CHAPTER ELEVEN - EMBARRASSING

Charlotte POV

How the hell did I end up getting tripped and falling down straight to that guy's lap?

Embarrassing right? But that's not only that! There's nothing more embarrassing than what happened next after I fell to him.

Why?

Because after being stupid and idiot. I fell numb and dumb that I actually forgot to move away from him. The reason? I stood there frozen like a damn cold ice water.

I am not actually like that but after meeting that guy. I mean after meeting Mr knight I feel like something inside of me gets riled up. Something inside of me ignited by his presence.

Yeah, let's go back to where we were.

Yeah I stood frozen in him. But then out of all times, the door suddenly opened. It's embarrassing to think that someone might have seen us in this uncompromising position but what's even worse is the person that opens the door is none other than Mrs knight.

Yeah the one and only Mrs knight. Out of all people in the freaking world!

I would rather choose to be seen with anyone not her.

Why?

She's the owner of this hospital I am working with.

Also, she's the mother of the guy I stripped with and fell flat on his lap.

And now what could she think of me now?

What if she thinks I'm seducing her son?

Urg so here I am running for my life.

I need to talk to her and clear up whatever she thinks about what she saw a while ago.

Guess I am here outside of her office. Contemplating whether or not I should knock or not!

Of course you need to knock you idiot! Where's your sense of respect?

Goodness sometimes my rational thoughts run out from my system.  Sorry about that people!

I knocked on her door and I could hear her voice chimes on the other side. I went inside and I gulped nervously and tried to rid the sweat that was sipping in my hands.

I am too ewww..

"Mrs knight??" I said to her and she looked at me smiling.

Why is she smiling at me?

"Yes dear???" She said with her eyes beaming.

I don't why but it seems like this is not the kind of reaction I am expecting her to be.

"Hmmmm about what you saw earlier, Mam. I just want to explain about it!" I said as I choked in the last part.

"What do you mean? There's no need to explain, dear! I am actually happy right now!"

"Huh?" I said I was confused.

"I mean I am finally happy for the two of you. I was meaning to get the two of you. I have been pairing you and now. Now I saw the two of you, it makes me happy knowing that my son finally has a girl who would love him!"

Love? Did she just say love???

"Oh no Mam! It's nothing like that! It's the reason why I am here to tell you exactly what happened!"

"What do you mean dear?" She asked me.

"What I mean is that what you saw isn't what you thought. I just tripped when I walked closer to him so I fell on his lap. And that's what you saw! We didn't do anything nor do we want to do anything other than be patient and doctor.!"

"Oh no! I mean, am I wrong?" She said this time she looked sad and disappointed.

Why? I already told her exactly what happened?

Why is she not happy?

"Yes! I am just checking on him Mam!" I said.

"Oh…!" She sighs in dismay.

"Yeah! So?"

"So?" She fired back what I said.

" I still have my job right?"

"What are you talking about dear?" She asked curiously.

"I mean I am not fired?"

"Why will I fire you?" She asked me.

"Hmmm because of what happened?"

"Dear, is that what you are thinking right now? I am going to fire you because I might think you seduced my son?"

"Hmmm?" I nodded.

"Look, if it's you who will seduce him. I don't mind!" She giggled at me. "because I know you are a good girl! I know he will be the luckiest guy in the world to have you!"

"Huh?"

"You know, I do like you right? I was vocal to you how I wanted you to date my son. Hahahaha.. I have been convincing you to have a blind date with him. But unluckily it didn't work. But now…. Look how fate works!" She smiled.

"I mean I am not happy that my son passed out. But if it's the will to meet you then why not!" She said and I practically can't understand her at all.

"In short, I would like you to be my future daughter in-law. When I said about it yesterday I was actually not joking at all. I really do! I saw how beautiful of you inside and out. You never want any power, fame and money. I saw you turned down those guys attempting to buy your dignity. You are nothing like those women after my son's money! You are simply you!" She said, 

"Thank you Mam. I am happy that you see me that way!" I said smiling at her " But I don't think me and your son will be, honestly. He is just way too BIG…!" Her eyes widened in my statement and I realised I am talking shit! " No what I mean, what am I trying to say is that, He is your son while I am one of your employees. And I Love my job Mrs knight. You know, of all people, I can't afford to lose it!" I said truly to her.

"I know!.... Even if it's not you. Maybe one of my employees. I don't think that they want to use him. But I just like the idea of you and him!"

"I don't know! Hmmmm can I exit now Mam?" I asked.

Before I could go outside I heard her calling me.

"Yes Mam?"

"You don't have to make this clear. But I know my son likes you. So please give him a chance. "

"It's impossible, Mrs knight!"

"Well call it impossible! But I call it mother's instinct!" She said and smiled.

I shake my head and process what she just said. She's certainly bluffing. A guy like him won't fall from someone like me if he can have anyone he wants.