CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT - CAUGHT

Charlotte POV

Yeah what happened next was something I didn't expect to happen. Not in a million years I imagine myself being entangled in this kind of scenario.

So you must be wondering what really happened. So without further ado. I will tell you.

We were in the midst of passionate kissing when the front door opened unexpectedly. I instantly disconnected myself from him because I pushed him so hard that landed himself on the floor.

"Ehhhh.... Oh shit! My goodness! Sorry,... Sorry... continue please! We will just come back after an hour!" I heard Mrs Knight say with awkward giggles.

"Oh no! It's ok Mrs knight. I am just heading home anyway. I need to be home before my sister ends her shift!" I said as I rambled nonsense.

"But....!"I heard him protest.

"I need to go home Xavier!" I said to him,

"I will take you home then!" He said as he came closer to me.

"No! Just be with your parents. I can take care of myself!" I said as I dismissed him.

I hurriedly walked as I passed to his parents. They both looked at me mixed with shock and confusion.

I nodded at them as I walked past them.

Call me a coward or whatever but I really need to get away from this place quickly. For I don't know how I summoned myself to get out. I was too embarrassed that my body was shaking but I force myself to walk.

Thankfully the journey to the parking lot was a success. I was too afraid that he might come after me so I drove my car fastly as I could.

When I getting near my house, I let out a relief sigh. I park my car , get inside the house and went to my bedroom then I dive into my bed. My face is buried in my pillows.

I can still feel the hot sensation in my cheeks. I don't know if it's the fact that I responded to his kisses or the one that his parents caught us in.

There are too many questions running into my brain right now.

First, what should I do?

Second, why did I respond to him?

Third, what possessed me to act like that?

Fourth, what will happen next?

Fifth, how can I face him? Or how will I face his parents, especially his mom?

I groaned as I pushed myself into my pillow then face up again, back and forth. Even on my behalf I feel embarrassed.

But there's something in me that bothers me so much. Why did it feel familiar? I mean when he kissed me I felt like I felt that lips before. It's impossible right?

Did I fantasize about him in my dreams?

No! Of course not silly. I would never dream of something like that.

But what is strange? To feel something that you have done before but you know that's impossible? Right? That feeling of deja Vu is something I can't explain.

I stood and took a seat. It's no use on benting my embarrassment here in my bedroom. So I went to the living room only to find my sister on the sofa typing on her phone. When she noticed me she raised her brows.

"I thought you would be at Me knight house?" She asked me.

Just mentioning his name brings me back to the thing we did just a while ago. I turned my back to my sister or else I will get busted by her. Cause I can't lie valiantly in front of her.

Between the two of us, I am the most screwed and can't lie straight on my face. Which my sister can easily recognize. And with that she would have a reason to tease me again. So yeah I choose to hide my embarrass face so she won't see my reaction.

"I finished earlier so I headed back home earlier too!" I said to her I went to the kitchen to get some water.

"Really? So what is it like? I mean his house? Is it true that it's big?" She said while following me to the kitchen.

"Yeah, it's huge. I feel like I am out of place. Everything there screams luxury and richness!" I told her.

"Really? Did you and him..... you know!" She asked while making her lips kiss someone.

"No!" I said quickly.

"Oh yes! There's definitely something that happened. You wouldn't be this defensive if nothing happened!" She said while looking closely into my eyes.

"What are you talking about Cher? Nothing happened ok?" I said trying to avoid her again.

"Come on?"

"Nothing happened ok? Now can we talk about something?" I told her.

"Hahahaha... there's really something in there!"

"Shut up!"

"Ok, ok fine! I won't hurry you. But just remember I am always here ok?" She said to me but knowing that look means something else.

I shake my head on her. For now, I just want to keep it to myself. I feel like I want to stay that way for now.

"So did he taste good!"

I sputter water from my mouth. I know it's gross but geez this girl really doesn't have any filter on her mouth.

"Nothing happened between us Cherry. Please can you just drop it!"

"Fine," she pouted at me. "But at least answer this. Did something happen that you don't want to talk about?" She pressed and I gave her a bored look.

"Yeah, now can we change the subject!" Instead of answering me she jumped like a child.

"Yes, finally you are going to have a love life!" She said, smiling at me.

"No! I won't!"

"For sure Mr knight is already planning something for you!" She said laughing.

"So how's grandma?" I said trying to change the subject.

"I know you don't want to talk. Yeah yeah! Ok, grandma is ok! And she will be discharged two days from now. Isn't it great? Hahahahaha finally we will be a family of three!" She said and I smiled.

"Yeah, so how about we clean her room tomorrow? And prepare for it!" I said to her,

"Why tomorrow? When can we do it now?" She said to me,

I smiled at her and nodded.

Finally my grandma is going to be back home. I swear I never thought this day would come.

After that both me and my sister are busy cleaning my grandma's room to prepare for her arrival. For that time my mind shifted away from the recent events that happened. At least for now.