CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN - FLUTTER

Xavier POV

I can't keep my eyes off her. From.the way she talked, smiled and laughed with my family as if she really belonged here.

I know my family is really into her. Even before we met again my mom kept pursuing me to meet this girl and have a date. I didn't know it's Charlotte. If I knew then I would be willing to go on a date with her. No need for my mom to convince me. I would do it in a heartbeat.

I smiled when she laughed again. My mom and sister keep on talking to her while me, my father and Daniel keep talking about business as usual.

But just like me, both of them keep stealing glances at their wife's. Maybe in the future too, Charlotte will be my wife. I am hoping that time will come.

We are currently eating our dinner and of course judging from what I heard they are talking about me.

While me , my father and brother in-law are talking I am busy putting food on her plate.

"No, Xavier I am almost full!" She said as she protested as she saw me adding a spoonful of rice on her plate.

"Babe, that's too small! Eat more!" I said as I add again.

She glared at me in response and I smiled at her.

"Fine, this is the last one. Please, just eat this one!" I said as I tried to convince her.

In the past, the nerd Charlotte would never glare at me. She always listened to every word I said. Funny now, how I am very much in love with her.

It's really that when you lose a person, it's where you realize it's worth.

But the important thing is that destiny gives me another chance to correct my mistakes. I may have lost her in the past but in the present and future I can see it well that she's on it.

I will do anything to keep her. Even though I told her that we are just trying this but I intend to make this long and shall I say forever.

"I still can't believe that my brother has a girlfriend. It's the first time he brought a girl here in the house!" My sister said as she can't stop looking at me and Charlotte.

I can feel Charlotte stiffened on her remarks.

"Nah…. He even keeps declining my offer to have blind date. Later he knows that Charlotte is the girl that I've been pairing with!" My mom said laughing.

"Look at him now Mom, he can't stop staring at her!" My sister said she threw us a teasing look.

"If I had known it was Charlotte I would say yes in an instant!" I told them honestly. Then I looked at Charlotte who stared at me shyly. "Do you know it's me? I mean I know my mom keeps asking you?"

"Nah… if you keep refusing me as well as she. She never once said yes! Your girlfriend's eyes focus only on her job. Right Char?" My mom answered me.

"Yeah… I actually knew it was you. Because Mrs knight keeps telling to met her son. I don't have any clue what you look like!" That made my sister and her husband Daniel burst into laughter.

"Man… you are the faces and head of the hot news everyday. But damn, she doesn't have a clue of your face…. Hahahahah.. Sorry Char! I mean why?"

"As I said, this girl's attention is only her family and patient only. That's why I really want her to be my daughter in-law!" My mom said, making her blush.

"Oh.. I just don't have any interest in having a relationship. I thought it would be best to focus only on work and nothing more!"

"So what made you say yes to him then?" My sister asked this time and then she glanced at me while my sister waited for her reply.

"Actually, I begged for her to give me a chance!"

"You begged??? Man…. You are so whipped!"Daniel commented at me while he couldn't stop laughing.

"As if you are not whipped by my sister. Nothing wrong with being whipped by the woman you love!" I said heartily as I looked at her.

"Awwww… I never thought this day would come when my only son would say that in front of me. I can still recall the time when he acted gagging when he saw me and his father being extra romantic!"

"Mom, it's not extra romantic but more of an SPG moment. I don't think every child wants to see their parents in that position!"

"Hahahahaha… yeah I agreed to that. I had witnessed my parents too as well! It's hilarious I swear! What can I say our both parents are insatiable when it comes to being ROMANTIC!" Daniel said as he emphasised the last word. We all get it but Charlotte on the other hand keeps blushing. 

"Ohhh… of course! In time you will be like that too. The feeling of having your wife in your arms always is heaven. Don't even think I didn't say this to you. But I know you get it. By the looks on how you look at your woman I can see myself in you both!"

"Hahahahah.. well I don't have any complaints about that Dad!" Daniel said

"Me too!"

"Ohhhhh….!" They all both said that as they all looked at us both.

"What???" I asked them innocently.

"You know what we mean right? I mean, not as a girlfriend but as a woman who you will spend the rest of your life???" My dad said to me,

"I have no doubt about it, Dad. I am just waiting for the perfect time to ask her. I don't want Charlotte to think that I move too fast!"

"Uhmmmm… ! I think you are all talking about me???" Charlotte asked us.

"Baby, my family is just straight forward and so am I. I don't have to say it but I know you are the one for me!" I said to her, making her smile and shake her head.

"You and your words Xavier!" She mumbled silently but I could hear it.

So I leaned down and whispered in her ear.

"Why? Did I make your heart skip?" I asked her. Then she looked at me again.

"No… you just made my heart fluster!" She said smiling.

It was sudden so I looked at her dumbfounded. Before I could pull off myself she was already talking to my sister.

I smiled while looking at her side. At least she's slowly getting closer to me. But I intend to make her even closer to me. I will do anything to make mine again. And this time I will make it right and hold her tight.