damn well Son, you like being this. You want someone to act like this!" My dad.

Of course he knows like a father, like a son.

"Urg! You too I just can't!" I shake my head.

"Do you want my advice or not? Because I been these and you know it's fucking work!" My dad said smugly.

"Babe don't ever think of telling him what you did. It's not gonna work on her! It doesn't mean that it works on me, it will work on her too. So better think of another plan to make her fall for you!"