CHAPTER FIFTY ONE - PROPOSED

Charlotte POV

"Xavier, how many times do I need to tell you that I am ok? You don't have to do this!" I said as I looked at him annoyed.

After our talk in the hospital. I have changed my mind. I know I may sound like stupid to accept him right away after everything he done to me.

But what can I do? I love this guy so much. Past, present, maybe even future I think I will always love him. The feelings I have for him in the past never change, never gone, always been there.

It's even stronger since I came to know him even more.

His right, the stupid and carefree Xavier in the past no longer there. It was all gone and replaced with a sweet, thoughtful and loving one.

It would be stupid of me to let go of someone who love me and the fact that I love him back even more intense.

But I told him this would be the last. If he does something bad or makes a mistake again I won't think twice about breaking up with him. Though his face was hilarious when I said that.

"No, I can walk on my own without you guiding my hand!" I half angrily said to him.

We've been arguing about this. He is just too overprotective of me ever since I got discharged.

Though no matter how much he protests that he wants me to stay in his house, I choose mine. Since I declined he gave me a personal nurse.

And it's my sister, Mrs knight assigned my sister to take care of me. I told them that it's ok, they don't need to do it. But of course she insisted. I won't wonder how Xavier got his hard headed head. Heheheheh.. please don't tell Mrs Knight about it.

She said for now that I am pregnant she assigned my sister to take care of me. Perks of being the owner of the hospital… hahahahah… haizt..  My sister even has a salary to take care of me. She even doubled it.

I told them no need to pay my sister but still they insisted. His Father was even excited that he finally said a baby to pass down his name.

Xavier bought a lot for the house. He always buys food and everything for me to eat. Imagine he put a large freezer with all flavors of ice cream on it.

Yep, I always crave ice cream. Though I don't have any particular flavor. Sometimes I want to eat ube, mango, chocolate and so on. That's why he put a freezer in my house.

He said that he really won't mind buying me everything but sometimes he has meetings. The kitchen is full of my favourite fruits. Hahahah..

I don't even think I will be hungry in this state. My grandma is so happy . She said finally she was able to see me happy and have my own life.

"Babe, remember you need to rest! I don't want you to be exhausted!" He said and I looked at him frustrated.

"Xavier, I am only one month pregnant. The doctor just said that I need to rest. But not this way. I am not invalid!" I told him.

"Of course you are not! But I just don't want you to get hurt!"

" As if, there's someone who will hurt me!"

"As if I let someone hurt you. I will kill them!" He said while his eyes turned dark.

"That's the point Xavier. No one will hurt me. Why are we talking about hurting me anyway? What I am trying to say is that you don't need to do this. I appreciate how you take care of me. But I don't want you to feel this way!"

"I get it why! You feel like you are disturbing me? Goodness baby, you are my baby and you have my baby with you. It's normal that I want to give you everything you need and want! This is what I been working for? What's the use of my hard work?"

"Yeah, but don't treat me like a fragile woman!" I said as I sulked.

"Hahahah… Cute!" He said while pinching my cheeks.

"I wish our baby will look like you. I really want to be a girl and look like you!"

"Don't you want a baby boy?" I asked him. Since his parents want a baby boy so much. Hahahahaha..

"Nah .. we can always make another baby boy! But I want our first baby girl!" He said as she lovingly caressed my flat stomach.

"Come let's go to your room. You need to rest!" He said as he held my hand again like a baby.

"Xavier, I can walk on my own!"

"Baby, do you want me to carry you?" He said and I know he's not joking.

One time when we are out. It was raining heavily so he was afraid I might slip. He carried me to his car.

We stop in front of my room door. He halted and I looked at him.

"What?" I give him a questioning look.

"Open the door baby " he said and I rolled my eyes on him.

Maybe he got another surprise. He is always like this. He loves to surprise me. It's ok with me as long as it's not expensive.

Just when I opened the door I saw a sign on top of my bed. A bold capital letter with a word.

"WILL YOU MARRY ME?"

I glanced at Xavier but only to find him kneeling in front of me. I let out a gasp sound when I saw him taking a ring on the velvet box.

"Will you marry me baby? Please say yes!" He pleaded and I looked at him with teary eyes.

"Of course I say yes! I will marry Xavier!" I said and he put the ring on my finger. And even made a bump fist then said yes.

"Thank you babe, sorry for the simple proposal. I just don't want you to get mad! I mean you don't want me spending a lot of money, knowing you!"

I stopped him using my finger and put it in his mouth.

"Shhh… What are you talking about? I do love it. It doesn't have to be extravagant or expensive. What I want is to see you mean what you ask me. And I saw sincerity and love in your eyes. Those things are just material Xavier. I want real feelings!" I said to him and he smiled at me.

After that we kissed, then suddenly my sister shouted.

"Finally, congratulations my sister!" I groaned as I felt embarrassed.

"Don't be embarrassed. As if I haven't seen the two of you, always sweet!!" She laughed and I looked at Xavier who only shrugged his shoulders in response.