CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT - ONLY YOU

Charlotte POV

" Xavier, how many times do I need to answer you? It's a no!" I said to him,

"Please baby?" He said as he kept pleading with me using his puppy eyes.

"Xavier I can't you know I have responsibility for my work!" I reasoned out.

"Come on, this is only the first time you will take a leave. I know my mom will say yes to this!" He said as he kept holding my hands to plead.

"But Xavier, I can't turn my back on the patients!"

"Babe I know! But you keep working. I just want you to have a little break and breathe for a while!" He said and I frowned at him.

What's with him?

Well, this guy keeps on combinsing me to come to him at his business meeting in another country.

"Nope! I thought you would be there to have a business meeting? What break are you talking about?" I said to him,

"Well, hmmmm… after the meeting then we will have vacation? How is it? Come on, I will ask my mom about it!"

"No, Xavier! I don't want your mom to think that just because I dated her son I can't easily escape my work!" I said.

"Oh please, my mom would be delighted if she knew you would come with me to my business meeting!"

"And why is that?"

"Well, she likes it when you spend time with me. She even told me when she can see her little Xavier on me!"

His comment made me blush. My goodness how can he simply say that in front of me. It's freaking embarrassing.

Although it's been a month we have been dating but we have gone all the way. Since I haven't told him about my past. I intend to inform about it and if he can still accept me then fully give myself to him but for now I don't think I can. That's why I keep saying no to his offer to come with him to this business meeting.

"Xavier, we already talked about it. It's a no!" I said to him, making him pouted at me.

"Babe, you just need to come with me!"

"Xavier, what about my co-workers? I don't think it's fair to them. I didn't date you to have this kind of benefit!" I said to him, 
We wouldn't try to say anything. If I heard someone say something… !"

"Xavier, stop saying something like that!"

"No, because it's the truth. If someone says something bad about you I wouldn't hesitate to destroy them. So others will see what I can do if someone tries to hurt you!"

"No one will hurt me ok? Stop saying something like that!"

"So you will come with me?" He asked again and I closed my eyes.

"Nope!" I shortly said.

"Babe, come on! I just don't want to be far away from you. Imagine one week away from you? Goodness just being away from you for only an hour makes me lonely. What's more, a week? Please baby?"

"So you just want to take me with you because you don't want to feel lonely without me?"

"Yes and I also wanted to have a vacation with you!" He said coyly.

"You can't fool me Xavier. So when is this business meeting of yours?"

"You will come with me?" He asked me with his eyes looking at me hopefully.

"Nope! Maybe I will think about it!"

"Ok… ok… Next week on Monday!" He said and held my hand. "So if you decide to come with me don't ever hesitate to tell me. Hehehe… I am so excited!"

"I didn't even say yes! Why are you excited?"

"At least you will think about it!" He smiled then wink at me.

"And if ever I say yes, I will be the one to ask permission from your Mom, not you." I said, giving him a pointed look.

"Ok! No problem! Because I know my mom will say yes to it!" He said, giving me a confident smile.

"And Xavier, can you please stop visiting me during my work hours? As I said, I don't want any bad comments from my co-workers!" I said to him,

"Oops sorry! Don't worry this will be the last time I will barge in your clinic during working hours!" He said smiling but I can't say any regrets in his eyes.

"So tomorrow will be my day off!"

"Oh that, can we go somewhere else rather than in my condo?" He asked me.

"Why is that? Our agreement is to only cool for you during my day off?"

"You're my girlfriend now. No need to do that!"

"Even so, I still need to pay you!"

"No need! You can just give me a baby!"

"Xavier….!" I shrieked.

"What?"

"How can you say something like that?" I said to him,

"Well, if we are going to have a baby then we will get married then no need to pay me. My goodness I want you for a lifetime babe!" He said and I mentally blushed.

This guy always made my heart flutter every time. Why can't he stop saying something to fluster my heart. 

"Xavier, we are too early to get married. We only dated for a month now. Here I thought we will only try this for a month and now you are talking about marriage!"

"Hehehehe… babe, what are you talking about? You know I have a good boyfriend right?"

Well he's been a good boyfriend.. except for the fact he keeps barging on my working hours if not he keeps calling me even though he had meetings.

He said that he misses me and that he wants to hear my voice every time.

"Yeah, but sometimes I thought of breaking….!"

"Don't you dare say another word, woman!" He said, giving me his serious look..

"What? "

"No tapping out babe!" He said and hugged me.

"Xavier, there are plenty of women lining up for you to choose. I really don't get why you want to be with me. I am a plain boring doctor who only has work on her head? I don't think it's attractive to a man!" I said to him,

"Babe, it doesn't matter how many girls are lining up or waiting for me to notice. The point is they are not you. And they can never be you. There's only one girl that owns my heart and that's you. Who cares if you don't have time for me? I can easily barge in on your work time. Hehehehe perks of being an owner!" He laughed then hugged me. " I love you babe, remember that!" He said as he tightly embraced me.