CHAPTER THIRTY - STOLEN KISS

Charlotte POV

I was running late for my shift today and unluckily I bumped into someone. That someone, who I was praying not to meet or see today. I just don't have the courage to face him at the moment.

But of course, you all know how persistent and hard headed this guy can be.

He called me last night. And I texted him that we will just talk about it but not now or maybe I will message him if I have the guts.

Obviously he didn't listen to me. He wouldn't be here if he was.

I slowly gathered myself and held my head up looking up to him. And when I do, I see he's like fire eyes on me.

"Good morning Mr Knight!" I told him casually, trying to be as casual as possible as if nothing happened.

I tried to walk past him but he caught my arms.

"Why are you like this?" He asked me.

I frowned while I looked at him.

"Like what?" I said I was confused.

"You know what I mean!"

"Look, I have a job to do! And obviously I am very late. So please Mr. Knight, can we just talk when I am free!"

"I don't care! This is my family's hospital anyway. I can do whatever I want. And. That includes you, if I say, you don't need to report then that's it!"

What???.

"Look, I don't care if you own this. But I pledge to save people's lives. Now please!" I said as I trying to get away from him..

"Babe, stop running away! You know you can't get away from me!"

"I am not!"

"Then let's talk!"

"I have work to do!" I insisted.

"Fine… I will wait for you till your break time! Don't ever think you can get away from me!" He

"Ok fine!" I said as I tried to swat my arms from him. But of course he didn't budge at all. So I give him a pointed look. "My arm Xavier!" I said to him, "You are drowning everyone's attention on us!"

"So???"

"I don't want to be the center of gossip!" I said as I still swayed away his hand. But this guy was, as expected, so stubborn and annoying.

" I'll be waiting for you, babe! Bye…!" He said but did the unexpected thing to do. He kissed me on my lips.

Before I could say anything he was already away from me.

"Urgg! So much for gossip!" I said, trying to be subtle on my way to the hospital.

"That was literally a show Sis!"

"Don't start with me!" I welcome her.

"Hahahaha.. everyone talking about it now! Wow… Doc Char is dating Xavier Jr!" She said to me,

"We are not!"

"Obviously, you are! I mean look at how he looks at you. Are you really blind sis?" She asked me.

"Of course not!" I said as I put my bag on my desk.

My secretary went in and gave me my schedules for today.

"Thank you!" I said as I dismissed her.

"Congrats on your relationship Doc Char!" She said and I looked at her stunt.

"Huh? Relationship?" I said as my sister can't stop smiling over it.

"Yeah , you and the CEO's son!" She answered me.

"Oh no! We are not!"

"Not?" She said looking disappointed. "But everyone thought you were because they witnessed him kissing you!" She answered me.

I facepalm myself trying to calm down but it's useless. It's no use at all. Of course everyone would think like that.

Why does he need to kiss me in the middle of the freaking hospital lobby?

"Just forget that Abe, we don't have any romantic relationship!" I said. " You may go now!" I said to her,

"Hahahaha… Told you!" My sister teases at me.

"I need to go! I have three patients that need to attend rather than talking about my non-existent love life, my dear sister!" I said to her,

"Oh come on! You know it does exist. You're just too negative for it. It's clear as the sky how that guy looks at you. I mean he was like dreaming when his eyes looking at you!"

"Metaphor? Hahahaha… that won't work on me Sis. You know the things I've been through. Xavier doesn't know anything about it!"

"Then tell him!"

I looked at her like she's grown two horns.

Tell him? I don't think that's right. How could I? That's too personal and those matter only for family only. No one other than my family knows about it.

"Why would I? I won't waste my time telling him about my past Sis!"

"Come on, if he will not run then he is the right one for you?"

"That's too absurd! I won't!"

"Come on, don't be a coward. I bet he will like it when you're honest with him!" She said to me,

"You are reading too many fictional love stories, Sis. Don't confuse reality and fiction!" I said to her,

"I am not! Just try to tell him! Who knows. It's not like you will lose something. At least if he runs then he will not bother you anymore. You won't complain about how annoying and persistent he is!" She explained.

I looked at her, figuring out. At some point she is right. I have nothing to lose. It's not like we are dating or anything. If he wards off then still it's my gain.

"Ok! I'll tell him!" I said to her, For once it's good that I will be honest to him. If he can't accept me because of it. Then he's not the right one, right?

"That's the spirit Sis!" She said to me,

"Don't get carried away or expect something positive will happen,.ok? Now let me get to my job. I don't think my patients will like it when I am late!" I said as I opened my office door.

But for sure, he will back away. He is the type of guy who won't settle for a girl like me. It's impossible. A guy like him won't love me especially when he knows about my past.

**************

Thank you for reading my book!

Please don't forget to vote, comment and follow me.

❤️❤️❤️❤️
Dianalovesdiane